• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

fabulous wedding dress means a longer wait

dyscochick

Reaction score
So i just found the dress I want to get married in, but of course its the least forgiving dress in the world! I was happy with the idea of a little bump at the wedding, but if I get this dress, a little bump just won't do it. For the sake of another month waiting its worth it. Last time I wasn't even close to showing, I know I mc'd but hopefully with enough sit ups between now and then I won't be showing til well after 14 weeks so I reckon with a june wedding we are now looking to start trying in feb/march. its only a month longer but it feels long enough away already. Yes we could have got married sooner but OH fancied a summer wedding. The dress is gorgeous, just have to be really good and not put on ANY weight between now and then!

Oh Hun, u will look amazing in ur dress. :) I think time really does seem to be going so fast at the mo, so hopefully feb will be around in no time! So people take ages to show a bump so hopefully u will be fine, plus u might not catch the egg first time. Although saying that if u are going to take the pill or something similar it could mess ur cycles up. Xx

ooo find a picture of something close to your dress online!!! I wanna see!!!!

not letting myself pick my dress until The Man comes home- feels like I'm tempting fate to do something nasty if I get all excited about reallyreallyreally being his. Just too paranoid I guesss.......
Doesn't mean I can't get excited for you though!!!

Think we'll be trying at the same time tooo!! Definately coining you my little TTC buddy when the times right hhahaah!!

XXXXXX

Hi Hun so happy you found the right dress. Must get a pic up. It's true what they say, when you find the right dress you just know. :) I love weddings. Feels like ages ago when I had mine. It was only in may. Lol.xx

Last edited:
This is the dress, I love it. its on the girl i'm buying it from next week hopefully. getting it secondhand off a website. I know it will go quickly, everyone is telling me that and actually in some ways i'm glad i'm being forced to wait. time to grieve for my LO. I'm not going to go on the pill, we'll just use condoms at OV time. don't want to mess my cycles up with the pill.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-09-03 at 17.33.58.png
    Screen shot 2011-09-03 at 17.33.58.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 33
oh hun thats my dress i think eeeek! im like you if i get pregnant im doomed i have been working my ass off to loose weight and will die if it dont fit me when you getting married? x

Attachments

• phase 8.png
    phase 8.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 23
God girls them dresses are gorgeous!! Think I've found something I kind of like but it's from an american company so i'll have to find something similar that I like too- it's officially the most unforgiving dress on the planet though - may have to re think my ideas loll!!

Trying to set a deadline with my maid of honour when she'll stop loosing weight then we can get her sorted ... think its a loosing battle though =[[ Hate how she doesn't see how stunning she is and I probs don't help - i like hoover up food and look like a stick .... =S

AHHHHHH I'm soooo damn excited for you both =DD

XXX

thanks hun i love allthe build up to it i think its what makes it special you will have to show us your dress when you decide on one, i bought my maid of honours dress from china it was 18 pound including p&p and its beautiful x

Seriously!! Bargin or what! I've quite a while til mine - we've said Feb 2013 if we don't get our baba by November (I can only plan on a short scale loll!) but Feb 2014 if we do get our baba. Haven't booked ewt just incase!!

XXX

it wont be long coming around. Mine is july 28th next year. Im more then happy to lend my dress out if someone likes it if there wedding is after mine. I will have loads of wedding stuff 2 x

hmmm may take you up on that.... mainly because I want to do the two dress thing - long floaty stunner for the ceremony and dinner, then a short 60's style dress for the reception - I'm just a bit of a spoilt girl like that loll!!

might even see if my nana still has her dress tbh- its like almost exactly what I want lol!

aw wouldnt that be amazing! its funny because my dress looks almost the same as my mums did x

We're more like our elders than we like to admit sometimes loll!

thanks for comments on dress, i love it and if the secondhand ones is any good I'l have saved a fortune :). Yours is fab amyrose! v similar, who is it from? Love the idea of two dresses LuW, but i reckon 8 hours in the one will be heaven and knowing me won't want to leave the party long enough to get changed, although I love the idea of you wearing your grandmothers! That would be awesome! For our guestbook I am collecting pics of our guests at their weddings or when they were at others peoples (as bridemaids etc) or just as kids. I'm hoping that i can get most people as almost everyone will be married who is coming. If i can get good at photoshop I want to antique effect them all, and then create a photo book using jessops or something. I've done it a few times for other things so I hope it works! How are you going on the other arrangements girls? venues booked etc? I've got venue, caterers etc done, a website and other bits and bobs. So much to do, especially as its meant to be informal and done on a reasonably cheap budget (which actually means a load of careful planning, and time on ebay and secondhand sites so it just looks like it fell together!). LuW have you tried sellmyweddingdress or preloved to get a bargain dress?

I love the guestbook idea hun it sounds beautiful. my dress is the phase eight eve dress it has been discontinued so was very hard to find i did find it on ebay second hand and bought it for 250 but when i got it it had a few snags and was off colour so i sent it back and got a refund the same day i sent it back a brand new one went up for sale so i snapped it up its beautiful on. I have my dress shoes veil and tiara sorted i have the bridesmaid dresses and the groom best man and page boys ect got i have my venue booked cake ordered. i have my caterer and a dj but just need to finalise numbers with them. im going for an informal do so im having a massive buffet and hiring a bouncy castle for the kids as well as a go kart racing track. i just want it to be full of fun good food music and laughter. i cant wait for it

Amyrose that sounds amazing! bouncy castles and go karting, awesome! Ours is mainly going to be little kids, under 6, so games and colouring and party bags is the way for us. We are having afternoon tea and a bbq later on, no sit down thing, just tables for people to eat at as an when they want. I hope it works! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back