Will i need an ERPC?

KateQPR

Reaction score
Bit confused and wondered if anyone could shed some light...

I started miscarrying on Friday, went to hospital on friday night and bled quite a lot and passed quite a lot of clots and some big bits of tissue. Since then the pain has subsided quite a bit - just feeling a bit bruised and sore after so many gyno examinations - and am bleeding only lightly now.

I'm now waiting to get a date for scan to check all is ok - but am worried i may have to have an ERPC, which i really don't want ( i hate anesthetics!). Do you know if you only have to have them if you're still bleeding quite heavily?

Thanks...

Kate

I didnt have to have one...by the time i had my scan most of the tissue had already gone. It sounds like most of it is comming away on its own so you may be ok...let me know how you get on

thanks for that - gives me some hope!

I just wondered - how long did you feel cramps or tenderness in your abdomen for? After 48 hours and still lightly bleeding, mine still has very light cramps and soreness, but i also had a lot of scrapes and internal examinations when i was in hopsital so kind of feel sore from that too..

guess all will become clear when i finally get that scan.

thanks

kx

I doubt you will after bleeding so heavily.

Sorry to hear of your loss

x :hug:

thanks sharne. Although not sure if i bled enough.

God knows how much your meant to bleed, but all i know is it was bloody painful bleeding and large bits of tissue left my body. Since then it's just been like a normal period, only needing to change a pad a few times a day and not too heavy.

Maybe i should have bled more. Guess the scan will reveal all. x

i only really had pain when i was passing the baby...suppose it was like contractions or something....
I didnt have anything like you went through with the prodding and scrapes...just an internal and external scan.

how are you doing?

doing ok thanks. Very teary, especially when telling family and friends, but slowly feeling more human and less ghost like.

Physically just feel weak and pathetic and with the odd aches and pains.

It's all just such a rollercoaster - so happy and feeling so pregnant one day, then so many negatives feelings and experiences in such a short twist of events.

I guess i just want to feel normal again, and haven't felt that since the day before i found i was pregnant.

After all this i now realise just how amazing us women are!

oh, and also dreading the scan, and possible ERPC. Just want my body to be left alone!

6 weeks, so quite early. Clots were quite big (one in particular which was particularly painful to pass, almost like contractions) so i'm hoping that was enough.

x

`that sounds pretty similar to what i had when i passed the baby..could actually feel it comming out (tmi im sorry). I didnt really bleed too much either....only for 3 days and just like a heavy period...just a little heavier than normal, and like you only changing a pad a few times a day....i bought loads thinking i was gonna bleed ages and really heavy....
When do you go for the scan?

have scan tomorrow morning. Just want to get it out of the way.

How did you feel physically while you were bleeding in the days after? I'm still getting mild cramps and twinges and just feeling a bit achey in my stomach. nothing too much (other than tiredness and all the emotional stuff) but just wondered when my body will start to feel phsysically normal?

x

As far as i can remember it was just like normal period cramping but nothing too bad....its all a bit of a blur to be honest, i kinda just acted on autopilot and just went back to work. I was tired alot and felt drained but i didnt eat after i lost for a good 2 months and lost a stone and a half so im thinking maybe that could have been the problem.
I hope the scan goes ok tomorrow and you dont have to go through it. Have you got someone to go with you?
xxx

yes, luckily my boyfriend is being brilliant and taking time off work to take me.

I just feel a bit bruised all around my abdomen - but then i'm still bleeding and i always feel a bit sore after internals etc (and i had quite few of those when i was in A&E on saturday as they kept on checking for signs of ectopic pregnancy, so a lot of pushing hard on my abdomen, inside and out. Ouch!)

x

thats good, glad hes being so supportive...my mum came with me for my scan but they wouldnt let her in so demand that he comes in with you.
Youve had a rough few days with it all and i really hope it has just all happened naturally so you dont have to have more added stress.
Take care of yourself today and rest up xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back