FAO ANYONE who has ever had a bank charge

Has anyone done this with the Halifax yet ive had my account since i was 16 lol and i've had a hell of a lot of charges £39 a time this could be exciting if they give me back the money especially with riley on the way lol

Becks_again said:
Has anyone done this with the Halifax yet ive had my account since i was 16 lol and i've had a hell of a lot of charges £39 a time this could be exciting if they give me back the money especially with riley on the way lol

on another forum we use i know of a few people who have got money back off them

i will be doing this tomorrow i got £30 charge to my accout 3 TIMES!!!£90 fucking arseholes! i had a right rant at them i think i said
"you fucking twats take my money for millions in profit and what do you do with it? make stupid fucking adverts of people dancing around!"

sorry for my foul language but I am fuming :evil:

Well I sent my letter off first class recorded delivery on Friday and I've checked online and its still not been delivered :roll:

will be sending mine off as soon as i get paid. i have the woolwich and nationwide and is it true that we can claim back from credit cards.

I sent my Barclaycard letter today asking for my statements :twisted:

Already asked Barclays themselves for my bank statements, so I'll have 2 lots to go through.

thankyou. im writing the letter tomorrow!
the barstewards must owe me a freaking million!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

My letter still hasnt been delivered. Its been 4 working days now and I sent it first class :roll:

x-kirsty-x said:
My letter still hasnt been delivered. Its been 4 working days now and I sent it first class :roll:

ring royal mail and ask about it, they should have a signature by now

maybe the bank has received it and forwarded it to their head office

Sassyminx said:
x-kirsty-x said:

ring royal mail and ask about it, they should have a signature by now

maybe the bank has received it and forwarded it to their head office

I rang this morning and said I've checked online every day since I sent it and she just said sorry it hasnt been delivered yet :x

they are certainly not allowed to charge you the amount that they do - my fiance gets charged all the time- last month the bank charged him £90!!!!!! HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT???

anyhow - his mum found a website where you can get those letters from and last week he recieved a letter from the bank saying they would give him £540 - now, if it wasnt illegal for them to take it, they wouldnt offer him anything, it disgusts me how they get away with it!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well they must of got my letter cos I've got a reply in the post this morning.

It says they've reviewed the situation and wont be offering me a refund as the charges are in line with the terms and conditoons of my account.

Anyone know what the next step is? Im not letting them get away with this, its only £150 the tight ba**ards :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

x-kirsty-x said:
Well they must of got my letter cos I've got a reply in the post this morning.

It says they've reviewed the situation and wont be offering me a refund as the charges are in line with the terms and conditoons of my account.

Anyone know what the next step is? Im not letting them get away with this, its only £150 the tight ba**ards :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That'll be the standard letter that they send in reply......I got that first too :evil: :evil:

Now you need to start a claim:

go to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and you can do it all on there. Follwo the instructions to claim, it will cost you £30.00 (or more if your debt is larger - the charges are tiered depending on how much you are claiming) but you add this charge onto what you are claiming.

This is the wording I used on my claim form:

"The claimant has held a current account [enter 8 digit a/c # here] with the defendant since before [date you opened your account]. Between [date of first charge claimed] and [date of last charge claimed i.e. 12/12/2005] the defendant made various deductions from the account in respect of: ['unauthorised overdraft fees' or however the charge is described on your statement] (levied when the account debit balance exceeded the specific overdraft limit) and '[Failed Bill Payment Charges or however it is described on your statement]' (levied if a cheque or direct debit payment was returned unpaid because the specified overdraft limit had been exceeded). If the defendant is able to establish that the contract between the claimant and the defendant did contain terms purporting to entitle the defendant to levy these charges, the claimant will contend that they are unenforceable at common law, being penalty clauses rather than being liquidated damages clauses. The claimant claims from the defendant a sum equivalent to the total amount unlawfully debited to the claimants account during the above mentioned period, being [enter £amount] plus court costs"

This bit is the 'particulars of claim' you will need the banks registered address and remember - in the total claimed you must remember to claim back the court fee that you pay.

Best of Luck Kirsty :hug: :hug: :hug:

EDIT: Sorry....I put the insert bits in using < >'s and it cut out all but the first word between :wall: so have changed them for [ ]'s.....that should work :pray:

Thank you so much Emmylou, I'll get started with that straight away :hug:

How likely is it that they'll still refuse to pay though? :?

yeah you will get it dont worry! its illegal and so if you keep on at them and pressure them they will give in as they know they are in the wrong - keep trying chick!! :hug:

Dear Miss T*****y,

Thank you for your message.

I can order copies of all statements since you opened the FlexAccount on the 28th May 2004. Please note there is a charge of £5.00 per statement. Once I have your reply, and acceptance of this charge, I will order copies of the FlexAccount statement for you.

:shock: :shock: Taking the piss or what???!!

Jayceesmumma said:
Dear Miss T*****y,

Thank you for your message.

I can order copies of all statements since you opened the FlexAccount on the 28th May 2004. Please note there is a charge of £5.00 per statement. Once I have your reply, and acceptance of this charge, I will order copies of the FlexAccount statement for you.

:shock: :shock: Taking the p*ss or what???!!

now send them a letter back saying you enclose the statutory amount of £10 for multiple statements, theyre not allowed to charge you anymore than this

I have to say.....I think this thread is ACE!!! Well started Sassyminx!!

Kirsty: They won't refuse, I got a cheque for my claim & court costs within weeks of starting the claim with the court. (£282) My DF got a refusal saying they were gonna fight him in court (but he was claiming thousands)....then they paid him his full claim amount just days before the court date!!!

Well I filed a claim yesterday and it was issued today, altogether including court costs they owe me £205.

Now I just have to wait to hear from them. Thanks to everyone who has given advice on this subject, you've helped so many of us :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back