Ewcm

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi girls... I've just noticed I have EWCM but negative results on OPK is this normal? Perhaps I should opk twice a day from tomorrow? I'm on CD 13 . Does EWCM come before or during OV?

Hey Tracey
I think it's just before, I know it should be stretchy
Don't quote me on this though
xxxxx

i think it's just before, i usually get it for a day or so leading up to ov xx

It's normal for me :)

I had EWCM on cd 12 and then got my surge on cd 15/16.

That said, i think bd'in is a good idea.

Apparently what happens is that your cervix fills with EWCM (and some of it escapes into your knickers) and when you have sex hopefully some of the semen mixes with the EWCM in your cervix and the sperm cells get stuck in it.

Then the sperm cells are released slowly over time to cover OV because they don't actually live long outside the EWCM.

So, if you have sex now, you'll have lots of spermies in you cm to hopefully catch OV :oooo:

Just wanted to add I had ewcm the day before I got my first pos opk, none the two days when I got positives & then more the day after my second pos. :)

That said, i think bd'in is a good idea.

So, if you have sex now, you'll have lots of spermies in you cm to hopefully catch OV :oooo:

** runs off home cos DH off work today for a good :bd: **
:sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm:

well....you said now.....:dance:

Last edited:
Funny you say that - the EWCM was in my knickers and not inside (sorry TMI) so that actually makes perfect sense - hope OV approaching.... I'm gonna do my first OPK today in a mo - fx I see a hint of a line!

I got a line!!! Not a positive cos its not as dark as control but its a line - the first one I have EVER seen YAY! I'll do one again at 6pm tonight and see if it gets darker! I think I'm actually gonna ovulate !!

Aw that's great. I think it's so exciting when you get that little extra line (it's a bit like a warm up for your :bfp: ;))

I think you're going to have a good night tonight as well. ;)

:dance: I gotta feeling woo hoo that tonight's gonna be a good night......

And tomorrow, and the next day and Oh just realised my "My Days" app on mobile has today as the first day as my most fertile and OV due next Tuesday (but based on a 35 day cycle) so will just shag all the time ha ha

Haha yeah, just keep going at it all weekend, just come up occasionally for food & drink... and perhaps to check your son's okay. ;) :lol:

None of my OV tests were as dark as the control line and my bloods are all fine so don't get too disappointed if it doens't get as dark :)

It sounds like OV is def on it's way to me ;)

Haha yeah, just keep going at it all weekend, just come up occasionally for food & drink... and perhaps to check your son's okay. ;) :lol:

:rofl::rofl:

Can you imagine? Mummy, Daddy, are you not well?? Are you in pain, it sounded like you were in pain?

My DH is not feeling too good just now complaining everything aches - must be man flu - better give him the remedy of a hot bath followed by a good all over body massage - he better not just fall asleep !!!! How typical would that be? I've not told him anything about my fertile time cos I dont want him thinking I'm making him "perform" so will just have to try the subtle approach and "jump" him !! YAY

:lol: yeah, that could be a little traumatic for you son. At the age of 19 I heard my Dad & his girlfriend at the time going at it. I swear I've been emotionally scarred since. :lol:

If he thinks you're only after him to 'perform' try getting him warmed up a bit, then stopping, and saying that you're not really in the mood but you thought he deserved a treat. ;) Did that with my OH a few times, just 'played' with him, then rolled over like I was going to go to sleep - guaranteed to get him to pounce on me. :lol:

mine were no as dark as the controll line either hun so get BD'ing lots and lots :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back