FAO ANYONE who has ever had a bank charge

Oooh Urchin...thats brilliant!!! I think I will bookmark that page for when Lloyds TSB start faffing with this claim!

Thanks :hug: I never new about that, thats why I left it........great find! That could add a fair whack of money on the claim too......I just put in £35 as an example, from 12/03/2004 & thats £8.44 interest! I also thought the interest would be piddly amounts and not worth the effort...that program proves that thought wrong.

Urchin....you are a star!!! :cheer:

I didn't....just told DH as he is finding his bank charges from his old bank account soon too, so you've made his day as well :D

ooo yey!

il do the same with my credit cards as well then!

cheers ladies!

Wow, that program looks great, thanks!!! I think I will claim for the interest, I need all the cash I can get really, and if I'm entitled to it, I don't see why I shouldn't have it!! Oooooh! I hate banks!!

Hi all,

I have eventually got my bank statements through! 41 days later when i gave them 40, but never mind!

Anyway i have calculated they owe me £1275 plus interest making it a total of about £1480!

I have written a letter i will post today giving them 14 days to pay it back. What do you reckon my chances are?

Thanks
Laura
xx

just sent off for my statements!

recon it will be in the thousands when i total it all up!

my hubby has just done this for us with first direct. we sent the letter with a cheque for £10 ,they sent cheque back and then said they would send statements for free. sent second letter and got offered £585 not far off all we asked for so have excepted this all only took about a month :cheer: sent letter off on Fri so money should be in the bank 10 days after than

:cheer: my dad sorted this out for me, we have been offered £1260 but its so much less so we are now currently waiting on a new offer.. lets hope we get more cos we have paid ridiculos charges over 6 years.. will keep you posted..

I think its great how no one has had to go to court yet lol..

Danny got his £570 back two weeks ago what the bank owed him!! :cheer:

if only they owed me money - i could have a right good shop at Meadowhall :lol:

Im still waiting for my statements back.... how long this normally take?
Im with Natwest.

happy_chick they genaerally take up to 10 working days, how longt have you been waiting so far!

Also im still waiting on a second chance offer from the bank, yay my dads been really good and said what they offered isnt suffiecient enough bless him so hes asked for more, its only cos im to my eye balls in debt i need this money!

Its been around 2 weeks but the £10 cheque sent hasnt cleared so im not sure whats goin on.... we shall see!

Happy Chick...

I was told that my bank had 40 days to send all my statements.

Which to be fair when they arrived in 4 massive A4 envelopes packed full i can kind of understand why it would take a while. As for the cheque, my bank sent mine back saying they perform the service free of charge.

I am with barclays btw

Lau
x

iv got my £650 back but the bank have charged me £40 for some reason and have put a note on the letter saying "if you have problems staying out of your overdraft then feel free to contact us" WE ARNT IN OUR OVERDRAFT ANY MORE!

:rotfl: Ah well we'll be claiming that back next month!!!

jenna said:
iv got my £650 back but the bank have charged me £40 for some reason and have put a note on the letter saying "if you have problems staying out of your overdraft then feel free to contact us" WE ARNT IN OUR OVERDRAFT ANY MORE!

:rotfl: Ah well we'll be claiming that back next month!!!

I wouldn't claim back too often as your bank is more likely to close your account

i have just been told that there is a new ruling and if the bank closes your account they have to pay you £200 in compensation.

I have just had a reply from barclays.

I had written saying they owe me around £1200 + £200 interest and they had 14 days to respond. So in the letter they said sorry you feel you've had to complain, blah blah, they will look into it and respond by the 24th april.

Do i wait till then or reply to them saying if they don't settle i'll take them to court?

Thanks
Laura
xx

Ive just sent my claim in, Ive opened a parachute account so if they close my account I dont care. They've recently sent me a customer satisfaction survey hmmm now where do I start???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back