****February 2019 Mamas****

I’ve had some bad itching (a couple spots on the front of my shins), it’s been so extreme I’ve scratched until it bleeds :( I am being tested for choleostasis and I am absolutely terrified. I might not even get results until tomorrow- don’t know know how I am going to wait even one more minute! I can’t stop crying!

How are you doing Kholl, have you had any news about the extreme itching??
Sounds awful, I've had dry itchy legs but nowhere near as bad as what you seem to have.

I have given up trying to sleep during the night now, it gets to bout 2 or 3am before I ACTUALLY sleep through the night. So have been staying at home a lot and resting or napping when I can.

Had a growth scan today, sprog is measuring fine and weighing in at about 4.5lbs at the moment.
He's already head down which I thought as I've been having increased pelvis pain along with my SPD.

How is everyone else doing at the moment?
It seems to have got quite quiet here recently.

Hi girls, hope you're all well.

I am feeling huge and really quite uncomfortable over the last few days....I'm trying to get a lot of work bits done as I'm self employed so need to be well ahead of myself before baby makes an appearance!

I'm going through a bit of a hoopla at the moment, as I have decided to change the hospital I'm going to have the baby at. Our original hospital has major roadworks and parking issues and I've sat in traffic for over two hours every time I've had a consultant appointment. It's causing my so much worry about getting there that I have decided to request for my care to be transferred. It means I'm in a different healthcare trust but there is no difference in distance to the hospital, and my community midwife will stay the same anyway. It's a bit of a hassle as I have to have a lot of my bloods repeated and start afresh with a new consultant but I think it's worth it for the peace of mind that I am less likely to give birth in the car!!!

Hi guys

I'm fine; equally starting to feel really uncomfortable now. My bump felt so tight and heavy today. I'm also starting to get really tired. One and a half weeks left until my Christmas break, we don't have many plans over Christmas luckily as I don't know how much I'd be up for.

Everything is fine with baby though, she's still being very active which I am still really enjoying (even if she is starting to hurt me sometimes) it just feels like I have so long to wait still.

I'm looking forward to meeting my health visitor and having my scan next week :) then my next midwife appointment is in the new year. Weird to think end of January some of us may be starting to have our babies (hopefully not me, I want her to stay in until at least Feb the 2nd)

Oh man, I’m feeling huge too. Huge. Totally hit that point where I’m panting and waddling and getting tons of painful low stretching and cramps when I walk.

My results are back: no choleostasis! SO relieved.

Kholl, great news, now start slathering on the moisturiser!

Brilliant news Kholl.

Yeah I feel like that too; I know I'll be fine but starting to wonder how I'm going to carry on for another 2 months. I had to have a nap after tea tonight.

Ladies - any ideas on this weird 'symptom' - so this morning, I got what felt like an enormous stitch on the whole of the right side of my bump. So painful I could not walk, in fact I couldn't even stand. It wore off after about 15 minutes. I don't think its Braxton Hicks, I have loads of them, they're annoying and uncomfy but not painful. This is not something I felt in my previous pregnancy.

Worth asking my midwife about? Or just another pregnancy ache and pain?!

Ugh Gemsy I'm getting those OFTEN now! Bad round ligament pain, absolutely. I can't even stand up straight for several minutes. It's miserable!

Oh and I didn't feel them with previous pregnancies, but now that I'm on baby 4 and absolutely enormous I get them often. It is seriously intense!

Hi all

How’s everyone doing?

I am also starting to feel huge now. Tried to post a pic showing 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks (last week) but I couldn’t. The difference is terrifying but explains why I am suddenly so massively uncomfortable.

How’s the itching going? Have you found out what’s causing it? Is it settling down?

I’ve started with a really sharp pain in my back. Feels like it might be a trapped nerve. Got tomorrow off though so going to chill out, get a bath and try and let it calm down a little. xx

I don't seem to have suffered Braxton Hicks yet, but keeping an eye out for them

Glad to hear that the itching wasn't anything serious Kholl, have you tried Calamine lotion for itchy skin?

I feel so uncomfortable at the moment my back is killing me and I can't get comfy at night, plus I leak over the sheets

8 or so weeks now and I can't believe it's nearly here, am starting to get a bit nervous now

Here's my bump pic from today at 32 weeks

IMG_20181213_164408.jpg

I have braxton hicks all the time, they are driving me mad. Especially when I’m walking around Meadowhall!!

It is so scary that it’s onky 8 weeks, it feels it has flown. I’m so ready for her to be here now.

Started my bag this week. Just can’t figure out what to get for her coming home/first outfit. xx

I'm sure we've had this conversation before pennypie but I'm quite close to Meadowhall as well. Amazing what a small world it is, there's only a couple of us in this group really you'd think we'd be all over.

My bump has been growing loads lately and it's making it itch.

I'm just so tired as well - I have 5 working weeks (7 weeks in total) until my maternity starts but I'm finding work emotionally and physically draining at the moment. If it carries on I might have to start my maternity earlier.

Ha, we may have done but it is a very small world isn’t it! I wonder how many times we’ve walked past each other!

I am knackered all the time. My cover started this week so I’ve been training her, it’s so scary trying to explain to her what I do every day, I barely know myself at the minute. I have 6 weeks left today at work, it is definitely becoming a struggle now! Had it easy up til this point.

I noticed my bump is quite itchy at the mo, guessing it’s the stretching - eurgh!! xx

I have been taking a LOT of liquid iron and a vitamin d/k2 blend and my energy has been fantastic this time around - a LOT better than my other pregnancies, and I have 3 little ones to look after 24/7. There may be other factors but I think that's really helping!

We are loading up the kids and driving down to CA starting today - we'll stay in a hotel tonight and take 2 days so it should go ok, fingers crossed. My toddler has RSV and it's been miserable but she's on the upswing now.

Hello everyone,

I've not been on here as I couldn't get in with privacy settings! I need to catch up on reading.

My update is, I have restless leg syndrome so bad I am not sleeping for hours. I also ended up being monitored in hospital on Fri morn as id had regular tightenings and backache all night long, and for next day or so, at 32 weeks. They did the pre-term swab test and said it was probably just uterus preparing or irritated! I'm much better now, but I'm taking it easier as it's hard work moving around.

I've been shopping though today. Bought a gorgeous red cotton nightie with black lace trim for the birth! So pretty. Thought this time I want to look nice, and why not?! My hubby said 'Have you been to Ann Summers?' lol.
Also got tiny sleepsuits (I've had last 2 babies at 37wks and 5lbers, so clothes were massive on them!)
I bought some nursing bras from M and S but the cups are too big at moment, and I'm not sure what to do! Any advice on this would be fab. Will boobs grow an extra cup size....I really can't remember?

Xxx

Puglover in my experience YES your boobs will grow at least a cup size! I am so sorry about the RLS, I've never had it but it sounds absolutely miserable. Which baby is this for you? I have lots of down-low cramping this time around, definitely more than with previous babies. This is baby 4 for me. I'm also bigger than I have been in the past...

I love the sound of that nightie! I always take off all my clothes during labor haha, can't tolerate wearing a thing, so that's out the window!

I can't believe it's christmas already and we are getting so close.

Puglover in my experience YES your boobs will grow at least a cup size! I am so sorry about the RLS, I've never had it but it sounds absolutely miserable. Which baby is this for you? I have lots of down-low cramping this time around, definitely more than with previous babies. This is baby 4 for me. I'm also bigger than I have been in the past...

I love the sound of that nightie! I always take off all my clothes during labor haha, can't tolerate wearing a thing, so that's out the window!

I can't believe it's christmas already and we are getting so close.

This is baby 3 for me Kholl!

Funny you say about no clothes, I remember whipping off mine when I was hot in labour last time, and the midwife was like.......Ok then ! Haha.

I've got no idea what I'll be like in labour this time, last time I was a clothes whipper too. I'm hoping I don't have a similar experience to last time though as it was all pretty awful.

Had my health visitor round today, she was lovely it was great to meet her and we talked through a few things which she's helped put my mind at rest about. My dog went for her though :( I don't know what got into him, she'd said she was okay with dogs and didn't mind him coming in even if he jumped on her. So I let him in, he jumped on her and then after having a sniff started growling and going for her hands. He didn't bite her (or if he did she hid it really well) which if he had wanted to he would have as he was literally on her knee when it happened. She was really good about it, but I feel awful and it's worrying me about how he's going to react when we have more people coming over with the baby. Only thing I can think is that he was being more protective because I was in the house on my own and he hasn't seen her before, either that or there was just something he didn't like about her smell. She didn't smoke so can't have been that but maybe her perfume. All very odd though :(

I've got my scan tomorrow to check my placenta position, looking forward to possibly having an answer about that. But we'll see as it may just come down to me needing another scan in the new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back