Any 'older' ladies TTC

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
Hi, Ive been told Im classed as an older mum to be as Im over 35....(38 on 1st March) and wondered if theres any other more mature ladies TTC too?

I would also love to be walking this road with someone else who I can compare symptoms, anxieties, worries BFN/BFP's etc etc with on a regular basis if anyone wants to be my obsession buddy.....lol!!

Im testing on the 11th......anyone want to hang out let me know.....Im driving my DH insane.....

Is anyone else feeling like TTC is taking over their lives?

I promised myself I wouldnt let this happen now I cant stop thinking about it.....

Is this normal?

Ive never been TTC before as I got preg month after stopping pill with my daughter 16 years ago!!!

xx

Welcome to the forum!
I can't help you with the part about being an 'older' lady but i can say that you probably have a couple of hundred TTC obssesion buddies to share every test, symptom and worry with right here on the forum!! Lol.

Wolfy
xx

Hey Wolfy......

Thanks for your reply....god I was biginning to think I was alone in this insane trip.....haha!

DH is totally excited at the thought of us having another child too but I just dont think the majority of men get as carried away with it all as much as us ladies do....so glad to hear I can come on here and rant about wanting to test 10 times a day....lol!

Thanks.... ;-) xx

Lol, my OH rolls his eyes every time the subject even comes up xD He really wants a baby but he's just happy to be there when it comes along... I on the other hand want one now! Hehe....

xx

Ha yes I get that too lol! Hee hee its hard to try and stay focussed without getting totally hyper over it all isnt it!!! And yeah....Im like that too......I want it NOW!!!!!!!! I think coz I got preg straight away with my daughter it will happen that way this time too....Im forgetting Im 16 years older to start with as well as all the other nastys my body is putting up with these days! lol!

We can only but try!!! lol xx

I know i am going to be a nightmare, so would be lovely to have you to share this experience with......... :wave:

I lost a baby at 12 weeks a while back so still trying for my first......

Are you taking vitamins, following a healthy diet, giving anything up ?. Let me know what your doing........

Good luck and look forward to this fantastic journey.....

Hi to both Wilma and Loobie , I was in the TTC club and am now 7 weeks pregnant (fingers crossed it stays that way).

I have three kids 10,9 and 8 and I am also classed as an older mum this time round at 36, (will be 37 when I have the baby).

Wishing you all the baby luck and hope to see you soon with Older mum BFP's!:)

Hi JJ and loobie.....CONGRATS JJ....you must be so excited..... :)

Hey Loobie...sorry to hear of your loss....sending you hugs..... Im not taking any supplement vits other than preconcieve folic acid suppliment and I also have vit b12 injections every 4 weeks as I have a blood deficiency. Have however taken on a low fat healthy eating approach as I am also very overweight since becoming a wheelchair user so slowly loosing weight too...3.5lbs this week yeyyyy!!!

Husband is also a big bloke so we started healthy eating first week in Jan and hes also loosing weight too so trying...neither of us drink or smoke so nothing to cut out there...but hes 40 next month and Im 38 next month so odds stacked against us already......Been trying since getting coil removed 13th jan so very early days for us but Im driving myself and him crazy....its all I can think about, and the first and last thing I think about at night and in the morning!! Having lots of symptoms atm but also prob just down to my cycly regulating after 10yrs of no AF!!

So jump aboard and lets enjoy the ride....and yes JJ.....hopefully weve got some older mums BFP very soon....good luck ladies.....xxx

I'm not TTC but I'm 37 as well :yay: It's a fine age isn't it? ;)

Best of luck in your journey and Welcome to the Forum :)

Thanks Mamafy.....glad to be here.....its great being able to talk about anything and everything that us ladies need to ask whilst TTC etc etc....thanks again!!

hello

I'm definitely in the older category, 39. I got pregnant accidentally but miscarried at 7 wks. Now I don't know what to do, my oh already has two boys so he's not desperate but would be happy if I wanted one. I don't know because I would be 40 by time baby was born, assuming I can carry full term, the risks seem a lot higher for baby's health, I know this from when I was pregnant reading info that was worse than some horror films! lol Anyway 37/8 seems so much younger risk wise!

Hey bix.....sorry to hear of your loss..... I suppose if you think that if you had not lost your baby you would have then carried on with the pregnancy and would have been happy to do so.....so I suppose TTC again isnt that unrealistic despite your age etc.....I say if it feels right go for it.....hard decision I appreciate but if its something you really want....do it! Hope to see you in the TCC forum a lot more and good luck xxx

Sorry about what happened Bix, Well said Wilma! Go with what feels right, you can weigh up risks all night long. Old mums need kids to keep them young! sit back and watch the years roll back chasing it around! good luck with whatever you decide to do, JJ

Good luck to you too Wilma

:ttc:

Thank you both, I finished a bit abruptly yesterday as had a phonecall but the gist of it was there. I would definitely have continued with pregnancy So I can see what you're saying, maybe I should just relax and see what happens...
Good luck to you both and thanks xx

No probs Bix....Im sure you will relax in your own good time and things will hopefully just happen....good luck to you too and hope you stick around here...these ladies really are great for support xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back