Will sperm still be able to get in the cervix !

Waiting4amiracle

Reaction score
Hi Girls
I have been trying to have a baby for many years i have been pregnant 9 times and lost all
babys at 8wks and 10wks no H/B but still determent to be a mum ttc again
I should be well educated with all the ttc over the last 10yrs or more
I want to know if the sperm can still swim into the cervix even if your not ovulating
or have any ewcm ?? Or do they stay in the back of the vagina ?
Sorry if i sound like a :doh: but needed to ask :think:

Another thing is when ttc on our own the sperm always seem to spill out no matter
if i lay for 1hr with pillow underneith bum and legs in the air position
when i stand it would just come away untill tmi but here goes :oops:
I had a orgasm before dh did and all the sperm went when i stood up after the 1hr
lay down all the sperm had gone i had none spill out :think: i thought maybe
my fluid had helped the sperm swim up and the reason for them spilling out could
be because i have no cervical fluid maybe need (preseed )

Any way since while ttc i have been having a orgasm first then dh does his stuff
straight after and the sperm vanishes My question is ........
Is this ok to do so is it sperm friendly or is it full of acid that will kill the sperm ??

I am full of questions arnt i :rotfl: you got a question get it off your chest
thats what i say :oops: :lol:

:hug: xx

Hey, I want know the answer to this question too! :lol:

Cori said:
Hey, I want know the answer to this question too! :lol:
:rotfl: Looks like no one knows (quite a few veiwers and no posters) :lol:
I done some research before i posted this question but it says nothing about it
just says you cant get pregnant after ovulation etc if you find out cori let us know :lol:
xx

Ok, I think this is how it goes!!

If your cervix is closed and you have no ewcm the sperm can't actually swim towards the falopean tubes because it can't get through your cm because it's of the wrong consistency so they will die before they get there. EWCM allows the sperm to swim through and get to the tubes where it waits for an egg to be released.
With regards to the sperm spilling out, that's only the dead or unwanted sperm that comes out, the decent proper strong swimmers will already have entered the cervix and be on their way. Some drs say it doesn't make any difference you getting up straight away or laying with your feet in the air for 30 mins cos the good sperm will already be making its way to your tubes and the bad sperm will spill out straight away.
I think orgasm helps in that your cervix contracts and gives the sperm a helping hand deeper inside you.

I've noticed that if we bd when i'm not fertile the sperm spills out straight away, whereas when we do it when i'm about to ov a lot more is retained.

hope this helps (please anyone correct me if I've got my info wrong!)

HannahD said:
Ok, I think this is how it goes!!

If your cervix is closed and you have no ewcm the sperm can't actually swim towards the falopean tubes because it can't get through your cm because it's of the wrong consistency so they will die before they get there. EWCM allows the sperm to swim through and get to the tubes where it waits for an egg to be released.
With regards to the sperm spilling out, that's only the dead or unwanted sperm that comes out, the decent proper strong swimmers will already have entered the cervix and be on their way. Some drs say it doesn't make any difference you getting up straight away or laying with your feet in the air for 30 mins cos the good sperm will already be making its way to your tubes and the bad sperm will spill out straight away.
I think orgasm helps in that your cervix contracts and gives the sperm a helping hand deeper inside you.

I've noticed that if we bd when i'm not fertile the sperm spills out straight away, whereas when we do it when i'm about to ov a lot more is retained.

hope this helps (please anyone correct me if I've got my info wrong!)

Thanks hun for posting :) so the sperm can enter your cervix wether your
ovualting or not so they can get into that hole in your cervix anytime of the month ??
but they wont swim up your tubes if there is no ewcm there ??

I heard the same about having a orgasm afterwards it helps sperm get on there journey
but i had mine before the swimmers were produced and all the sperm vanished
i never even had any left overs and never had a positive opk and never had ewcm
thats why i was wondering if a ladys orgasm fluid could act like ewcm sperm friendly
type and help the sperm to swim ... Thats what i was wondering hun

:hug:

I do believe that ladies fluid after orgasm is very sperm friendly and the cervix contracting through orgasm is supposed to help the little swimmers on their way. I do find after a rather big orgasm that things down below do twitch for a little while after so there for must still be slightly contracting to help the little fellows along.

Also, I never have much spill out after but my cervix never seem fully closed which is due to me already having children, so I guess mine must swim in there for nothing most the month. Saves sticky sheets :lol:

Corrr dear, what us women chat about :wink:

the sperm can enter, orgasm is thought to help as the uterus continues to contract for several hours afterwards, thus helping the sperm moreso.

youtube- an everyday miracle by robert winston, packed full of info u will need an hour but i found the first 3 parts the most insightful, i really advise you watch this.

I was once told that the stuff that comes out is the semen that the sperm is in, and any dead spermies.

Hi there
My name is Vicki and I'm new here. I've been ttc for only a few weeks but have some info that may interest you.
I have recently read the book: Zita Wests guide to fertility and conception. She says in her book that the famale orgasm can help the muscles to encourage the sperm to swim up high!! Also she recommends that straight after sex you keep laying down for approx 30 mins and that gives the sperms the chance to swim high up enough.
A pillow under the bum makes no difference apparently.
The semen will, after that 30 min wait, come away from you but the crucial sperm will have swam up by then if it is going to.
Hope this helps.
Maybe you should read Zita's book. It's very fascinating and informative!
Good Luck xx

Thanks girls for all your messages :hug:

vicki15 said:
Hi there
My name is Vicki and I'm new here. I've been ttc for only a few weeks but have some info that may interest you.
I have recently read the book: Zita Wests guide to fertility and conception. She says in her book that the famale orgasm can help the muscles to encourage the sperm to swim up high!! Also she recommends that straight after sex you keep laying down for approx 30 mins and that gives the sperms the chance to swim high up enough.
A pillow under the bum makes no difference apparently.
The semen will, after that 30 min wait, come away from you but the crucial sperm will have swam up by then if it is going to.
Hope this helps.
Maybe you should read Zita's book. It's very fascinating and informative!
Good Luck xx
I have heard others talk about zita wests book
I was told that in her book she says to drink hot drinks only and avoid cold drinks
avoid hot baths take showers and was told that in the zita west book she also says
a hot water bottle on your stomich helps with implantation ... Is this true ??
So wouldnt is be safe to have hot water baths then if she recommends a hot water bottle ?
:hug:

lammy456 said:
youtube- an everyday miracle by robert winston, packed full of info u will need an hour but i found the first 3 parts the most insightful, i really advise you watch this.
Thanks hun i will go on you tube and have a watch of this :hug:

roseanimal said:
hope you get your bfp soon - you really deserve it!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thanks babe :hug:

Donna's here said:
I do believe that ladies fluid after orgasm is very sperm friendly and the cervix contracting through orgasm is supposed to help the little swimmers on their way. I do find after a rather big orgasm that things down below do twitch for a little while after so there for must still be slightly contracting to help the little fellows along.

Also, I never have much spill out after but my cervix never seem fully closed which is due to me already having children, so I guess mine must swim in there for nothing most the month. Saves sticky sheets :lol:

Corrr dear, what us women chat about :wink:
:lol: I think i may have more spill out
because dh has a little problem with his swimmers which only happend last year and some of them
cant swim as fast as others thats why i was given the icsi twice hence to say i still got pg
with twins naturally after being told we would need icsi ( Crazy fertility ) :lol:
Sticky sheets :lol: i have the tissue ready and waiting before that happens :wink: :lol:

:hug: xxxx

What if the only hot drinks you like is tea and coffee? You're supossed to cut down on caffeine :?

Try Rooibos, or Red Bush tea. Its a bit herby tasting but caffeine free (and possibly low in tannins I think?) and sweeter than green tea.

In uni we did a course on evolution, and the uterus contractions apparently evolved to increase the chances of sperm getting up the tubes. It doesn't mean no orgasm means no fertilisation tho, so definitely don't panic if you miss out. I seem to remember that as long as DH does his stuff with 45 minutes of your orgasm, you'll get the extra benefit for a good few hours after. The things our lecturers thought we needed to know!!! :roll:

So is it better if you orgasm before or after his ejaculation?

I'm sure my lecturer suggested either 45 minute before or after, and I'd guess either is fine really? Surely as long as the muscles are contracting while the swimmers are swimming you get the benefit? :think:

I had a weird question does anybody know if its normal to taste your partners semen when he ejaculates inside you? I ask because ever since we've been TTC I have never taste it his semen. Only this time I felt it in my throat... I know it is a weird question but I'm curious it is something new that has never happened before.

Very interesting thread. :)
I'd say sperm can swim through cervix during your ewcm days.
It can also swim happily through cervix if you use pressed or conceive plus fertility gels at all other times. Otherwise if there is no ewcm or pressed then the environment inside is very acidic and little swimmers can't get anywhere. These gels change pH levels inside and it becomes sperm friendly x

As of hot and cold drinks. The doc encourages to drink warm water rather than cold to keep your uterus "warm". Cold uterus is less likely to be happy to accept implantation. I know it sounds funny but that's how it is. I eat and drink everything warm. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back