Wedding dress alterations

muppetmummy

Reaction score
I was wondering how easy it is to get an ex-shop sample altered by an independent dress maker? Has anyone bought an ex-shop sample before?

I ask because I bought an ex- shop-sample from ebay about 7 months ago for around £70. I still need to lose a couple stone for it to fit me but my main concern is the length. I am only 5ft 1 tall and the dress seems like it was made for a giant! It has a train at the back and there seems to be so much material!

How easy is it to shorten wedding dresses? Can they generally be altered to any length or do they have to be custom made? It has a seperate skirt and lace up back bodice so I'm hoping it will be easier than an all in one dress.

How late can you leave it before getting a dress altered? My wedding is 4 months away, and I want to leave it as long as possible to give me time to slim.

I'm starting to get really stressed about the dress! There is just so much material, and its so heavy.

I wish I lived closer i could have done it for you xx its no prob honey the skirt just need to be taken up, a local seamstress can do that for you x

Is it easy for you to get into Aberdeen.... if so go to Gloria Valentine on Marschal Street (just off the castle gate... don the road that the Blackfriers pub is on the corner of) she altered all my dress and bridesmaid dresses and was brilliant.... she was recomended to me by a friend.

She is as mad as a hatter, but lovely and managed to get them done so quickly!

I used Gloria too, she's a bit crazy but nice! My dress was really long too and she shortened it fine! I think I took mine in about 4 weeks before I got married and picked it up a few days before we went away.

Thank you girls! :D You've all been really helpful....I shall have to get in touch with the mad woman :lol:

Wedding dress alterations at new quebec st, marylebone. London’s finest bespoke couture dressmaking and alterations service.
[FONT="][/FONT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back