Done something daft now need help!

soozy

Reaction score
I used a hair removal cream tonight that i have used before and been fine with it but im now really stingy and sore down below!!!
I never even thought twice about using it but i have been a bit swollen down there the past couple of weeks although its not been sore or itchy but its soooo stingy now especially when trying to wipe after going to the loo.
Is there anything i can do? Im officailly due today so if i end up in labour, im in pain before it even begins! Bloody typical me being stupid :wall2:
I have put some nappy cream on as i have used this before as it seems to relieve itches but its not making any difference and i had a bath straight away too but still sore.
Please help!:roll:

Hmm if it were me id try a cold compress, like a cold flannel as thats the only way I ever find relief with things like that.
If it gets too bad then maybe a couple of paracetomal?
xx

i will try to keep it cooled down. I will put a damp flannel down my drawers lmao. Oh god im so silly sometimes lol. Hope i mind to wash off the nappy cream before going to hospital if i end up in labour cos that would be so embarrassing lmao!!!
thanks hun x

it doesnt feel as sore now but has started to bleed!
I can see any blisters or anything and didnt shave so dont know why its bleeding but it has really irritated me!
If its not better by tomorrow i will need to mention it to midwife when i go to see her (monday) cos this is the last thing i need before giving birth!
I wont be using this stuff again!

Hope the nappy cream was sudocream hun, that stuff is blinding and will really help heal overnight, don't worry

Maybe take some anti inflammatries (ibrufen) to stop the swelling x I was thinking of buying some hair removal cream but I dont think i will now x Hope its better soon x

I used it once down there before I ever thought about getting pregnant. It did also irratate me. I stopped using that stuff as it burn my legs or where ever I used it :( even if I only left it on for the minimum amount of time plus it never seemed to work after a while. Just burned me :(

I think I ended up just using cream and nappy wipes (cool ones) to ease the pain when I when to the loo till it past I was in school at the time so wasn't really doing much movement. I hope you feel better soon x

My only advice would be ask the doctor or midwife for advice if it doesn't improve.

Also doesn't it actually say on the tubes and that not to use in pubic areas? I read that after I used it lol never put it there again x

Yep I cant use this stuff since being preggo, our skin is so much more sensitive, allergic reaction from hell!

It does heal up after a day or two, but the lil blisters might stick around longer. I just went with cold water to soothe it

you should be able to get some sort of cream from the chemist or your gp if it's really irritating you. Try rincing over it with some cool water, see if that helps

It was for sensitive skin and does say "for bikini, legs and under arms". I thought i would use it rather than end up with a rash shaving but would have been better off shaving now :(
Its still bleeding and stings like a biatch when i go for a wee! I will keep using the sudo cream and will have another bath later without bubbles to see if it clears up.
Yeah i wouldnt recommend using it to anyone! I only left it on for about 5 mins and could have left it on for 10 mins so glad i washed it off early. I have midwife tomorrow so if its still sore i will mention it to her. Im supposed to get a sweep tomorrow but i dont want her touching me now lol cos it stings!

ive been told your not supposed to take it either! The strongest ive taken was co codomol and they were on prescription, other than that i have been told only to take paracetamol as everything else is a risk to baby. Maybe it was cos you were in hospital and they were keeping an eye on you but i wouldnt recommend taking them tbh. Just my opinion.

brufen is a definate no no. as soozy said you were under obs at the hospital, totally different taking it at home.

Lol Soozy, I used hair removal cream all over bump a few weeks back cos I was getting so hairy, but had such a bad reaction, my entire bump was bright red and bleeding, stung like hell!!
Hope your irritation goes soon, I just laid cold flannels on mine but there's not a lot more you can do!

it was that Nair sensitive stuff i used so just giving everyone a warning!
I looked it up today and its unbelievable the amount of people who have had the same symptoms all over their bodies with it. A few people said it should not be sold to the public and someone else said they dropped some onto their carpet and it bleached it!
I have used it before and been fine but im so swollen and sore now ive got a good mind to write a letter of complaint lol!

Yep that's the one I have! I've only ever used it on the old upper lip before but even then it makes it ever so red so can only do it in the evening so it goes down overnight! It does the job but definitely isn't 'sensitive' :S

It was veet sensitive that i used .. yeah sensitive my butt lol

Ibruprofen as Momma Kat said is a big no no. It can cause heart defects in the fetus, please dont take it. If you were given it in hospital, it was given for a reason ie the benefits for the mother outweighed the danger to the baby. I would take 2 paracetamol, use a cold flannel to soothe the area and put some sudocrem on it. Then tomorrow tell your midwife, she may be able to help you further xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back