failed ivf/iui support

gemmainthesun

Reaction score
Just thought we could have a thread for us ladies who have had a failed cycle, I know there is quite a few of us. Just somewhere for us to rant and rave, discuss future plans and whether we can do anything differently and generally offer support to each other. How's everyone getting on?

We've just had a 2nd failed ICSI cycle and thinking where we go from here, thinking of doing NK cell testing and doing an endometrial scratch and embryo glue for our FET is our 1 embryo survives, if not I think it may be another IUI before trying IVF a 3rd time.

How long till you start your fet now?

I was really quite low after my failed cycle. Took a while to get back to normal. My blood test was 11th April and my follow up appointment us not till 17th June!! I bleeding hate the NHS for their long waiting times. In mean time I've been reconnecting with old friends, enjoying my OH and having the odd glass of vino. We've booked a holiday - going to LA and San Francisco on 19th June. I'm in 2 minds I want to do it again but I'm really not sure I can cope if it fails. OH not interested in fostering or adoption at all which is a bummer as Id like to try adoption.

So sorry for your 2nd failed one Tinkerbell, gotta be so hard. Have they suggested why it hasnt worked or are they confident its not if just when? And Moley I totally get how you feel, its knocked me abit aswell, at times ive really doubted whether its going towork atall, but if everyone gave up after their 1st time imaine how many millions of babies wouldnt be born today. Alot of people I know who have had IVF its happened on their 2nd and 3rd times so I think you should carry on, especially if your husband doesnt want to adopt because if you dont keep trying I think you will regret it in time.

Im at the hossie on the 12th July and then I will be on cetrotidde injections for 1 week from my next period after that date, and the estrogeon and progesterone too. I think they put the frozen ones back around 2 weeks after; Its hard to judge when I will come on cos its been 29 days since my last one (when the ivf failed) and I havent had another yet, im nornally every 25/26 days but I know it can be really messed up after IVF.

We go on our hols to the north of Tenerife, puerto del a cruz 1 week on wed and I cant wait just to relax and have a few drinks :)
Much love to you both xxx

Good thread idea Hun.

I am still coming to terms with our 2nd failed IUI. I do forget about it sometimes then think that it's not real and we haven't been through it!

I've had a pretty rough month, had bleeding a few days after AF stopped and gushes of watery cm. My nails have all cracked and my hair has thinned :cry: I have been told that is from the hormone imbalance. That coupled with my step father in hospital, a stone falling out of my engagement ring and my oh's mum falling out with us, and friends of ours falling pregnant has just put me on a downer. BUT.....I'm just not giving a damn anymore, I just want me happy! Can't deal with everyone else.

We are going for our 3rd IUI July/August and if that fails I'm defo gonna need a councillor. I'm contemplating booking in with one now to try and get my head straight xxx

I think a counsellor can be a good idea. How is your OH dealing with things? Is it something u can speak about together? Have you got stuff to look forward to? I find sometimes trying hard to forget about it and have little plans and things to look forward to helps x

He is fine, he never speaks to me about it. Occasionally says how gutted he s and tha all he wants is for us to have a baby. He lets me talk, he is soonsupportive. He is my rock!!

We have camping booked for July. A year after he popped question and he is away in Belgium at end of the month and a night out this weekend. I've made up for not drinking sat month already too.....oooops! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back