Period after ERPC?

steffie

Reaction score
I am hoping someone will be able to help me. I am new here. :)

I had an ERPC on Saturday the 1st June. My hcg levels were only 12 so very low but I had some retained products from weeks before.

I bled very lightly for a few days then it stopped completely for about a week. Yesterday I started bleeding again - pretty heavy, like a heavy period.

I called the ward that did my ERPC and they said to see how I got on and to see my doctor if I was worried. I don't want to see my doctor as there is nothing he can do.

This morning my pad was pretty soaked so I called NHS Direct and they said that since my tummy is not tender and I have no temperature or anything that it might well be my period.

It seems really quick to be getting a period. Can anyone advise? The last thing I want is to go back to the hospital but I don't want to leave it and then damage to be done.

Thanks

:wave: Hi Steffie,
So sorry your going through this :hug: It is hard enough to loss a baby without complications afterwards.... I think maybe a quick visit to the hospital would be a good idea, just to make sure all is well..... Sometimes our bodies can react badly to evac and you may need a little injection to stop the bleeding, or you may just need as little more time, but to be sure, go get checked out..... :hug: it's their job so don't worry about going back....

Let us know how you get on, Lv Yvonne xx :hug: :hug:

Thanks for responding Yvonne.

I went to my doctor this morning. He said that since I wasn't getting any fever etc he wasn't too worried. He said bleeding can be erratic, especially since I have a large fibroid.

The bleeding seems to have slowed right down again now so goodness knows what all that was about.

I just hope my cycles are not all over the place forever.

x

Hi just to say I had an ERPC on 5th june and I have been bleeding with a light/medium intensity ever since. I'm going to not worry while it's still not been longer than a fortnight. So if it's still there on Tues, see my doc. But it seems lighter and I bet it stops by Tues :)

Hope yours stops soon. No of course your cycles won't be b*ggered for ever, within a few weeks it will probably be back to normal :)

The doc advised me to wait for 2 proper periods before trying again (which is annoying but I'll stick to it, after all they have scraped around in there so my womb must need to convalesce. :)

Im sorry for your loss, bad enough loosing a baby without all the added stress afterwards.Im so sorry.
I hope you get everything sorted soon health wise and hope to see you in the TTC section soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back