Erpc questions

lisey

Reaction score
My erpc is booked for wednesday, I didnt want medical management and the sac is still very round and growing so its showing no signs of collapsing and happening naturally so erpc was the way to go for me. I just wondered if anyone had the 'pregnancy tissue' as they call it, tested after? If so how long did it take to get results?
Also how long was it before af paid a visit? I know it varies but just wanted to know others experiences. With both my mcs my af came pretty much when I wld expect a normal period. I am thinking of booking a little break away and want to try and work around it if I can. I am really struggling at the moment and need something to look forward to x

My first erpc was textbook 20mins from anaesthetic room to waking up, felt fine the next day and laid a floor with DH!

My most recent one after 4th pg ended in mmc was more complicated but that was because i was on blood thinners. I'd still say its a reasonably "easy" experience compared to having a mc naturally (which i've also been through) as its over quicker.

Af has always arrived within 30 days if you count erpc as cd1 for me. A nice break away is a fab idea, you need to look forward to something un-ttc-related for a bit.

The scrapings were sent away from the last pg, but it wasn't terribly helpful as they did it just before xmas and they didn't send it to the right place in time. If you can get them to send it away its all more info to work with, but i did find it upsetting the idea of allowing "my baby" to be "tested" in this way.

Sorry your facing this, its horrible times. xxx

Last edited:
Hey Hun, I didn't have any testing as they wouldn't as it was my first mc. Periodwise, it came 6 weeks later for me, but then my cycles hadn't quite regulated then so maybe that was in line with my cycles at the time. Hope you're ok duck :hugs: xx

I had a 36 day cycle after mine if I count cd1 as day of procedure. I ovulated cd21 xx :hugs:

Thanks everyone, I hope af arrives as normal if I count erpc as cd 1. I agree about having the tests done, i felt uncomfortable with the idea at first, for us there is just a sac so not sure what they can come up with from that but the dr said its still pregnancy tissue so worth a try to maybe get some answers x

Hi Lisey,
I was going to ask you if you had had it all confirmed, I guess you have now.
So sorry honey.
I begged the docs to test my 'retained products' and I wouldnt sign the form ( 'for them to be able to cremate' which they do and put into tiny coffins as my OH's mum is a nurse and has said this is what they do.)
But after the op they said that everything had shrivelled and was not viable for testing.
Mine kept shrinking which is what happens apparently , but if your sca is still growing then they may have something to test. And as this is your 3rd I would push for this.
As for bleeding, I think mine was about 21 - 28 days after, I can't remember exactly now but I know it was the same both times.
be strong hun and thank you for your kind comments on my post in tri 3. xxxx

We have already signed for the testing. I hadnt even thought they wld offer this but any answers would be helpful. I am trying to be strong but losing faith and hope, I guess cos I am just waiting for it to be over. All the emotions are so raw. I just read on the miscarriage association website that I am more likely to have a successful pregnancy next time rather than an mc so I am holding on to that x

D

Last edited:
Mine was around 30 minutes for the operation itself. I was never called back for any check ups etc once I was sent home.

It turned out I had no pregnancy tissue left, 6 weeks later no sign of period & was pregnant again.

I had no issue with my ERPC. I was happy with the procedure & choice of management.

I agreed to testing but never received any results so I assume everything was 'ok'. My experience of erpc was painless and quick. Hope yours goes smoothly x.

Sorry to hear this Lisey. My erpc in oct was also painless, I spotted on and off for about a week after, then got af 6 weeks after - but I have 5 week cycles so not too bad.

I read erpcs are really good as you get a good clear out, and encourages good lining growth after. We didn't ttc til after 1st af, then got bfp 2 cycles after, now 24.5 weeks so worked for me.

Hope all goes well, be thinking of you xxx

I've had 2 Erpcs and with the first 2 they only test the tissue to make sure it's pregnancy tissue and its complete or so that wat I was to,d n was told to ring bk for results I did both times and both times all was normal , wen they test fir chromosomal problems they warn u that they ay not find anything cos of the mix with the mother and baby tissue so half the time they can't test properly again that's what I was told by my nurse, ive never had any issues with Erpcs second one wasn't as straight forward I bled quite a bit so needed sorting out so took a little longer and needed some iron tablets for afterwards fir a week or so but I didn't bleed at all afterwards apart from that day of Erpc , I had tried medical managed before my first Erpc and it was horrendous it didn't work just left me in lots of pain and bleeding heavily il never have that again if it ever came to that but hopefully it will never come to that decision again xx

Thanks for all your messages everyone. I hope its quick and straight forward x

Oh Lisey I feel for you, this limbo stage between finding out the pregnancy isn't viable and having the procedure is awful. I was still throwing up which felt like a right kick in he face. If its any consolation I felt pretty much back to normal as soon as I woke up after my D&C.

That was on the 12th of June, so CD26 today and no sign of AF but my cycles are usually about 35-37 days so not expecting her yet.

In regards to tissue testing I didn't ask about that, didn't even think to and doc didn't mention.

Thinking about you for Wednesday, hope it goes ok xxx

Oh Lisey I feel for you, this limbo stage between finding out the pregnancy isn't viable and having the procedure is awful. I was still throwing up which felt like a right kick in he face. If its any consolation I felt pretty much back to normal as soon as I woke up after my D&C.

That was on the 12th of June, so CD26 today and no sign of AF but my cycles are usually about 35-37 days so not expecting her yet.

In regards to tissue testing I didn't ask about that, didn't even think to and doc didn't mention.

Thinking about you for Wednesday, hope it goes ok xxx

Thanks hun, yeah its a horrible stage. I have a real small bump and I am constantly worried someone will notice and ask if im pregnant. I think they only do the testing if there has been 3 or more miscarriages, I didnt think of it either until they mentioned it x

Good luck for tomorrow hun, hope its as quick and straight forward as it can be xxx

Thanks ladies, all went well as it could do, very straight forward. Am home now, just a few period type cramps x

Just thought I would give an update on today. I was waiting hours to be seen, so hungry and desperate for a drink in this heat. The nurses were amazing and the procedure was straight forward. I have to go back for results of the tissue testing and also back to gynae to arrange my laparoscopy. The gynae who came to see us after, advised that we wait to try again til after I have had the lap so he said in about 5 months, thats after recovery time. It feels like a long time but in the grand scheme of things, its not really. I feel I would be silly not to take their advice x

Glad everything went well for u lisey and 5 months will fly by xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back