eeeeeeekkk!

My1stBaby

Reaction score
i went to see my consultant today and we have decided the best thing for baby is for him to be delivered by c-section..... so in 3 weeks time ill have my baby boy !

the relief i feel is unbelievable its like a massive weight has been lifted, im just going to focus on getting everything sorted and ready for my precious little man! im very tearful at the thought of it i cant believe the end is so near !!

if anyone has any experience of a c-section and they are happy to share, then please let me know

3 weeks 3 weeks 3 weeksss

xxxxxxx

omg, congrats. why ru having a c section.??
How amazing u know u have 3 weeks to wait xxxxx

That's great news at least the end is in sight and you have a date to focus on :)

I had an emergency section and found it so positive and I'll be booking straight in with my next baby. Just be aware you won't be allowed to get out if bed for possibly a day and you will struggle with LO slightly as you won't be able to use your stomach muscles. Make sure your OH can stay with you until visiting ends so he can help with baby and be in first thing next morning. You may need help from the midwives to change nappies and feed during the night. Also those cots next to the bed can be lowered, make sure OH lowers it before he goes so you have got access to your baby. Take lots of high big knickers you don't mind staining as you'll bleed even after the section.

They might ask you if you want to see baby come out, do it, it's amazing (you don't see any if you, they just lower the sheet as they pull him out so you get first look!)

charlie- im having a c-sec as i caught a virus (CMV-have a read on google its a nasty virus)thats passed onto baby so he has to have loads of tests when hes born which is going to be very traumatic for him so a c-sec will be less distressing for him. also i have severe anxiety (before preg but made worse by all my complications) and its affecting my heart (chest pains and palpitations) so i have to try to keep as calm as possible!! i had to decide between being induced at 39 weeks or a c-sec and i just feel a c-sec is the best option.

Pinky- thanks alot for that info ill make sure i write that stuff down, i dont feel too worried at the moment im sure i will be scared on the day but people like to scare you when it comes to a c-sec and i dont know why!! im just hoping my hospital has good visiting hours so i dont get lonely, but then again i actually think it will be nice to spend time with baby on my own at first so if i make mistakes or am taking a while to learn something i dont feel pressured around everyone.

im so excited xxxxxxxx

My best mate is the world's worst patient but she actually looked forward to her 2nd c-section. Her first one was an emergency but she said she'd have one every time. She said they made her feel so calm when it was being done xxxxxxxxxx

Ooo one more thing. If you can get (or pay) for a private room, do it! Wards are very noisy!

oh thats a good point, how would i find out about a private room like who would i phone?? coz wouldnt want to ring the labour ward about that...?

pinky how long did it take for your stitches to heal properly? and was the catheter painful or uncomfortable after the anaesthetic has worn off??

xxxx

When is yours booked for hun. Mine is booked for the 26th March!!!!!! Are you excited? I am! I had a emergency with my first so looking forward to this one being nice and calm fx. lol

its either the 26th, 28th or 29th im just waiting for the final date!!! how exciting we could have our babies the same day!! im so excited and i cant believe how relaxed i feel now, so happy the consultant agreed it was for the best im determined to stay positive for the rest of the time now!!

xxxxx

I am feeling really positive about mine to. Hoping that its gonna be a nice calm organised experience that we can look back on fondly. I actually recovered so well after the first c-sec that I am hoping this time will be the same but am aware that I may take longer this time being older and with the arthritis. We could well be the same day. exciting. xxxx

oh thats a good point, how would i find out about a private room like who would i phone?? coz wouldnt want to ring the labour ward about that...?

pinky how long did it take for your stitches to heal properly? and was the catheter painful or uncomfortable after the anaesthetic has worn off??

xxxx

I'm not 100% sure I know ladies were in them and my OH was pissed we weren't offered one. Maybe ring the community midwives, they'll know either who to contact or the procedure.

My stitches were taken out after 5 days and it was pretty much healed but it will be sore and tender for a while I don't even really like touching it even now, it may also feel numb in that area. After about a week maybe 8 days I felt a lot more able every day tho. I sent my OH back to work after a week.

Haha the catheter! I had an epidural so had it inserted early on so not sure what it felt like, I actually managed to rip mine out by mistake and spilt wee all over the floor by moving around and it didn't hurt, then when they finished removing it that didn't hurt at all.

Catheters shouldn't be painful at all, people who have them permanently don't feel them apart from maybe a bit of pressure from the balloon when they first get put in so don't worry about that xxxxxxxxx

ok brill thanks ladies !! any idea how long it will take before im able to stand up and go to the toilet after the operation? as i keep thinking of things like changing my maternity pads and stuff?? if im just laying down how am i meant to change my pad???

soooo excited !!! im just worried hes gonna come before 39 weeks and they wont do the c-sec !!

oh and my hospital doesnt do private rooms :( :( so annoyed as my family said they were going to pay for it for me. oh wel i hope the ward isnt really busy xxxx

They will have you up after the epidural which is about 12 hours. Being 14 years ago I actually can not remember anything about maternity pads or bleeding!!!!!!!!

so for 12 hours how the hell do i change my pad lol?!!!

yeah 14 years is a long time i dont blame you. eeek i hope we go in on the same day! xxx

I don't know HELP!!!!!!!! lol.

I remember most of it but thing like that I am completely blank about. lol.

Going in on the same day would be cool. Am going the week before for a checking in visit. Anyone whos had a planned c-section know what that is about? lol

It'll be like any other pre-op hun, they'll check you for mrsa, bp etc xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back