****February 2019 Mamas****

I think it's nice that we have Christmas to enjoy and then baby afterwards. Winter is hibernation time too so it means we can snuggle in blankets, eat comfort food and sleep haha.

I'm not sure on Jan going slowly, it used to for me but we've got into the habit of just keeping busy. Obviously this year we'll be busy making sure stuffs sorted for little ones arrival so it could go either way. I'm working up until the end of Jan as well so again that could go either way; it'll either make time go quickly or it'll drag haha.

I'm at the midwives this morning and then have to go to the hospital for my anti-d, luckily I work next door to the hospital so I'll park up at work and then walk round. Busy afternoon at work once I'm back in. No rest for the wicked. I think the next few weeks possibly up until I go on maternity will be the same as it's that time of year where everyone is off ill.

I've had anti-d too Donna. Had routine one yesterday and another due tomorrow, as I had a little bleeding. It's not fun is it?!

Mine wasn't as bad as I remembered them being actually, but maybe it's because I built it up in my head as being horrible. She hurt me more taking my bloods today. Although one of the kids at school did knock my arm (the one where I'd had the anti-d) and that really hurt. It took me a while to realise why it had hurt so much actually because he really didn't knock me hard and I knew he hadn't, but then once I clicked it all made sense.

Oh, unlucky that you've had bleeding after your routine one. But they're there to make sure we're safe. Luckily I've not had any bleeding later on in my pregnancy, I need to go in for both the anti-d and to check my placenta if I do.

I think it's nice that we have Christmas to enjoy and then baby afterwards. Winter is hibernation time too so it means we can snuggle in blankets, eat comfort food and sleep haha.

That is quite nice and it'll be nice to still be wrapping up once baby is still here and then being able to go out on nice Spring walks when they're a few months old.

If we have another I want to go for September or October time (I know we can't plan it that much but we can try if we're lucky enough to fall pregnant straight away again) and I already know it's not as nice a time to be pregnant as I'll be heavy when it's really hot and then have the baby just as it's getting colder and I want to just lock myself in the house. But it will spread Birthdays nicely across the year :p

My appointments all went well anyway, like I say she hurt taking my bloods - but I have pathetic veins so it's often not a nice experience. She was a lovely lady though and apparently she is usually on the labour ward so I might see her again in a few months time, that'd be nice as it's always good to see a friendly face at that point isn't it haha.

Because I had that appointment just after seeing my community midwife she didn't have to do a lot of the checks, as my midwife had already done it. My bump is apparently measuring slightly small, but she said it's only just below the line and that you can't really tell at this point so they'll keep an eye on it as I progress. My next appointment isn't until January. Feels weird being told it's small as I feel huge. She asked where I thought baby was and where I'm feeling movements and she confirmed I was right in thinking she lays right across my belly. She started moving around loads after my bump was measured so we had to wait for her heartbeat to calm down a little, but again that was all fine.

Evening ladies, sorry been off the radar for a bit it seems. Complete lack of sleep due to chronic restless legs and heartburn so bad it wakes me up every night, every couple of hours :(

How is everyone doing at the moment? Who's prepping for Christmas yet?
I have managed to get and wrap my pressies for my hubby and my mother, mainly because I don't want to leave the house in December.

I have reached 29 weeks today and keep looking at my Ovia which says 11 weeks countdown, eek, it's now so so close! :shock:

I've got my baby shower happening next week and I'm not sure what to expect as my husband and mum were working together to organise it, so it could be interesting! :rofl:

Does anyone else here have anymore scans before their due date? I've got 2 more, one on the 11th December and again on the 8th of January. Got to have extra because I'm epileptic and apparently there's a small chance of having an underweight sprog.

Have really started to nest now but going slow because of the SPD which is still causing me pain, but hey ho, such is life!

We've started getting prepped for Christmas but nothing is wrapped yet. I have no idea what to get my husband; got him a few stocking fillers and everyone else is sorted other than the odd bits.

I've got another scan at 32 weeks for my placenta. Don't know if I'll have any more I suppose that all depends on how bump grows and how the placenta one goes as I think they'll want to check it again before deciding I'm having a c-section.

Hope your next scan shows improvement with your placenta.

My hubby has been bought lots of essential items, new boxers, socks, and a couple of nice fancy gifts.
I've never struggled so much wrapping presents before, I couldn't fit properly at the dining table, so ended up wrapping stuff on the floor but then couldn't breathe!! :rofl:

Oh no haha, I hadn't even thought of the possibility of struggling to wrap. If I do my husband will have to do most of it and I'll just do his.

I hope so too, but what will be will be - I'm not going to stress about having a c-section if it's what I need. I had such an awful birth with my son that almost ended in an emergency c-section, in fact they were saying I'd need one and I refused (looking back I don't know why they listened to me) I ended up losing a lot of blood. I didn't need a transfusion but they talked about me having one and kept me in for a while after to keep an eye on me. So although I'd rather have a natural birth if there is talk of a section I'd rather it was controlled and planned. I don't think I'll have a similar experience this time around as I was induced last time, I think if I need to be induced I'll worry a lot more - but I'll explain those worries to the midwives at the time - again fingers crossed it won't come to that. I don't know why (and it's probably wrong as I thought son was going to be late and I was induced 3 weeks early with him) but I'm pretty convinced that she's going to arrive early on in Feb (around the first to second week - I reckon between the 5th and the 11th) I know that's ridiculous to be so convinced on a time and I don't know why (I think it may be all the talk of a c-section as that'll be around the 6th if I do have one, but I'm not convinced it'll necessarily be a c-section, just that's when in my head she's going to be here. I'm going to be climbing the walls when she ends up being late

Donna - I had an October and a January baby too. I agree a nice time of year for pregnancy, but costly when their birthday parties then need to be indoors haha!

[/QUOTE]How is everyone doing at the moment? Who's prepping for Christmas yet?
I have managed to get and wrap my pressies for my hubby and my mother, mainly because I don't want to leave the house in December.

Does anyone else here have anymore scans before their due date? I've got 2 more, one on the 11th December and again on the 8th of January. Got to have extra because I'm epileptic and apparently there's a small chance of having an underweight sprog.[/QUOTE]

I will be getting into the festive spirit next week in Poland, then getting a real tree once we return with the kids.

I have a growth scan on Monday before I go away, so looking forward to that. I'm sure the baby has moved a lot as last night felt quite odd when she moved dramatically! I can feel feet or something higher up now. Think she is still head down though, but moved her legs up!

Hi all, I’ve not posted for a while! Everyone getting on ok?

I seem to have had a growth spurt, belly definitely popped now but she’s moving loads and keeps getting hiccups, which is cute.

Got 9 weeks left at work and then done, 11 weeks tomorrow til due date - it’s getting far too close for comfort now - but also seems ages away!!!
xx

Hi everyone! We had a wonderful thanksgiving yesterday, and I am so excited to dive in to Christmas now!

Penny, I have 10.5 weeks until my due date, it’s crazy right??

Puglover, have you s’en the doc yet about the lump? Your Poland trip sounds so fun!! Share pictures if you can!

Phillipa, can’t wait to hear about the baby shower!!

Donna, oh man I’m so sorry about your traumatic delivery! For what it’s worth my second birth was 10,000 times easier than my first. I hope the same is true for you!

I’m due first but I bet my baby will be one of the last to arrive. My babies love to hang out for ages!!

Here’s my 29+1 bump (from Wednesday)

Attachments

• C22348BE-D8F2-4FAB-B75E-017B0913F198.jpg
    C22348BE-D8F2-4FAB-B75E-017B0913F198.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 13
Fuck pregnancy emotions. I was fine in bed this morning having cuddles with my husband and now I feel like I'm on the brink of tears constantly.
Trying to distract myself with housework and nesting.

Hope you girls have a better day xx

I've been really stressed today as well; having issues with vodaphone but I know I've been way overreacting about it. Still can't help be really annoyed by it. I know it's hormones but doesn't make it any better

Hormones are a bitch, that's all I can say.
Nesting has beeb successful so far, but still got to sort out my hospital bag, birth plan etc. So gonna make a start on those lists today.

Pregnancy hormones are no freaking joke. I have been having EXTREMELY upsetting and vivid and LONG detailed dreams about my husband and various other women. All made-up-in-my-mind mystery women, and in all my dreams it's not this straightforward scenario where he's having an affair, it's just very detailed and nuanced storylines about exes coming back for him, or new women stealing his heart while I watch... it's been horrible. I wake up clingy and weepy every day! Today I was crying and saying how I am getting older and needier and my body is disintegrating with each kid and I look worse as I age, meanwhile he continues to grow more attractive with each passing year, and what if he falls for someone new...

Now this is literally THE most absurd thing for me to worry about. My husband is the single most loyal human being on the planet. I am not exaggerating. He could not be more dedicated to me or to our family. But it's all hormones! They are BRUTAL!!!

Oh man, I haven't even begun to think about a hospital bag or birth plan! I don't know how detailed to make my birth plan... I think this time I will mainly focus on how I want me and baby to be treated AFTER the actual birth, since that's when most of the annoyances (for me personally) have cropped up. Still, I feel pretty confident in my and Dh's ability to handle those things as they come... still, it's unpredictable and every birth and baby is different so I would like things in writing, just in case. I think I'll be focusing on hospital bag/birth plan stuff in January!

Ive had very similar dreams about my husband; and I feel exactly the same way about him too. It's horrible isn't it.

I've kind of got birth plans and me and husband have discussed them but I don't have anything written down. I don't know if I will write them down or just make sure we tell them what our plans are. Still not sure whether we're looking at c-section or natural birth yet anyway but have an idea of how I'd like either to go

I'm not convinced about a birth plan, I think everything goes out of the window in labour. And I don't know if staff read them or remember when seeing to different women. I'm actually planning a homebirth this time, if I feel confident enough!

Still struggling on the names. Has anybody chosen theirs?

No names here! We talk casually about it but I think we will wait to meet this baby before we name him/her. Especially cause for the first time we really feel like we have no idea whether it’s a boy or a girl! I felt girl at first but now I am evenly split in my mind.

We have a name but don't think I'm going to share it just yet; some people know but not others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back