downs test when you where pregant

katie_lou

Reaction score
i saw this in another section and was wondering what all of you ladies did ....did you have your baby tested for downs ?

We had measurements done but I think that was it? Oh and I had the blood test done as well

yeah i had the blood test at 14 weeks. it wouldnt have made a difference to me really, just wanted to be able to be prepared no matter what.

Last edited:
How long til you got your results bev if you don't mind? x

it was about a week and a half. they said no news is good news and that if there had been a problem they would have contacted me quicker

That's great bev thanks, got mine on Monday and I'm shitting my pants x

im sur eit will be fine cos, this is your miracle girl babby after all :)

Hehehe I hope so, I'll be relieved once the results are in, it's so worrying though isn't it x

i dunno, tbh i wasnt worried about it, im very much a go with the flow kinda person. and i work as a carer anyway so if she had had downs it wouldnt have been so bad to me. downs ppl are so happy and lovely to be around i wouldnt have minded that much. ive found out that everything about babys is a worry pretty much lol from the min you concieve to the mine they leave home i bet. cant believe you still worry and you have done this all before lol

I'm more worried this time for some reason, maybe I was young and naive before ;) x

I was the same, had the measurements and blood test done so we would be prepared either way. I teach special needs children and they are absolute treasures so a positive result wouldn't have changed anything but it was clear. At our hosp they ring if results show anything and send letter about a week later if clear. Good luck and enjoy seeing lo on screen.

I'm more worried this time for some reason, maybe I was young and naive before ;) x

probably cos you have tried so hard and waited a while for this one where the others came a lil easier?

True and I think because I'm older now the risks have increased x

I had the blood test done , got the resuls a week later. my mums aunt had 1 normal child then two ds children xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

I had the nuchal and blood test. DS wouldnt have made any difference to me, but thats not the only conditions that the test is for, the others are more serious. xxx

They couldn't do the nuchal measurement due to his position. I had to have quad blood test instead at 14 weeks. They measure 4 hormones instead of two hormones and measurement. Got the results about 2 weeks later. Honestly, I don't know how I would of felt if I had been told he had downs. I think I would of continued as I know that people with downs live normal happy lives. There is a coffee shop that employs people with downs. They are so lovely and kind. I found I got a much nicer welcome there then any other coffee shop I been to.xx

I had them done and all was fine :cloud9: my step mum had it with my sister and they were pretty sure she had downs but she came out 100% normal :) xx

Larny & Hayden taptalking away :D

Did anyone find that the worry took away from the excitement of the 12 week scan? It's kinda shitting on my parade if I'm honest :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back