Wedding Dress Stress

VikkiRTB

Reaction score
I am having another dress fitting today after work and am starting to completely stress about it.

When I first ordered the dress back in December, I had tried on a size 16 in the shop. They took my measurements and ordered a size 18.

I then lost some weight and when the dress came in last month I went to try it on with much excitement. Well this new dress was tighter than the first one i had tried on, so you can imagine my disappointment. But I got over this and felt fine about it being a bit snug.

Well now I have obviously found out I am pregnant and am now dreading going to try it on again. I have been a lot more hungry since falling pregnant and although I have tried to eat more fruit when I feeling hungry my weight has crept up a few more pounds.

I want to try and lose a few before the wedding and hope that I can do this. I know crash diets are out of the question though!!!

Does anyone know how easy it is to let out wedding dresses??
My dress does up with a zip at the back so i was also wondering if they would be able to change the zip for a tie up back??

Thanks for listening to my worries!! xx

Yes, they should be able to change it to a tie up... I think it depends on the detail at the back i suppose. These seamstresses are brilliant at what they do so try not to worry. I expect this is something that happens now and again for them anyways!

When you getting wed?

Thanks, mine is very plain at the back, so hopefully they will be able to do it. Just hope they have time. We fly on the 10th July and get married on the 16th. Not long to go now!!!

How long till the wedding? They will either change the fastening to tie back or put an extra piece of material in. If u want to lose weight,u could try slimming world,it's pregnancy friendly xx

its not long, only 3 weeks til we fly away. Im just getting paranoid about starting to fill out, my boobs have already got fuller. And we are going all inclusive for two weeks. Got to wear the dress again at my reception back home as well!!

my sister in law is changing her zip back for a lace back to allow more room but also a bridal gown should have at least 2 inches in each seam so u should have plenty of room for letting it out so dont stress to much xx

yeah the seamstress will be able to let it out, both my two bridesmaids at my wedding last year got measured for there dresses in december, and when june came round for the wedding, wer both 6 months gone, pfft!! lol

they changed the back from a zip to a tie and enabled them to both have a 6 month bump which 1 was big and 1 small and they looked fab, every1 commended how nice the detail was on the back,

dont worry and enjoy ur all inclusiveness and the big day!!

xxx

my wedding dress was a 12 and I was a 14 and it was an inch too small around the bust the seamstress took a bit off the length and added it to the back panel and it was then a lace up back noone knew they can do wonders hun!!

Sounds like your dress worrys are over Vikki, get a seemstress booked now for any alterations, they sound wonders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back