Risk of Downs

Littlerayray

Reaction score
Hi all

I have had the results of the Downs test back and our risk is 1 in 19,864. I was just wondering how this compares to what other people have had?? Is this a low chance?

Thanks!

I see you have also posted this thread under pregnancy chat so will answer it again here -
Consider it low hun, I had the screening done too and was 1/67 for Downs and 1/72 for Edwards, I went on to have the amnio and everything came back negative x

Just had a look at your ticker too and you had it done very early, was there a reason for this as they don't tend to do the screening till 16 weeks?

Last edited:
Hiya, yeah thats very low, but I'll be refusing screening, and they can normally pick up that sort of thing at the 20 weeks scan, and I figure thats enough time for me to prepare.

I think it's diffrent in every area when they offer the screening, I was offered it for my next appointment at 12, but I'm going to say no. I will be getting screened though for other stuff like HIV, and Hepatitis :)

Yeah its normal in my area to be screened at the 12 week scan. Thanks for the comments though. x

Yes, I got the screening kit for bloods at my 12 week scan to get done at my 16 week MW appt x

hello

i just had my midwife appointment and i get a nuchal fold scan done and bloods done at the same time as my dating scan....so everywhere must be different..xx

had my 12 week scan last weds, my ticker is one day behind. they do the screening for down's at the 12 week one at my hospital too. waiting for the blood results to come back. That does sound like a low risk you got there x

they did my downs screening at my 12wk scan aswell x

Yep I got mine done at my 12 week scan aswell, I can't remember my exact number, but i was impatient in waiting for my results. So i phoned up my midwife and she gave me the result, the letter came a few days after anyway hehe. But basically she said i was in the lowest category risk. If you are worried hun phone the midwife and she'll be able to talk it through with you. I think your result is fine though :) x

I posted in ur other thread, but had screening done at 12 week scan and took about 2 weeks for hospital to send me letter to say 1 in 15000 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back