****February 2019 Mamas****

Hey ladies, hope you're all well.

Puglover, Poland sounds lovely! Wish it was that cold here in the UK, it's still so humid for this time of the year!

Donnna88, do you get a long week off for Christmas?
It's not long for us now, once Christmas has been abs gone, we'll be ready to give birth! :rofl:

I had my baby shower yesterday, so today I'm in the bedroom organising all the stuff we got and writing up a final list of what we need to buy for the sprog.
I'm starting to think we have too many nappies though, I asked for the next size up for the shower but still got loads of newborn ones and I had already bought some on the cheap.
Can you ever have too many nappies for a newborn? I mean any we don't use, we'll give away but still lol.

I get two weeks off for Christmas :) Can't wait.

My husband decided my baby shower should be in Jan so he's booked it for the 26th; I'm a bit concerned about how close it is to baby being due haha but we should be okay. I have my brothers wedding the following week so more concerned about that to be honest. Hoping she stays put until after then and then she can appear whenever she feels like it :)

That's a shame that people still bought new born. You never know how many you'll need though - you can always make nappy cakes as presents for people with any spare that you have

Not long to wait then until you get your time off! :)

I was sat down for most of my baby shower yesterday and now I'm feeling so sore and achy, might have a hot bubble bath later to ease my aching muscles :rofl:
Hope you have a lovely time with yours, hopefully your little one won't make an early appearance!

For those who aren't FTM, I've started packing my hospital bag for the baby, what I have so far is as follows:
2 vests - PACKED
2 sleepsuits - PACKED
Baby blanket
Hat - PACKED
Nappies x2 packs (different sizes) - PACKED
Nappy bags?
Muslins x2 - PACKED
Baby wipes
Socks x2 - PACKED
One full outfit for trip home

Is there anything else that you girls think I might need? I know I've still got lots of time to get this done but I'm impatient and would rather have everything packed and ready to go.

I haven't properly started thinking about mine as thinking it's something I could do to keep myself occupied in January - but I kind of feel I should be more prepared just in case!

At my antenatal class they did suggest you pack a second bag with more of the same in, just in case you end up staying in hospital longer than expected and your partner can just grab the bag then rather than having to pack things for you and baby while rushing about and worrying. Have you thought about what you need for yourself as well? Spare clothes, socks, nighty, maternity pads and big knickers etc.

Are you planning on breast feeding or bottle feeding?

I feel so unprepared this time round thinking about what I need to pack and I don't know why, I was way more confident last time. I don't think it helps that when I went up to the labour ward last time one of the midwives made a comment about me having too much stuff, I don't think they were happy with me anyway as when I went up I was joined by my Auntie, Uncle and Grandma... but it wasn't planned - I'd been on the ward for 2 days and they turned up to see me with some things to keep me going literally as they came to tell me I would be going up to the labour ward - so my family said they'd go up and get me settled while my son's dad got there as he wasn't at the hospital at that time. I can see why I would have annoyed the midwives with all that but it really was coincidental.

I have got a separate list for my own bag of stuff such as clothing, pads etc, and a list of essentials such as my maternity notes, my medication etc, but that stuff I'll pack in January.

I plan on breastfeeding yes, so need to find out if I need anything specific for that, but so far I have a nursing top and will be buying a couple of nursing bras in a few weeks.

That sounds frustrating but seemed it couldn't be helped at the time.
I plan on having a couple of friends with a spare house key so we can ask them to man our house, feed our cats and grab extra stuff should we need it during our stay. I'm always one to pack light but we're only 5 minutes away from the hospital so my husband can always pop home if he needs to.

Well first day back, and hoping to settle for a cosy Christmas, and I've just found out we have to move from our rented home. I am so unhappy, as now we have to either move right before or after the baby. Everything has changed now, and I'm not sure what is best to do. Looks like I'll be packing the house this Christmas instead. :-(

Damn, that sucks! How come you're having to move?
I find moving stressful enough without a sprog, have you got friends and family close by to help out with packing etc?

Oh no, that's horrible. Even without having a baby due in the mix having to be packing up over Christmas would be bad enough without worrying about moving as you have a baby due. Sorry that's happening.

Have you had a look at what else is available so you can have a better choice of houses rather than just getting whatever you can when the time comes. Maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise and you'll end up finding an amazing house that you wouldn't have thought of moving to if you'd not been given this push.

My chest, maybe my diaphragm really hurts and has been doing for a day or two now. It feels like heartburn but further down (I always get heartburn in my throat) but it isn't as gaviscon isn't touching it :( it's so uncomfortable.

What a nightmare! Hope you get it sorted.

Is anyone having a baby shower? Mine is 5 jan. xx

Damn, that sucks! How come you're having to move?
I find moving stressful enough without a sprog, have you got friends and family close by to help out with packing etc?

Our landlord has told us they need the house back, though they know we are due the baby. We have no family here but will manage yet another life challenge!

I've decided we need to move asap after Christmas so I can nest and settle before hopefully. That's if we find somewhere.

Oh no, that's horrible. Even without having a baby due in the mix having to be packing up over Christmas would be bad enough without worrying about moving as you have a baby due. Sorry that's happening.

Have you had a look at what else is available so you can have a better choice of houses rather than just getting whatever you can when the time comes. Maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise and you'll end up finding an amazing house that you wouldn't have thought of moving to if you'd not been given this push.

My chest, maybe my diaphragm really hurts and has been doing for a day or two now. It feels like heartburn but further down (I always get heartburn in my throat) but it isn't as gaviscon isn't touching it :( it's so uncomfortable.

Thanks Donna, yes I agree we might even be better off in a modern newer house this time, and have more space for the baby. It may well be a blessing. I'm more positive about it all today now I've got over the shock haha.

Heartburn is horrid , I've had that acid in the throat a lot recently. Not so much space under the ribs these days hey?!

Puglover, I really hope this turns into a positive change for you. It sounds like an awful shock, and the timing is so bad! But glad it happened before baby instead of after.

Penny I am not having a baby shower... I did for my first, and then my friend threw me one for my second, and then last time my neighbor threw me a baby shower and it was sweet but almost embarrassing cause I felt like I already had so much stuff and people didn't need to get me more! So definitely no shower this time, unless someone surprises me!

Donna, I get heartburn like that occasionally. It really is excruciating. Before I had kids, I couldn't believe people complained about heartburn, I was like, how could that be so bad? Then I got it, and it had me in tears! A teaspoon or 2 of baking soda in water helps a lot.

Phillipa, how's the SPD?

31+1 now, and I am still feeling really good, but also feeling some of the end-of-pregnancy discomforts that can get frustrating. Mostly I am SO out of breath all the time. Doing laundry gets me out of breath, walking up stairs is a nightmare, carrying my toddler is soooo difficult, pushing the stroller uphill, etc... all parts of my daily life! I also am getting tons of low cramping and round ligament pain when I walk fast to pick up my daughter at school, which is harmless but also annoying.

At my appt 2 days ago, baby was breech... the midwife was utterly unconcerned but now that's on my mind too. At my next appointment I'll be 35 weeks and she'll do a quick ultrasound to make sure baby is head down... if not, then I guess we start to get concerned! Trying not to worry until then.

I'll have my GBS test that day too, so loading up on probiotics and garlic and vitamin C to try to keep that away! It's a protocol my friend's midwife recommends to prevent GBS and apparently it is super effective... fingers crossed!

How is everyone feeling today?

Last edited:
Glad you're feeling more positive about it puglover. I can imagine it was quite a shock for you.

Kholl try not to worry too much; there's plenty of time for baby to move even after 35 weeks. I've known people actually go in for their c-section for a breach baby only to be scanned and find out they've moved and can have a natural birth after all.

My diaphragm hasn't been hurting today but my bump has been feeling very heavy and tight. I don't know if I've been having braxton hicks or not, I don't think it was them as it seemed more constant but I've never had them so wouldn't really know.

Got my last antenatal class tomorrow; I actually feel quite sad about it as really enjoyed them. Not looking forward to a full week at work next week with no appointments booked �� haven't had a week like that for ages. Although the week after I have my health visitor and scan; plus it's the last week before Christmas so I'm hanging onto those facts to keep me going.

Puglover I'm sure this will turn into a positive thing for you.

You ladies are all so organised! So far all I have done is get the car seat out of the garage and wash the cover! I don't know if it's because it's my second baby, or because it took me such a long time to get pregnant, I still don't quite believe it, but I have just not felt the urge to get anything ready. I will start in January I think, and get all the baby clothes out, and maybe a hospital bag (I'm barely going to take anything, as I used nothing last time! Lol)

I'm doing most stuff in January too to be fair; I'm hoping it will give me some focus so that January doesn't drag as December is busy with other things.
I can't wait to start washing clothes and things for baby.

I slept awfully last night; woke up freezing and it took me ages to realise I had no covers on me. Need to hurry up and jump in the shower now as I need to go into my son's school before my antenatal class to update his health care plan.

Donna, I am putting off most stuff until January, too. It's hard to get my mind around anything but Christmas and how soon that is and how much I need to do for that alone! We are driving down to California to be with family in just one week anyway, so not much time to really do anything significant that's not Christmas-related between now and then, anyway.

It's nice that babies are coming after Christmas, as I usually have such a bummed-out low period after xmas but now January will be full of baby prep!

Yes I'm the same, I always try to fill January with nice things so I don't get the blues so I'm be great to be filling it with baby prep. Plus I'm still at work so I'll be busy with that.

One and a half weeks until I have my scan and find out where my placenta is. I wonder if I'll have answers to whether or not it'll be a c-section or natural birth. I'm hoping for natural as I'm really concerned about the surgery, hospital stay and recovery. Although it'd be nice knowing we'd meet her that first week in Feb and it would be easier to work around my son as well - I really don't want the six week recovery time. I want to be making the most of baby groups this time around and can't get to them if I can't drive. My mum's partner will take me to them if I need her to, but it'd be nice to be more independent

I have no idea what has happened to this website, but it’s terrible now! Can’t find anything!

Also, apologies for posting about baby showers when you’d already discussed them, it hasn’t shown up on my thread for some reason!!

Hope all ok. I started with Braxton Hicks this week I think. Started my Christmas shopping too - wonder if the two are related...?!?

Today we are off to Birmingham for the day, hoping my back holds out as it seems well and truly screwed.

Kholl - enjoy your drive down to California. We did San Fran down to Santa Barbara (then Death Valley to Vegas) last year for our honeymoon. The coast is just amazing!! I’m jealous I won’t be doing that again for a long time!! xx

You don't need to apologise Pennypie.

We all miss things, I forget what I've posted never mind what other people have. Baby showers are nice to talk about as well, it's something exciting and makes it all feel a lot more real.

I'm baking again today, haven't baked in ages and now I'm properly into it again - made shortbread and flapjack last weekend and my husband made caramel brownies. Yesterday he made some rocky road as we have some friends coming around today. I'm making a chocolate orange cake as me and my family are making our own afternoon tea tomorrow to have after going to a Christmas market. Not sure if I've already mentioned all this, so sorry if I'm repeating myself.

I'm not sure how I feel about the changes to the website yet - change is always hard to deal with I think. It's def not as good on mobile, but I've just logged in for the first time on the laptop and I think it might look a bit better now. I'm impressed I remembered my password to be honest, thought I might need to make a new profile.

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well.
I've not been about the last few days mainly due to the change on the site, I'm really not fond of it and have struggled to find posts.

I have been struggling so hard the last couple of weeks with fatigue, I can't sleep through the night due to my restless legs or having to pee every 40 minutes, so I'm not getting my REM sleep in. I have barely any energy or motivation to get up and do stuff either, I live on the sofa in my pj's at the moment.

Next weekend is busy with baby related stuff, as we have a 6 hour day for our 1 antenatal class, a maternity ward tour the day after and a check up with my GP. We also have our next growth scan on Tuesday afternoon, so looking forward to seeing our sprog again, gonna get the gender confirmed though, as they weren't sure at the 20 week scan.

SPD has gotten much worse for me in the last month, I think where he's moved position as well hasn't helped. Rolling over in bed is agony and I get sharp pains as I try to stand up, if I've been sitting for long periods.

Definitely feeling uncomfortable now, but my hubby has been amazing and so helpful. Can't believe we've only got 9 weeks, give or take!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back