EWCM

Cori

Reaction score
I was just wondering, how does sperm manage to swim through stretchy cervical mucous? I know it keeps it alive, but you would think it would be able to swim better when it's not like elastic, lol.

God knows?! Our bodies are weird aren't they

unfertile cm is thick and stickky so it gets stuck and can't swim through it where as fertile mucus isn't its wet, thinner ect.. so they have a easier way to swim up there, it's hard to explain this lol hope this explanation makes sence when i'm at home i'll post about this in more detail lol

Lol, thanks Anna. But isn't the stretchy CM thick?

I think the thick, stretchy, rubber cement'ish CM is classified as "sticky" (from "Taking Charge of Your Fertility")...I think. I don't have the book here with me at work to confirm.:oops: But in any case, I don't think that's the fertile CM. As Anna said, that's the type of CM that traps the wee spermies.

From my understanding, EWCM is stretchy, relatively thin, clear, maybe a little watery feeling.

I hope this helps, and maybe someone can back me up on this. It's not always wise to rely on my memory :oops:

Lol, who'd have thought vaginal discharge could be soo complicated!

So is it best to TTC when we have the really stretchy CM like elastic, or the more watery CM?

yes :D but i'd recomend bding every other day just incase :D
tipper your right thanks :D

This is how I understood it, so anyone correct me if I'm wrong :D

The stretchy EWCM mimics the stuff that the man produces that keeps the sperm alive so fertile CM actually helps and nourishes the sperm but the other types of CM block their way.

Way way way too much info but after bd'ing the stuff you wipe away (that your partner left in you and comes out again :lol: ) is a very similar consistency to fertile CM as they're both designed to keep sperm alive. If we've BD'd recently I've no idea if I've got EWCM or its his stuff :oops: :oops: :oops:

mrs_metal said:
This is how I understood it, so anyone correct me if I'm wrong :D

The stretchy EWCM mimics the stuff that the man produces that keeps the sperm alive so fertile CM actually helps and nourishes the sperm but the other types of CM block their way.

Way way way too much info but after bd'ing the stuff you wipe away (that your partner left in you and comes out again :lol: ) is a very similar consistency to fertile CM as they're both designed to keep sperm alive. If we've BD'd recently I've no idea if I've got EWCM or its his stuff :oops: :oops: :oops:

That is so clever, I never knew that!!

Just remember it's raw egg white not cooked egg white, ay shiny :rotfl:

LOL, thanks guys!

There is something else I don't get - obviously our CM is coming out of us throughout the day, so if the sperm is trapped inside that, being kept alive, when our CM comes out of us, won't all the sperm come out with it, if it's being kept alive in it?

Is it best to try everyday, or every 2 days to get the sperm count back up? And if I have 3 days of proper stretchy CM, then 2 days of more watery CM before I ovulate, which days do you think would be best to try?

Cori said:
LOL, thanks guys!

There is something else I don't get - obviously our CM is coming out of us threoughout the day, so if the sperm is trapped inside that, being kept alive, when our CM comes out of us, won't all the sperm come out with it, if it's being kept alive in it?

Is it best to try everyday, or every 2 days to get the sperm count back up? And if I have 3 days of proper stretchy CM, then 2 days of more watery CM before I ovulate, which days do you think would be best to try?

They are hard questions :think: :)

I think the cm only keeps the sperm alive until it gets up in your tubes and then the enviroment in there keeps them living. I think it takes 30mins for the sperm to reach your tubes so after that, the cm isn't really needed so if you leak cm the next day, it won't matter so much.

I don't know what you mean by "stretchy" cm then "watery" cm - are they not the same type? I would bd the first day you get watery cm (clear stretchy stuff) and then every other day :D

Thanks. So it takes about 30 minutes for the sperm to get into your cervix? And then you won't wash any sperm away the day after? Got it, lol.

What I mean about the CM is last time, I had the really stretchy CM, like elastic for 3 days, then the day after it was just slightly stretchy, but more watery, then the day after it was the same and that's the day I ovulated. So I really need to BD on the days that it's really stretchy to keep it alive, even though it's not that stretchy the day before I ovulate, don't I?

So if I have the EWCM for 4 days before I ovulate, would I have a better chance of conceiving if I tried for 3 days in a row from the 2nd day I had the EWCM, or 2 days from the 2nd day, missing a day inbetween? Some people say miss a day inbetween to let the sperm build up again, but then I heard that it only builds the male sperm back up and the female sperm doesn't reduce if you try everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back