• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

false alarm--- i hope!

jocymum

Reaction score
I've been having strong period type pains all afternoon, not completely regular but about every half hour. I rung the hospital because i wasn't getting anywhere with my midwife and they've said to monitor it, have a warm bath and rest.
I'm not leaking fluid or had a show but I must admit i'm worried...it's too soon :shock:
I'm on my own which doesn't help so if it gets worse I don't know what i'll do (OH is away for work in bl88dy oxfordshire- typical :roll: )
Please tell me i'm panicing for nothing :)

Aww hunny I wouldnt worry to much, will just make it all feel worse.

I think its proberly strong braxton hicks and going in the bath should make them subside or stop.

If not and they become stronger and closer together, every 4-5mins apart thats when you should be worried.

Put you feet up and watch some telly :hug:

Awwwwwwww, hopefully they're just Braxton Hicks as Tasha says. Put your feet up and let us know how you get on :hug:

:hug: hope you feel better son, I've been having these and I've been told to rest and it could possibly be due to a urine infection :hug:

Thanks, The pains are still the same, no worse but regular- about 25mins apart. I hope it's just BH, I've had them but they weren't painful like these are ?
I'll just have to rest and wait and see- should i be ok to take a paracetamol, it is pretty painful ??

yeah paracetamol should be fine hun
hope the pains go soon hun!!!

yes how are you today? have your pains stopped yet?

I'm getting the same hunny and its not braxtons. Really dont know what it is but baby's moving fine, heartbeat is fine so not overly concerned at this stage.

Well the pains went off about 6am this morning so i caught up on some sleep most of the day!
Haven't had many pains at all today, so fingers crossed it's just one of those things, his h/beat seems ok on doppler and he's as wiggly as ever.... at least it made me finally pack my maternity and baby bags :wink: Thanks guys :hug:
Ps Have you seen the post from Feee in miscarriage section ? so sad :cry:

Hun it does sound like BH, i had them alot of the time painful, from 30 weeks onwards, they were so strong, they hooked me up to the contraction monitor and said i could be in early labour :shock: that scared me lol! But i wasnt in labour thankfully and had her at 39+2. Everyday i had bad tightenings and pains, its very scary when you dont know what it is :hug: :hug:

thanks joanne- could well be BH, I just haven't had em so painful til now maybe :roll: If i get it again I won't panic so much-it's a learning curve :wink:

:hug: :hug: Its definitly scary when youve had them before without pain, then suddenly they hurt! Definitely a learning curve, basically getting to know your body early as its the only thing that will get u thru labour! I dont know if that sounds weird, but basically your body knows what its doing thru labour, you have to be in tune with it and trust it.
I hope they dont get too painful for u hun :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back