Feeling sad

Jadey_404

Reaction score
Ive feeling sad over nothing really. My dad said something that upset me. :cry:

It was my engagement paty on Saturday and my best friend (who i have known for over 13 years) is due to have a baby girl on Sunday 4th May, was sitting across the table from my dad. I was chatting to my dad about how quick its gone and baby Lacy will be here soon. Then he turned around and said to me dont you dare get broody!!! I felt so hurt and upset. :cry: We are not very close as my parents are divorced and i lived with my mum, he doesnt know that we have been trying for a baby. My mum knows and she said she will support me but thinks i should wait longer. Now im afraid that if i did get pregnant my dad would think i have only done it because my friend has had a baby and thats the only reason i wanted one. Well actually im afraid all my family will think this apart from my mum.

I dont know what to do anymore :( I want a baby more than anything and have done for the past 3 years. I feel like now is the right time, but i feel like i should stop trying because of what my family and friends will think.

Has anyone else been in this situation before?

Jade xx

Forget what your Dad said, when the time comes and you do have a baby Im sure he will be over the moon.

My OH's real Dad was the same, he said we must be insane to want a baby, but I think the reasoning behind this is that he doesnt want to be a Grandfather as he thinks he's too young and hip (and pathetic in my opinion) for that. I bet when we do have a baby though he will be secretly pleased.

Dont you dare give up trying for what you want because of what other people might think. I have made this mistake and have regretted it ever since.

It also really pisses me off that people think I only want a child because my friends have babies. Ive wanted a baby for about 10 years, Im alot older than them but its only now that the time is right. I wish I had started alot earlier.

Ignore all negative comments like that, I had a brief chat with my MIL when she was over here last week from the UK, basically I burst into tears one evening (no reason to really, just hormones), and she asked what was the matter.

I explained I had just come off the pill, didnt say anything else, and her only comment was "Is this really a good time to be thinking about children"?

For goodness sake Im 34, and DH is 40 and as we are always so busy there will never be the right time........

Family will always come out with comments, whether they are meant as they are intended or not, so keep smiling and just forget about it. This is your decision and not theirs and if you are ready than thats what matters.

our parents all said similiar things at various times - and we've been married for 3 years, bought a flat, both have fulltiem jobs etc so when we actually told them it was a surprise to noone!

Turns out they were all dying for a grandchild but didn't want to be seen to be pressurising us - hence all the talk about "waiting til you are more settled" etc....

Do you live with your mum or dad? Do they suport you in anyway? If no then it isn't really there buisness if you are trying for a baby (if they do then IMHO you should be considering their feelings and not trying for a baby until you can suport yourselves and it) iand they will come round when they find out you are pregnant. If you and OH both feel you are ready and are able to care for a child both physically and financialy that is all that maters! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back