Sooooo peed off, grrrr

frangelle

Reaction score
Yesterday the bank has taken loads in bank charges from mine and my OH account, leaving us about £150 overdrawn which they will then charge us for again next month :roll: And it also left us with no money on LO's birthday :x My Oh went over by 23p and they are charging him SIXTY POUNDS- how does that work? :evil:

I know there's a thread on this but theres so many pages I'm too lazy to go through it all, but is it too late to claim back the bank charges?

I bl**dy hate Lloyds :(

we did that years ago and kicked off becuase it was a few pence. threatened to leave and they removed the charges for us.

but this was years ago, before people relised you could claim charges back... :think:

my bank still charges me £30 for being overdrawn :oops:
But they won't charge me if its not over £5. they shouldn't make you overdrawn for 23P thats stupid!!!!!
:twisted: Banks!!!!!!

GTrr llyods do take the piss, I threatended to call watchdog over them about the charges they gave me for a few soddin pence as well.
They soon refunded me and there alwsy nice when i go in now! they must have a note on the account on me!

I feel the same about HSBC - I seemed to be charged £8 for being 11p overdrawn when I was trying to close the account down. I hadn't used the account for ages either so the interest had just built up...but still...they've lost another customer.

I went 40p over on mine and got charged £35! :x :x :x

Best of it is, I was only 16 at the time and didnt know that they cant charge you as i dont evan HAVE an od. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I WAS NOT HAPPY :evil:

I hate banks. Ours charged us hundreds of £££ for being overdrawn and then we claimed the charges back (they gave us about 90% back) and now there sending all sort of junk mail to us about loans and credit cards and schemes! :x Arseholes!

I always phone them in my sweetest voice and ask for the charge to be reomved as £60 isnt fair for going 23 pence over. they have always removed it (i think it depends on how often it happens) :D :D

They can waiver one charge for you by request every 12 months but if its more than one charge they've taken at the same time I dont think they will.

Its shocking, they did this to OH once and left him with no money for the rest of the month :x

jenna said:
I hate banks. Ours charged us hundreds of £££ for being overdrawn and then we claimed the charges back (they gave us about 90% back) and now there sending all sort of junk mail to us about loans and credit cards and schemes! :x Arseholes!

So banks haven't found a loophole to get out of it then? You can still claim bank charges back?

Were you with lloyds?

im with HSBC and i did it a few months ago, they didnt make a fuss they just gave it back and said dont bother trying to get the rest because we'll take you to court and win everything back. haha :rotfl:

jenna said:
im with HSBC and i did it a few months ago, they didnt make a fuss they just gave it back and said dont bother trying to get the rest because we'll take you to court and win everything back. haha :rotfl:

Perhaps its worth a try then!!!! How do I go about it? :think:

I am getting the OH to print me off a letter at work today!!! So fingers crossed!!!

Hunny all you have to do is a nice phone call to LLoyds and say how discusted you are, and that u are sorry , i dont happen often and u want them refuned, if who ever says no, ask to speak to a manager .

I always do it and it works

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

mum2be? said:
Hunny all you have to do is a nice phone call to LLoyds and say how discusted you are, and that u are sorry , i dont happen often and u want them refuned, if who ever says no, ask to speak to a manager .

I always do it and it works

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Dale a jumped up little tw*t told me last time I asked to speak to the manager regarding another matter that Mr Mclusky would not speak to me :shock: and argued with me for about half an hour, and still wouldnt let me talk to the manager.

cheeky question but how often do u go overdrawn? If its less than once a year, any bank will pretty happily wipe the charges as an accident. If its more often, they wont because they think u dont really deserve it as u let it happen so often. I had an accident last month where i went overdrawn and had 150 in charges for a few things coming out, they wiped it for me as it was a missunderstanding about a payment going in.

LilMissEmmylou said:
cheeky question but how often do u go overdrawn? If its less than once a year, any bank will pretty happily wipe the charges as an accident. If its more often, they wont because they think u dont really deserve it as u let it happen so often. I had an accident last month where i went overdrawn and had 150 in charges for a few things coming out, they wiped it for me as it was a missunderstanding about a payment going in.
The only time we go overdrawn is when they take out their bl**dy bank charges and it has a knock on effect :x

frangelle said:
The only time we go overdrawn is when they take out their bl**dy bank charges and it has a knock on effect :x

Brads terrible with his money as he gets paid in cash and he was with Lloyds TSB. He never put enough in to cover his direct debits and was forever being charged!! He failed to mention this to me for ages so when I found out I called tham and gave them holy hell, they gave me an address to write to (sorry Fran I dont have it any more but they should give it you if you ask) and so I did and we had about 6 months of charges reimbursed to the account! I still made him close the account and have all his DD's set to come out of my account, now I just ask him for the money and put it in myself, it's easier that way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back