BOOKED IN FOR C-SECTION!!!!

Bexie

Reaction score
Yikes, I've been booked in for a c-section on the 23 February due to the baby being breech. The consultant is convinced that the baby won't turn as the fluid levels surrounding it are very low which make it more difficult for it to turn.

So in only 3.5 weeks I should be holding my little one. I'm really releived to have a date for delivery and I can't wait to meet my little one.

Has anyone else had a c-section? I'd be grateful for any advice for a quick heal and so on.

Also, any advice on breast feeding after a c-section. I imagine that it is quite difficult what with the stitches.

I know the rugby hold, where you tuck baby under one arm is supposed to be better when you've had a c-section. Also, if you do want to feed from the front, you can support baby's weight on pillows, as long as they don't lean up against you. Good luck with the c-section :hug: :hug: :hug:

Best of luck Bexie...didnt have a section myself but im sure you will be fine!

Try not to worry hun, and dont be put off by all the horribel stories u WILL hear from people, my only advice apart from enjoy it is dont do too much too soon hun let ur body recover xxx

ul b fine hun, theres a few of us who have had sections and we r all fine!!
like cherie says, dont over do ur self after the op and pile cushions on urself for when baby needs to feed!!

well positive side of a section is no problems in ur lu lu and no stitches in tehre ;) hahah

one thing i wud say is dont rush urself after ur section...

midwifes had me breastfeeding on my side, led on my side with madam on her side.. was easy enough...

also dont be too proud to ask for pain relief, i was on regluar paras' but i had to ask for extra (morpheine) as and when needed, which i was like * i dont need them* blah blah but hten i was in agony ...

also make sure u dont run around like a nutter after u extra pain relief ;) as soon as its waers off ull be in agony...

just really all i can say is take it easy, its a big op, let everyone help out as much as poss and you'll be fine...

good luck for ur section!! xx

yay not long to go now hun good luck xxx

I had a really positive experience with c section,even though it wasnt planned-I had a failed 2 day induction so it was a last resort. It was wonderfull, everyone made it so relaxed..the feeling when she was lifted from me was magical and a bit weird!!)

You will be sore afterwards, I was up and about the next morning, but keep on top of your pain killers and get lots of rest. It feels weird walking at first but just take it easy. Baby will be a real distraction from pain, you sort of forget everything when you are holding them :lol:

Good luck, hope you too have a great experience like I did :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back