Does anyone else?

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hey!

Does anyone else have really irrational thoughts if baby doesn't move when he/she usually does?

I was lying in bed this morning and usually bub's moves like mad as soon as I wake up so it's my fave time to hold my belly and feel him wiggling. This morning I laid in bed moving around for 2 hours trying to get him to move and he wouldn't so the irrational-ness kicked in .....

*I've over heated in the night and he's got too hot!
*The gnat bite I got on my elbow on Friday has poisoned him!
*He knows I moan when he kicks my ribs and now somethings wrong!

Then I decided I was being stupid and he's just asleep, 2 mins later I was saying to myself "If he just gives me a little kick to tell me he's ok i'll never moan about him booting me again ..... still nothing.

I got up in the end, sat down for brekkie and HE STARTED KICKING!!!! :lol:

Then I felt relieved but mostly embarrassed that i'd over reacted!! :lol:

Anyone else do this?? xxx

I'm exactly the same. Like you, as soon as I've woken up beany tends to start kicking but if I haven't had anything I panic and start poking him and changing positions until I feel just one little kick.
I spend all day feeling for his movements just so I feel reasssured that he's happy in there.

I'm exactly the same too girls, although she doesn't seem to wake up till I have breakfast :lol: naughty baby! But yes, I start worrying and then she moves around and I feel a bit daft :roll: The last few evenings its felt like she's going to pop out like in the Alien film :shock::lol:

lol glad i'm not the only one! God knows what we'll be like when our little ones are actually here! x

I did that yesterday morning! I'd had a dream about him in the night and then when I woke up I expected to feel him kick. I had a little panic but then he started kicking once I'd eaten breakfast. Look at all the babies that love it when we eat! xx

My boy's not fussed when I eat, I just get a beating whever I sit still! lol x

I did this yesterday morning. Normally he's kicking me when I first wake up. I had to give him a bit of a poke to wake him up.

I have noticed a reduction in his movement now so I'm trying not to panic a bit.

PMSL at the nat bite hahahaha!
It is the kind of thing I do though!
Bubs wasnt moving this morning & I immedietly thought she must have been poisoned by the omlette I ate last night as the egg mustve been undercooked, what a nob i am lol x

I am exactly like this, my LO has reduced movements now and again...bit of a lazy time for her i think xxx

Last edited:
lol glad i'm not the only one! God knows what we'll be like when our little ones are actually here! x

I think I'll just sit and stare at her to make sure she's still breathing :whistle::lol:

x

Lol, you will!
I have to have a peek every now and again, just to check her chest is moving! Quite annoying in the middle of the night, when all you want to do is sleep!
x

Man i am I grateful for this post! I thought I was the only one with weird thoughts. When I couldnt feel the LO kick, I started to think, maybe things arent ok. I had a g/f who had a still born and I cant get this fear out of my head. I am always thinking something is wrong when LO doesnt kick. mothers instinct is right, right? Then I think the little one has had enough of playing tricks on me and gives me a huge kick to remind me she/he is still here.

I think we worry because we love them so much already and want to be sure that they are ok. After reading these posts I feel a little more "normal"

After worrying yesterday morning my OH's Parents finally got to see my bump moving!! It's taken 32 weeks because the little monkey doesn't perform for a crowd! They were so chuffed! It's their 1st Grandchild! :) x

Hey, mm.. common practice I reckon; my bean moves usually in the morning, at some point in the afternoon and in the evening; If she does not, then I start thinking the worse... 'why did I complain about her moving too much, now I have cursed her' and stuff like that. I lay there thinking, please just a movement, anything.. just so I know you are okay in there... and I wait.. lol..

I do tend to use my doppler and I have to say it alleviates a lot of worry, but I cannot check her all day can I. I have a job.. lol..

I think it is really normal to be worrying; imagine how much you will worry when your bump has gone and you have that little person in your arms... scarey lol..

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back