Does baby need a bouncer/swing straight away?

SARAHSTAR

Reaction score
Hi Girls!

I think I have most things sorted for bubsy but I'm not sure about when he/she might need a bouncer or swing.
Lots of you have these on your lists and I was wondering if I should get one straight away or not?

Thanks for advice in advance!

Sarah x

Im not sure either, I didnt have one till my son was about 3mth old, so i tihnk i will hold off till then.

Bouncers can be handy after a few weeks, swings a bit later, maybe 3 months? x

we have got a bouncer that vibrates and a jumperoo for when baby is a little bit bigger. Am thinking the bouncer could be handy when i am trying to get a shower cause can easy take it into the bathroom and it has little things on it to keep baby amused. Hopefully............

Thanks Zoe & Cos, it's so confusing knowing what you do and don't need! x

ive used a bouncer since day one she loves it x

Thanks Lynds! That's a good plan to keep baby amused for 5 minutes! (Hopefully ;))

We're getting one that is suitable from birth, it is a vibrating one and both my sis and SIL have had it for their LO's.

We'll have this before bub is born, for the reason Lynds says - it will be a Godsend for when I need a few minutes to myself

xxxxxxxxxxx

We had a bouncy chair from day one which was usefull when I had a bath or needed the loo but he was a bit small for his big one downstairs to start with, he got into that one at about 3 months!!
xxx

We didn't have a bouncer or a swing at all. They're just unnecessary in my eyes.

we got a swing at about 6 weeks old and it was one of our best buys x

I'm getting a rocking vibrating fisher price thing, it's from birth and my SIL used it for my nephew from birth and he loved it. in fact, she can't pass it on as he still sits in it and it does up to a toddler so we will buy an identical one for Daisy. Xx

We're getting one for use from birth, but to be honest I don't see us using it much until OH goes back to work and I can use it if I have to do something while the baby's awake so it's not just lying there.

It is lovely to hold bubs but trust me your need few moments here and there and a safe place to put bubs is essential , if only to free you for a few minutes . If your in a house may be one up stairs and other downstairs , or maybe have one right near the bathroom , if you need alittle longer like to maybe have a shower then the vibrating or swinging ones are a great help. Of course you can use the moses basket or cot but I prefer baby to understand the different between night and day and I think this helps .xx

I will b using one which is from birth x

It is lovely to hold bubs but trust me your need few moments here and there and a safe place to put bubs is essential , if only to free you for a few minutes . If your in a house may be one up stairs and other downstairs , or maybe have one right near the bathroom , if you need alittle longer like to maybe have a shower then the vibrating or swinging ones are a great help. Of course you can use the moses basket or cot but I prefer baby to understand the different between night and day and I think this helps .xx

I think you are bang on there! its important to me to allow baby to recognise a routine. And the moses basket is only going to be used for night time.

even when baby needs a nap during the day I would like to use the cot in the nursery, but failing that will use the moses basket.

the bouncer will only be for waking time fun! or when mummy needs a cup of tea, pee or a shower!

I have a bouncer upstairs and a Graco swing downstairs. Both are from newborn to 9 months.

I've got a vibrating bouncer then going to progress to a jumperoo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back