****February 2019 Mamas****

I have 3 boy names, and my hubby and I love them all, so I reckon it'll be a case of wait till sprog is born and see which one fits ��

Exactly what we are doing! I'm thinking of 6 or 7 names at the moment. With my 2nd son, I chose when I saw him as his name suited him.

We have our name, but no one else knows except us. Quite funny hearing what people think we will go for.

My friend was thinking about hers (due at same time) and her husband has said our name, but she doesn’t like it because it’s common... I couldn’t stop laughing when she said it! (I don’t get upset at stuff like that) xx

Haha - you've got to be careful when talking about names haven't you.
At least she only said it was common; that's something that bothers some people but not others. It's not like she pointed something out about it that would put you off the name.

I think that with names; no-one is going to like all the same names as you do - someone will always think "why would they name their baby that" I just think people shouldn't voice that opinion to you if they know what name you've picked.

I love my son's name still - Mack. But I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and I'm sure this little ones name will be the same. However we've been calling her it now since we found out she was a girl and she definitely is that little person now already.

Haha - you've got to be careful when talking about names haven't you.
At least she only said it was common; that's something that bothers some people but not others. It's not like she pointed something out about it that would put you off the name.

I think that with names; no-one is going to like all the same names as you do - someone will always think "why would they name their baby that" I just think people shouldn't voice that opinion to you if they know what name you've picked.

I love my son's name still - Mack. But I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and I'm sure this little ones name will be the same. However we've been calling her it now since we found out she was a girl and she definitely is that little person now already.

As it's lovely once you can name the 'baby and they become a little personality.

Isn't it interesting (annoying) how people voice their feelings so much, about names! They are often quite passionate about what they don't like. I just sit back and laugh as family debate amongst themselves, thinking I couldn't care less what they like. It certainly won't be my choice!

I just had a scan and baby is measuring average, and about 3lbs now at 30 wks. So cute to see little hands holding on to the feet.

Puglover, I have one more scan at 36 weeks - it is protocol in my NHS trust that they check your placenta at that stage - this must be fairly new as I did not have it with my son.

I had the most amazing appointment with the consultant midwife where she went over my last birth and all the worries I have concerning that. Really reassuring to know that a couple of things have changed since my last time. Firstly, their protocol is now that if you have an epidural they will mobilise you - so if I feel I need one (and I'd rather avoid if possible), I won't be stuck on the bed. I now know that my son got stuck as he didn't make the last turn to come out - so being mobile is going to be very important for me. They also have much better foetal monitoring equipment now. If my BP goes up, they will have to have a foetal heart monitor on through my labour (like last time), but this time round they are all wireless and can be used in water....so I could still end up with a water birth! They have even said that if my BP behaves, I could give birth in the midwife unit attached to the hospital, which would be my ideal....just a corridor away from consultants in case it all goes tits up again, but in a midwife unit for as natural a birth as possible. Being under consultant care, I just didn't think I'd get the choice, so I'm super happy about this :) They have also referred me to an anaesthetist for my spine to be looked at, as they think there may be a reason my last epidural only worked on half my body, and they obviously want to avoid that if I end up having one again. Feeling very reassured :)

Has anyone started with Braxton Hicks yet? Or boob leakages? I’ve not had either, but understand they are coming for me....

Hey PennyPie, hope you're well 🙂

I've not had any BH yet as far as I'm aware and like you, I'm waiting for them to start any day now!
Boobs have been leaking since 17 weeks! :shock: and even more so now. My husband keeps trying to squidge them and make them leak and it's hilarious! :rofl:

Am 30 weeks tomorrow, and so uncomfortable trying to do housework, run errands etc. It took me 2 hours yesterday to walk around my town and pop into 5 shops. Have to keep stopping every 10 minutes to catch my breath!

How is everyone else doing at the moment?

Glad you had your mind put at ease about your last birth Gemsy. My fears have started to raise their head now as well (also had a bad birth last time) I was fine until a couple of weeks ago but I think it's suddenly hit me that I am actually going to have to give birth. I'm trying to be positive though and I'm a lot more aware of what happens this time around and what choices I have.

I haven't had braxton hicks yet either; not everyone gets them so you might not suffer. Baby has started stretching out and sticking either her head, bum or back out which is really painful when she does. It takes my breath away. Kicks still feel nice but that is an awful feeling, don't know how I'll cope if she carries on and potentially gets worse over the next 10 or so weeks. I'd say they were possibly braxton hicks if it wasn't for the fact that it's in the exact place she's also sticking out of.

I've been getting really tired walking upto the work car park. I do have a pass for a closer one but quite enjoy the walk as I know I'm getting a bit (not much but still a bit) of exercise.

Well I’ve had a really terrible evening! Broke down in the pouring rain and ridiculous wind on the motorway tonight! Had to wait 45 mins for recovery to come get me, I had rain dripping down my back and down my legs into my shoes!! It has taken me an hour and a half, a hot shower, blankets and a cat sat on my feet and I’m still not thawed!! :(

Oh no :(
That's awful, glad you're okay and finally starting to warm up.

I feel really hungry tonight; I could just keep eating.

Pennypie what a nightmare, weather has been vile today!

I'm having a fair few Brixton hicks, I have a very active baby too! I've started bouncing on my ball as it is the comfiest way to sit! I'm actually feeling pretty good, as long as I don't overdo things, I'm feeling a lot more energised than earlier on!

Ugh Penny that sounds horrible!

Donna, my appetite has been pretty crazy too.

Gemsy, I've found that I feel better this pregnancy than any of the others... I am really not looking forward to the crazy energy drop I get at the very end! Especially since I tend to go so overdue, it's such a long waiting game.

Phillipa I am SO out of breath, too. I got out of breath cutting my toenails tonight. It's absurd. Going up stairs is hilarious. I mean, for everyone around me.

I had the scariest bout of extreme dizziness/light-headedness today. It was horrible, I was lying down with my toddler trying to help her nap when the baby did a big movement and I got hit with the worst stomach pain/reflux, and within seconds a terrifying and overwhelming sensation that made me feel like I was going to black out. My skin felt fuzzy (if that even makes sense) and my vision got blurry and I had this awful acidic taste in my mouth, it was all-around one of the most unpleasant physical experiences I've ever had! It took me a few minutes to call the advice nurse because I couldn't even imagine being able to talk on the phone. Fortunately my husband was still home (he was moments away from leaving for work so at least the timing was good and it didn't happen after he left!), he sat with me and took the older kids while I called the nurse. She was totally unconcerned, and basically said that now that I'm 30 weeks (still can't believe that), these things are simply going to start happening... the acute episode passed within 10 minutes but for the rest of the day I've felt on the brink of it happening again.

I just really don't have the time to start slowing down. I mean, I know I have limited control over that... overall I am very healthy and active, and have been able to stay on top of things overall. I don't get sick, I have pretty great energy for the most part (when my insomnia isn't acting up), and I am a full-time mom to 3 young kids... the thought that I could be "breaking down" when I have 11-12 weeks of pregnancy left (not to mention those early postpartum recovery weeks!) is totally unacceptable. I just hope this was a random "off" day and I can get back to feeling ok, at least until 37ish weeks! Not asking too much, right?

Where you lying on your back Kholl? I think baby can press on a nerve if you are, which can make you black out.

Gemsy, yes I was but I was tilted to the side which usually makes it ok! But I think you're on to something, maybe I was allowing baby to put too much pressure there and that's why it happened.

So one of my good friends is due with her first 4 days after I'm due, and she has the same insurance/providers as I do, and they've been telling her she'll have to be induced at 39 weeks because of advanced maternal age. Well, she and I are the same age! And they haven't said a word about that to me! I will ask about it at my next appointment... I wonder if my midwife is hesitating to bring it up since she knows how bullheaded and stubborn I am about everything, haha!

^^Hopefully not lying on your back will help avoid that happening again.

Hmm - that seems really odd. It's weird for me to hear insurers insisting on things like that as well, as obviously over here we don't have them so I didn't realise they got as involved as that. Maybe it's also because it's her first, they might not have the same rules because you've already had children. Who knows? But worth bringing it up at your next appointment. Would be nice to be fair if you were induced at 39 weeks as like you say you don't want to be struggling if you have more issues for an extra few weeks when you have your other kids to be looking after as well.

Hello ladies,

I just got home from Poland, and I'm now pleased to be relaxing. It was -4° and bitterly cold at times, but I enjoyed several miles of walking and getting wrapped up! It was a challenge, but I like to appreciate extremes, like arriving home for a warm bath, after the cold.

The Christmas market and the architecture was beautiful, and the delicious foods which were very inexpensive compared to the UK.

I'm definitely happy now to have home comforts, and to begin the Christmas season at home with the children.

31 weeks this week......eek!

Did I ask if anybody else is considering a home birth? I need to get organised for this now. Hoping the family can be at home together when the time comes.

I'd love a home birth.

However as I have a 10 year age gap and I also had complications with my son I don't think it'll be a good idea. If everything goes well with this one then I'd 100% want to do it next time. Only issue for me would be the dog; but we'd have to just make sure he was kept under control.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Poland sounds lovely :)

I'm starting to regret not leaving work earlier. I'm just constantly on the countdown. 3 weeks until Christmas and then 4 weeks when we come back. I know it's not long I'm just hoping that I'm not too tired towards the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back