Breech baby? When will they consider booking me in for a c section?

marley

Reaction score
Hi ladies 33 weeks now, going to have a scan next Thursday!
I know there is still time for the baby to change around.

However, when will the hospital consider options? How many weeks will they let you go with out considering turning or c section. My baby is definitely not being turned.

I don't want an emergency c section if I go into labour while baby is still breech. If I must have a c section I'd rather it was planned.

Thanks ladies x

i was sent for a scan at 37 wks as they thought she was breech n said they would do it there and then.

they wont do it before 37weeks as your not classed as full term

they may even suggest trying to rotate the baby

Thanks hun !

Did you have the c section? Did they Offer to rotate your baby?

Im sure he'll ask to see me again in a few weeks ! X

Hey,

I'm 32 weeks now, and I can feel that LO is still breech (he has been for about 10-11 weeks now.

My midwife said they don't usually act on it, ie look at options, until 36 weeks, so it's probably the same for you

Hope that helps! And hope LO turns!

xx

My baby has been transverse pretty much as far back as I remember but I'm booked for an elective c section already. Got a feelin this one will stay transerse or breech, head always seems to be under my ribs! I don't think I'd want them to try to turn baby tbh having seen it been done - the one I saw they could get baby to budge!

Thanks hun !

Did you have the c section? Did they Offer to rotate your baby?

Im sure he'll ask to see me again in a few weeks ! X

no i had a vaginal delivery with 2 cuts and forceps as when i had my scan they just said she hada big head lmao which made the midwife think she was breech

My baby's breech.

Was at 34 weeks when went for scan to check placenta. I knew it was and had been for weeks but the dr dismissed it and said they turn all the time at this stage.

Saw my mw at 36 wks and bump was still breech, so was sent for a presentation scan where they confirmed..... Although it was obvious!

I'd already read up on my options and knew wt was coming. They put me under quite a lot of pressure to have the ecv procedure, and I stuck to my guns! You have to be adamant if u dont want this done. They will only do this up to 37 weeks.

I knew then that I wd be booked for a c section which I was, which is Monday coming. I'll be 38+5.

Hope this helps
Xx

Thanks hun!

Yes Lynsey! you definately have to stick to your guns, i know they try to persuade you otherwise!

Thanks for the pointers girls!

This baby had been standing up since 16 weeks, i've been for several scans since then and she's not moving for love nor money!

It will be interesting to see what he says next thursday! I'll be 34 weeks, i'm sure he'll ask to see me again at 37 weeks and we go from there x

I'd already read up on my options and knew wt was coming. They put me under quite a lot of pressure to have the ecv procedure, and I stuck to my guns! You have to be adamant if u dont want this done. They will only do this up to 37 weeks.

If my LO has is still standing up at 36 weeks I'll be sticking to my guns as well about the ECV... My mum had one with my younger brother and she said it was the most painful thing she's ever experienced, and then he just turned straight back. It just doesn't seem worth all the pain for a 58% success rate!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back