have you told anyone you're ttc?

pinkclara

Reaction score
hi girls

i'm a newbie but have been ttc for 4 months.

just wanted to know if you've told friends/family that you're ttc - we haven't; not really sure why it would just feel strange and couldn't bear being asked every month.

so pleased i've found this forum. DH is fabulous and we talk about everything but he doesn't want to talk about this at the moment as he feels its making me obsessed and says "its only been four months - lets just see what happens"

anyway, i can't really force the issue as he had 5 years of IVF in his previous marriage, so can understand why he feels this way.

wondering if i should "tell" close friends - was about to talk to BF during lunch the other day and she announced her BFP before i had chance! really pleased for her, but had built myself up to talking to someone. so glad i've now got everyone here.

clara x

I wasnt going to tell anyone but then cudnt help it as i was excited have told people that we are just seeing how it goes till after xmas tho and then will ttc properly, altho really ive been ttc my very hardest since may and if i thought i wudnt b pregnant by now(niave i know!)i wudnt have told anyone.

My bf is pg to im so pleased for her but just really hope its me nxt!!!

Fx for you hun.

MIchelle. x

I think ts probably fairly obvious to most people after the still birth, but i have told my best friend, my mum and my husband ;)

I think ts probably fairly obvious to most people after the still birth, but i have told my best friend, my mum and my husband ;)

Oh and another friend who did the whole OPK thing and now is pregnant, i thought her advice would be useful x

no...we are not telling anyone ...yet...unless we have major problems then i think ill need some support
but for now its mine and dh's little secret and we love it!!!!reckon itll be hard if one of our friends announces their pg tho!
xxx

Both sets of parents know and both our brothers and my best friend. I think aoot of people assume we are as both late 20's and married. When people ask tho i just say we r jyst seein how things go wen in actual fact we aee doing the whole shabang to ttc. Dh was v diplomagic tge other day wen one of his mates asked he just said its been discussed lol.xx

a few friends know - same as bellarina - just said we are seeing what happnens - havent told them i am using opks and turning into a charting monster!! we are also late 20s and been married for a few yrs so i think more ppl know but they would never ask.

Well I wasnt going to tell anyone and told my OH not to tell anyone so he didnt........then I told all my closest friends (4 of them) one of my friends kinda new before me as she so wants to be aunty ***** LOL! I havent told any family members. Because of this I kinda felt bad so I told my OH that he can tell his best mate (as they are having a baby in approx 4 months after a mc :) ) and he told his parents (what im not really that happy about but I cant blame him)

I think I will regret it a bit if it takes a long time for me to conceive but I can not help telling all my friends about my monitor, about my L phase, about all the vits im taking etc. Im sure if I havent conceived in the next few months they will stop listening to me! ;) x

DH and I haven't told anyone, we are only on month one and we want to see how things go really, could do without the pressure. We've always said that we wouldn't have kids till we moved into a house (in a flat now) but decided there wasn't much point in waiting any longer, and as it could take a while we decided to get a head start. So no one's clocked on. Fell like I'm carrying around a massive secret though!

only 2 of my mates no we are ttc. one of which is a long time ttc er and is finding it hard so felt i needed to share the news with her as we have bin trying since last new year, i help her thou tough days an vice versa. also told my bestie as she is like my rock nos how i tick and how to control me angry, sad or happy lol (very few can hehe). all the emotions to do with ttc dont think id cope if they didnt no. xx

Last edited:
Nope!

Only 1 friend and a work colleague know about my 2nd and 3rd losses so I guess they can both deduce we're TTC. They also both know I am going to recurrent M/c clinic.

I also confided in my B-I-L when I was drunk!

Everyone else (close family and a few friends) know I had a M/c in May but that's it.

We have decided not to tell any of our friends / family but I'm finding it really difficult as I get asked constantly about having children and I feel like I'm lying when I make up some excuse. I am trying not to discuss too much with OH about OPks and dates as I don't want him to feel under pressure although I can tell how disappointed he is after BFNs

I really didn't expect to be this obsessed about TTC but I'm like this with everything once I decide to do something ha ha.
Baby dust to everybody xx

We said we wouldn't tell anybody, but then I spilled all to my best friend as I was so excited. My husband knows that I've told her, but not the amount we chat about it! We've been trying for 4 months (feels just soooo much longer) so it's nice to have someone to rant to when AF turns up. My work colleagues suspect as I go bright red when they ask about children etc!, can't lie to save my life! I don't think I'd tell anyone else, but it is nice having someone to chat to apart from my husband.
good luck to everyone

thank you to everyone for the replies - its fab to feel like i'm 'talking' about this to all of you, ttc seems to consume all my thoughts at the mo :roll:

I have told a few people that we are seriously trying using Opk's etc but tbh, I have always said I want a baby and now that I have been married a year, I think people are expecting it anyway! The list of people who know seems to get longer and longer though! I just get too excited! God knows how I'll keep a bfp a secret- my face will be like an open book!

Best of luck for your bfp hun!

XX

I have told my 2 best close mates, and my parents know. I have had to have loads of tests and stuff, been diagnosed with PCOS, so wanted to talk to my mum.

only my friend and hubby know. I told just one good friend as she has kids already so it was easy to talk to her. Everyone says you will be next but I said nah I won't be. But inside I'm busting thinking I can only pray!x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Both my husband and I decided not to tell our parents because.....

1. His mother is already being a pushy MIL and keeps on asking when we are going to start trying.... unfortunately she found out because overheard a conversation hubby and I were having when we were around there place. Now pretty much everyone in hubby's family knows and to be frank I just feel like crying.... Hubby's twelve year old cousin asked me if we were pregnant yet the other day and I nearly burst into tears.

We have only been TTC for three months now but I am already feeling the pressure and this just adds to it. To top it all off my SIL is pregnant for the second time and her and her husban seem to have no issues what so ever. Hubby's BIL has taken upon himself to be a right tool about everything and may sarcy comments to hubby which really gets him down. SIL isn't exactly being ultra supportive either....

2. My parents think I am way too young to have children (I am 24) and think that I should continue being a career woman.... I have a fairly good job but it's not for me, I don't love it.... Children on the other hand make my heart smile and I adore them.

I told three of my closet friends who know me inside out. They are being so supportive and they know how long I have wanted children for.

I just feel under so much pressure now to please everyone....

Sorry for the rant but because of my whole parents Vs. in law situation I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Good luck ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back