• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you having short break away before baby is born??

HannahsBaby

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you girls are having a break away before baby is born? Or thinking about it? I'd love to go away for a week somewhere abroad but fairly close (with aa 3-4 hour flight max) somewhere not too hot. And most of all cheap!! Any ideas? I'd like to get it for oh birthday present, I don't think we can afford it, he's a bit of a misery when it comes to money. ... Any thoughts?

Hello :) In an ideal world, we would also love a break away somewhere, but with work commitments and money factors, I think we will plan a little holiday when the baby is born.. there are many places that would be suitable inc centreparks ( I know its not exactly Ibiza!!) but its still a break! lol

How about going to Crete for a week? We went there last year, it isn't that expensive and was very romantic! Also depends on what time of year you are wanting to go away? x

no holiday for us either we usually try to get our 5 year old to the caravan around July so depending on when and how this little ones decides to be born and when we will see.

Im not keen on the heat so im prob no help to u seeminly lots of good deals though so im told. x

Im hoping me and my husband can get maybe a weekend away.... wont be anywhere fancy but as we live in turkey theres loads of places we want to visit. I know his family will watch my son but Ive never left him for more than a few hours so not sure ill manage a weekend. We will have to go in march though as I come to uk without him for 3 months from april :(

Funnily enough crete and center parcs are on my list hehe!! I've heard that going to center parcs in holland can work out cheaper (I heard this from someone that comes from holland) I think realistically we will prob stay in this country, and center parcs is lovely... X

We're having a weekend away in March to celebrate my OH's Auntie's 50th (and my 30th!) and in August when bubs will be approx 7 weeks old we're going away for a week with the in-laws. Both UK holidays but both are free so couldn't turn them down lol xxx

We are hoping to have a weekend away , we cant really afford much more as we are also house hunting . But I think somewhere not to warm and nice and peaceful is a good idea

No holidays for me :(
Sounds like a good idea though.
X

You should go for it if you can. I would love to go away somewhere but it's just not possible unless someone gives as a free pile of cash... :lol: Think after the baby is born we are going to book something for next year, I can't wait!

We are going to Craig Tara in Ayr for 4 nights in the caravan, not much but just a wee break before baby comes.

Crete would be lovely! If you can afford it you should go for it, a nice relaxing holiday in the sun before baby comes.. Sounds great :)

My friend always manages to get good deals abroad, her and her OH are going abroad next month for 4 nights, £100 each that's including flights and is all inclusive.. I will text her just now and ask for the site she uses x

Last edited:
we have booked to go to the Red Sea in Egypt March 21st, but unless Mubarack decides to step down and the protesters aren't on the streets anymore, I can't see it happening :( gutting, esp when everything has been paid for and the thought of trying to get the money out of the travel insurance companies is making me queasy.

Lastminute.com is ace, we always book holls and breaks through them, the more last minute the better the deal too. Check it out x

We r going to the baby show in birmingham for weekend in may!!
Thats our little time away haha!! Baby will be due 8 weeks later! X

its my birthday on 25th feb so we are planning on going to tenerife for 4 days cant wait thats if we can get a good deal so we will see

I've been to Benidorm a few times (most recently back last Wednesday) but would love a week in the sun just chilling

is there any where else that would be warm at this time of year that why we chose tenerife

I've just booked New York in March and can't wait!! We have had to cancel our wedding due to our little bundle of joy being a bit unexpected so we've decided to blow our honeymoon fund on last blow out holiday!

Was talking to friends of ours last night who are thinking of having a baby and the one thing both me and my husband said we regret is not going on holiday before Blake arrived.

We are not going to be in the position again where it's just the two of us on holiday for a long long time. We were toying with the idea and nearly booked something but then my OH broke his arm and lost 10 weeks worth of overtime so we decided it wouldn't be sensible to spend money on a holiday.

Sod being sensible! I so wish we'd gone away - even if only for a weekend.

If you can, do it ladies!!!!

Hey all
Think were gonna book a last min Tenerife all inclusive! Prob the week before we want go go in march so get a fab deal (hopefully)!

Not bothered where as long as clean and nice food! Just wanna lounge for a week and do nothing!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back