Does anyone elses baby hiccup a lot?

prettypenguin

Reaction score
Mine seems to hiccup at least every other day, and for around half an hour at a time, to the point where I feel queasy. I'm just wondering if it happens to anyone else as it doesn't seem normal to have hiccups that much. I don't drink fizzy drinks often and if I do it's usually stuff like diet coke or coke zero or soda water and I haven't drank any for days. My mum said when she was having me I used to hiccup a lot and all my life whenever I've got them (and I only usually get them from laughing too much) it takes ages for them to go away.

Thanks for reading(I seem to posting loads on here as well, feels better than mithering the midwife every week) xx

yh this baby bloody hiccups more than kicks now, sweet, caffinated or gassy things set it off more for me

dont remember having it at all with first

ahh that's ok then....it must be sweet things, i do crave like kids sweets lately although I try and stay away as they make my teeth feel awful lol, thanks guys :) xx

mine hiccups 3 times a day, only lasts about 5 mins each time. The hiccups are because the babys lungs are getting ready, its practicing using its diaphragm. its fine the more they hiccup i hope the better their lungs are ready for the outside world.

Last edited:
What does it feel like when the baby is hiccuping? xxx

I was going to ask if its normal for them to hiccup so regular too.. mine does it at least 5 times a day lasting 5mins minimum..

they feel like regular little twitches in the same place, evenly spaced.. just gentle pops lol
i never had them with my first.. my second had them every now and then, but this one is constant!

Ahh ryt. Don't think i've felt them, maybe it's a bit early for me.

ah that's good then he can hiccup all he likes haha, although I hope he doesn't get these amazing lungs to scream the house down with. yeah it's hard to explain, when I first started feeling them I confused them for softer kicks. My mum said he might be a really greedy baby as I was and hiccuped a lot. xx

God, mine seems to perminatly have hiccups and makes me feel really funny like fingers scraping down a chalk board! It gets them at least 5 or 6 times a day (and has done for at least 10 weeks) and seems to last forever to me, prob cos I hate it! Its like a knocking on my pubic bone! Its the one thing I've moaned about a lot with this pregnancy! I've tried different food and drink but nothing makes any difference. I often go to bed feeling them and wake up feeling them! My hubby always has hiccups so I'm blaming him for passing on his hiccuping genes!!

Ahh ryt. Don't think i've felt them, maybe it's a bit early for me.

Your about the right stage really I'd say.. Depends if baby gets them or not..

Poor u Sarah :( must be horrible that u don't like it.. It only bothers me sometimes when I'm trying to concentrate or relax... Always low on my right lol tickles sometimes lol!

it doesn't bother me but if ive not eaten for a while and he does it for more than half an hour at a time i start feeling sick but thats the same when he moves a lot, epecially as theres not a lot of room xx

Yup it's normal, they practice breathing the amniotic fluid. Yuk. Don't envy that. Mine hasn't started doing it yet.

Luckily for me, little bubba hasn't hiccuped at all! I hate hiccups myself, so if my daughter started doing it...I think my boyfriend would have a headache ;)

I remember when I was pregnant with my little boy, he was always hiccuping!
You will know what it is if the do it - feels just like someone hiccuping inside you!
I used to love it, made it all real that i was carrying a little person, and he was ok. xxxxxx

Ive had them a couple of times but they only lasted bout half a min.
Babies get them not just because of what we have eaten or drank, but they also cause it themselves by gulping down the amniotic fluid :)

Last edited:
Bean Sprout seems to love hiccuping, especially when I am relaxing. During the day they only last for short periods but without fail every night she seems to get them just as I am starting to fall asleep and they seem to last forever and become annoying. I do love her moving but the repetitive nature of hiccups just drives me crazy :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back