erpc question

bex

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how long it takes after an erpc to get a negative pregnancy test. I started miscarrying two weeks ago today and ended with an erpc on Wednesday (two weeks ago tomorrow) but I'm still getting positive pregnancy tests. Have been feel very bloated too and was just wondering if this is all normal?

Bx

Hi Bex,

The surgeon told me that a test could show positive for two weeks after D and C. It hasn't been two weeks yet for me, but I tested yesterday and it was still a dark positive :( Thursday will be two weeks for me. I'm going to test again on Friday.

I haven't felt bloated though, so I'm not sure if thats normal. Have you had any trouble with bleeding? I only bled for a day or two after the D and C, very lightly but then last Friday I started bleeding again. Its not clots or super heavy, so I'm not worried, but I sure wish it would stop.

Hi Kimberly,

I also only bled for a few days after d and c and nothing since. I guess I'll leave it for a few more days and see then. What would it mean if it was still positive then, should I be worried that they didn't remove everything?

It must be horrible for you to still be bleeding, I'm sure you must be like me and want everything to go back to normal.

x

Hi hun, Sorry I cant help you with how long you will get a positive pregnancy test but just wanted to say that I wish you all the best in your recovery and hope you are feeling well again soon. x :hug:

I haven't heard this from a doctor, but from what I have read on the internet is that sometimes it could be that there is some tisuue left and thats why the tests are still positive. But....I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet. My plan is to contact the doctor if I'm still showing positive after 3 weeks.

:hug:

Hi I had bleeding for ages after a D + C, so nagged for another scan, When they tested my urine there it was still positive, and the scan showed they had missed a bit :roll:

They told me to test in another week (3 weeks after the ERPC) but by then the bleeding had stopped and I felt ok.

It just took a bit longer. If you have any other symptoms, such as bleeding, ask for a scan. But if everything else is ok, test in a week to make sure and it will probably be neg. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back