fainted in public this morning...

ceris

Reaction score
waiting in a long queue at the coffee shop with my husband this morning and felt really faint, so i leaned on the door frame and the next minute, i am in a chair!
My husband caught me so i didnt hit the deck, but i dont remember a thing! so scary!
I have been feeling really dizzy when lying down through the last week, and when i sit up, but never when i am standing up, and i have never fainted before!
Its a good job tony was there to catch me, or the whole queue would have gone down like dominoes!!

went to the doctors, and she was lovely. she said me blood pressure is really really low (which it has been since my first mid wife app) and she said that combined with an inner ear thing that pregnant women get = dizzy spells and sometimes fainting!

drink 2 litres of water a day and rest.
Not to teach this evening, and if i have to go, make sure there is another adult there to lie me down and put my legs in the air if i go again!!

i am not hurt, just very embarrassed and now a little worried!! but she put the doppler on, and the heartbeat was really strong and the baby kicked it away which made us all laugh!!

xxx

:hug: glad you're ok. Good job hubby was there :) xx

Aww poor you :( in my first pregnancy my bp would go really low too, and ive had to dash outta shops and sit down with my head between my legs in the shopping centre plently of times. The doctor is right all you can do is rest and keep hydrated. Dont feel embrassed as im sure everyone was just worried about you. Thank god your OH was there to catch you xxxx

hope your okay that must have been awful xxx

Hope you feel better now and have got over the shock. It's a scary thing, I fainted twice at work in early pregnancy, I know how stupid and embarrassed it makes you feel, although everybody is really lovely and just trying their best to help. Good thing your OH was with you! I wouldn't worry about baby, as far as I know they are not affected by these things at all; just make sure next time you get the warning signs you sit down with your head between your knees, or even better lie down if possible, and have some cold water, and then it should hopefully pass. Take care of yourself!

Oh bless ya hope you're feeling better now. I totally sympathise, I've had low BP all my life so have had problems in the past with fainting and it's got even lower since being pregnant :-( Best tip I have is to make sure you carry snacks around with you to keep your blood sugar up, plenty of water like the doc said and lying down with your feet higher than your head helps (obviously though this is not one you can easily do when out in public!) x x

Hope you're feeling better now hun. xxx

Oh poor you, how horrible! I've low BP too, I just sit down as soon as I get the warning signals and have a drink like the other girls have said. I snack regularly too to keep my blood sugar levels steady, must admit I was worse in tri 1 but expecting it to return in tri 3!

Blimey! Glad u r ok and hope it doesn't happen again for you. Take it easy x

hope u feel better soon!! and its nothing to be embarrised about!! :hugs: xxxxxx

Awwww hunnie. I fainted years ago in my performing arts school.
I felt really sick in the singing class so wanted to go to the toilet (which meant I had to walk through the dance class). I ended up blacking out, walking sideways and falling into the table. The teachers pulled me away and took me into the back room and I still couldn't see anything. I re-gained my sight after a few minutes of sitting down.
It was embarrassing because people didn't know what I was doing and I'd probably laugh as well if I saw a girl walk sideways into a table.

Definitely drink lot's of liquids! Hope you feel better soon xxx

Last edited:
U poor thing! Lots of rest and keep getting those fluids into u xx

I've had a few fainting spells too, its really quite scary isn't it. The first time I was at home, the second time I was on a work trip in the customs queue at Brazil airport, had to get a wheelchair and a doctor (who didn't speak english) and then the last time I knew it was going to happen so sat down where I was (luckily in the garden at home). Apparently my BP fine, just my hormones?! I try to have water with me now wherever I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back