Finley Dickenson born 7/2/2007

Sassyminx

Reaction score
Well thought id pop on quickly and give you all my wonderful ( not) birth story

AS i had a spontaneous rupture of membranes on saturday night, i only had 48hrs to go into labour naturally or i would have to be induced, as i was at high risk of infection.

Didnt have any pains so went to get induced at 4pm on Monday. Got there and had my 1st dose of Prostin at 5pm, which didnt do anything, after a VE i was told my cervix was very long still, and very posterior, which wasnt looking hopeful for it to be a successful induction, MW said that she thought i wasnt anywhere near ready to be in labour as my cervix was so high up :shock: :(

Had my next dose of prostin at 11pm, where it also came out that the 1st dose hadnt even dissolved, so in theory i had a double dose, and was hopeful this would get me going, but yet again, no joy, and spent the night with hardly any sleep as someone on the postnatal ward had a baby with a voice of a banshee :wall:

Next day i was examined again and given a 3rd dose of prostin, by this time i wasnt happy as i was just fed up of being in pain with the VE's they had to do to check my progress. I was 2-3cm dilated, exactly the same as i had been on Saturday night when my waters went :wall:

That night i asked one of the MWs how many doses of prostin i was allowed, and she said im only allowed 3 in 24hrs, so i was really upset as didnt want to have to wait another night before anything could potentially happen, so she went to see the doctor, who agreed i could go to delivery suite and be put on syntocinon drip........ i wasnt overly keen as knew this meant id be on continuous monitoring throughout the full labour.

Went to delivery, where i was examined and placed on drip, MW said it must have been my hind waters that had gone, and she was struggling to break my forewaters as cervix was still very high and posterior :( :(

Had 2 midwifes pushing down on my tummy, one holding my legs open while the other one broke my waters, lee looked petrified and i really dont think he was happy about how much pain i was in.

The drip was taking ages to do anything,i had dilated 1cm in 4hrs, and heard them talking about a caesarian as i wasnt progressing at all and baby blatantly didnt want to come out anytime soon.

Was having difficulty with the CTG as baby was moving too much so they put a clip on finleys head, which wasnt very comfortable as i had wire taped to the inside of my leg for the duration

I managed on gas and air until contractions were about 30secs apart, and asked for pethidine, which didnt do much, apart from make me feel dizzy, and asked for an epidural as by 2am i was so tired i really couldnt imagine id be in any state to deliver if i had to endure any more pain and no sleep.

Had epidural put in which gave me really bad shakiness, but i managed to sleep in bits, though finleys heart rate was a bit iffy so they kept waking me up asking me to change position etc,

Finally at about 5am i started getting lots of pressure down below, i was absolutely knacked, and getting concerned about Finley as the monitor kept beeping loads, started to push and MW said i had an anterior lip, so she had to push my cervix back to let the head come through the cervix, and his head was born pretty fast, i was so exhausted by this point i wasnt even thinking about the pain i just wanted to see my baby!!!!!

Took me about 5mins of pushing for him to come out, and found that his cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times, which explained why the heartbeat was taking a while to recover!!!!

He was born at 5.47am yesterday morning, weighing 8lbs 7.5oz, im over the moon and so is lee, hes so content, breasfeeding really well and quite happy!!!!!

heres a pic.....

ikklefinley024.jpg

Sassy he is wonderful, congratulations hun! Sorry you had such a rough ride of it before hand, hope you're healing nicely now :hug: :hug: :hug: *sending you virtual chocolate*

Sassy, he is GORGEOUS!! Well done hunny-sounds exactly like my "labour" (I never actually got to established labour and luckily didnt have much pain other than terrible backache)-except I ended up with c section-had 12 internals in total, each one as painful as the first coz my cervix was like yours, high up and off to one side!

You did so so well, congrats to you and Lee on your handsome little man!!

xxxxx

Ah hun, what a lovely looking baby.

Sounds you had a bit of an ordeal, its well worth it though isnt it.

Well done and congratulations.

i thought with it being my 3rd itd be fast, the only fast part was the pushing bit, which wasnt long at all, the rest of it was horrendous, i really am glad its all over with and weve got a gorgeous baby out of it all :cheer:

Oh my goodness, he is just adorable! Welcome little Finley, and such a lovely head of hair! Congratulations Mummy and Daddy. :D

What a gorgeous boy! Well done for pushing him out in 5 mins! Congratulations honey :cheer:

He is gorgeous you and daddy must be so proud... well done x

Wow! What a gorgeous little thing! And so much hair!
Congratulations!
Lucyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back