EWCM & OPK Question!!

Vickyxx

Reaction score
Now I know I should know this already being a bloody veteran in TTC :shakehead: but I just wanted to ask you lovely ladies, more for reassurance then anything.

Soooo I am now on CD16 and today I have had an abundance of ewcm, more then I have ever had .... like ever :dance:

But ..... both cheapie and digi opks are giving me a very big negative, barely even a visible second line on the cheapie :eh:

So I was just wondering if any of you normally get ewcm before you get a positive opk ???

I wouldnt usually worry to much but as this is my first cycle since my op I am feeling a little bit .... ok a lot apprehensive about it!!!

Thanks

V xxxx

If in doubt BD anyway.

I got told yesterday that I am gearing up to Ov and should BD (I had a transvaginal scan) but OPK showed nothing at all?

Are you just using OPK's or do you have CBFM?

Last edited:
Just using opks, I cant use a cbfm as my cycles are to long and irregular, read somewhere they dont work if your cycles are longer then 45 days .... or something along those lines.

Just going to make sure we do the baby dance and keep my fingers crossed!!

Just using opks, I cant use a cbfm as my cycles are to long and irregular, read somewhere they dont work if your cycles are longer then 45 days .... or something along those lines.

Just going to make sure we do the baby dance and keep my fingers crossed!!

I think the OPK's I use (just the cheapies) aren't accurate after a 40 day cycle.

Are the one's you use OK for your long cycle?

They are just the normal pee on sticks so can be used at anytime .... just pee and go lol

They are just the normal pee on sticks so can be used at anytime .... just pee and go lol

I'm no expert as this in only my first month using OPK's but I am a great believer in listening to our bodies and EWCM is a good, strong sign you should get BD'ing :)

Have fun

xxxxxxxx

Woop woop Vicky I hope you are going to ov soon, this means the drilling and metformin are doing their job!! I haven't ovulated since I was 15 lol so can't comment on ewcm - def get BD'ing though xxx

My first clomid cycle I had major EWCM 2 days before OV and my opk was blank until OV, id definitely assume it's a good sign!

Get jiggy!:)

Lots of luck lovely!

Xx

When i get EWCM, if at all, seems to vary.

Either way it is sign of fertility so i'd make the most of it :) I don't think i'd go all out though until your get a postitive OPK, but defintiely get some action it ;)

oooh , the only time I saw lots of ECWM was the month I fell with Devon. I got it 2 days after I stopped bedding , so decided that OV was later than normal, and bed that day and the next morning just incase.

When I fell preg that cycle, I had a dating scan at 12 weeks and turns out I had ovulated late as scan dates were behind my period ones by 5 days!

Get some action now!!! Good luck to you

Last edited:
Mornig ladies,

I am actually having a similar issue as Vicky.

I got told at my transvaginal scan on Wednesday that my right ovary is getting ready to release and egg (Dr even showed me and said to get BD'ing)

Yet 6 OPK's later I have not even had a faint line?

I have tested 7pm Wednesday, 7pm Thursday and this morning! I have used two sticks each time :shock:

I know you aren't meant to use FMU but I just though I'd try...

What am I doing wrong? I have EWCM and am of course inclined to believe the Dr who actually saw my ovary.

The only thing I can think of is that I don't store up enough pee? I pee at 5.30pm when I leave work and then can only hold it until 7pm?

I stop drinking after about 4pm each day [I start again after I use OPK!]

I'll test again later but just feel a bit disheartened?

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
It could be you have had your peak and your opks just aren't picking it up....... or that your peak was so short that when you have been testing for ov you have missed it.

In theory, I think your peak should happen 12-36 hours before actual ov, but the length of the peak itself could only be less than 12hours, so if you have a short peak and you're not testing at least twice a day (which most people aren't...who has that much time to pee on stuff) you could just miss it.

i would trust the EWCM over the opks.

It could be you have had your peak and your opks just aren't picking it up....... or that your peak was so short that when you have been testing for ov you have missed it.

In theory, I think your peak should happen 12-36 hours before actual ov, but the length of the peak itself could only be less than 12hours, so if you have a short peak and you're not testing at least twice a day (which most people aren't...who has that much time to pee on stuff) you could just miss it.

i would trust the EWCM over the opks.

EWCM is present so that's good!

I think I drink too much and pee too much to get an accurate reading so I am going to go with my body (and also the fact that less than 48 hours ago I was told after an internal scan to get cracking!)

xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ladies

I have never ever had EWCM but I do get a strong line on the OPK and sticks and regular periods.
Until now I have never really though about it but now I wonder if that is normal though??

Giz xxx

Hi Ladies

I have never ever had EWCM but I do get a strong line on the OPK and sticks and regular periods.
Until now I have never really though about it but now I wonder if that is normal though??

Giz xxx

Who knows what is "normal" any more hey?

I think the main thing I have learnt from being here is that we are all different :)

xxxxxxxxxx

Well there has been no more ewcm and opks are still negative, suppose there is a possibility ovulation occurred really quick and I missed it, but more likely that my body is just messing with my head like usual!! Give up!!

Are you already on the sensitive OPKs? I'd try those one's if you're not.

Fingers crossed that that you just missed it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back