Dizziness??

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
Ok, I've never felt faint or fainted so I'm not sure what's going on with me - hoping others are getting it and it's pregnancy related!
Basically, I was standing chatting to someone the other day and all of a sudden my vision went really funny and all I could see was yellow and blue spots, so I went to go and sit down but my legs were just like jelly! Once I'd sat for a bit I was ok but it was really scary!

I don't know if I have low blood pressure, but does pregnancy affect your blood flow anyway? Even this early on??
I don't like it :( lol

i would talk to your doctor and have your blood pressure checked and a full blood count done, I too had a similar experience the other week and I was diagnosed as being anaemic before i got pregnant, apparently your blood volume increases when you are pregnant and this can cause problems with blood pressure and iron counts. My worst symptom atm is that i am constantly tired and this has been put down a combination of a lower bp, low iron count and being pregnant, the doctor also reckons that my dizzy spells were caused by the same things.

I wouldn't worry about it too much but get checked by the doctor anyway, they can put your mind at rest and treat any deficiency that you may have.

hope this helps xx

Most definitely hun, so much blood is flowing to the uterus right now which can temporarily limit blood flow to the arteries to the legs. Which in turn Can make you dizzy by lowering your blood pressuren:)

Ooh yeah I was diagnosed as being 'close to but not quite' anaemic several months ago so maybe that's part of it now pregnancy is involved! Although my pregnacare has 121% of my rda of iron it in so I guess that's all I can take?

Pregnacare should have everything you need in it including iron. Low blood pressure is really common in the first two tri's - maybe you could ask your GP to check it if you're worried to check it's not too low xx

Dizziness was my first symptom of pregnancy, and lasted most of Tri 1. All my checks came back fine with bloods and BP but definately worth getting everything checked just in case there is something else making it worse! Good Luck!

I suffer with dizziness, although i have always had low blood pressure and had fainting spells, coke and a few other things help raise it, i cant remember off the top of my head which other things tho lol

I always have perfect blood pressure and I'm not anaemic but I do get this quite often x had it whilst sat down the other day and I have to get up slowly from bed or chairs otherwise I tend to faint x I also have to drink loads x I'm going to speak to my mw tomoz about it just to check but I remember being like this with DD too!

I have been very light headed and my legs feel really weak all the time just now I walk to and from my work and it only takes me about 10 mins but lately I have been getting the bus cause Im worried I pass out, I went to the doctors my blood pressure is fine and so I my bloods but I was dehydrated so its worth getting it checked out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back