Advice please

LucyB.

Reaction score
Baby was very active yesterday!

He usually wriggles loads when I wake up but this morning he didn't, even when I poked and prodded at my belly, I got up and ate and I had some wriggles, they lasted about 2 minutes. I then felt him have hiccups about an hour later, then we went for a meal and he wa kickin my ribs loads during it. Then we walked home from the meal in the hot weather and I was exhausted!!!! Like literally had to keep stopping and my bump got really achy. I then didn't feel him for about 4 hours and i got really irrationally upset, in tears to the OH who put the Doppler on my belly and found heartbeat immediately nice and fast and strong like it usually is when we see the midwife, he's moved a few times since then but it's just on my mind that when I pokes at him this morning he wouldn't move and now when I poke he's not moving he just rolls over occasionally? My mum says its normal to feel a bit of a decrease in movement.

Reading this post back I sound like a mad hormonal bitch! I think I'm havin a really emotional day cos now I've typed it out it seems like he's moved loads, but I just keep stressing about movement and getting upset about it irrationally! Does anyone else? Xxx

It's totally normal for movement to decrease, but also totally normal to have a breakdown about it lol!! It just prepares you for how much you'll worry about l/o when they arrive I'm afraid ;)

How many weeks are u. It could be a growth spurt. My little man goes quiet for a spurt then mental the next day xxx

I have days like this all the time hun, it is really hard not to worry but really it does sound like your LO is ok and was just sleeping this morning. Sometimes I give LO a prod and she doesn't react, but you sound like you have had plenty of movement throughout the rest of the day. They defo do change their movements the bigger they get, more moving than kicking/punching. Sometimes I can feel her bum and then a few mins later I'll rub that spot and it's not there anymore and I haven't felt a thing!

Try not to worry, but never feel you can't call MW or hospital, I always worry to get in their way or waste their time but they are always so good and helpful and understanding.

xxx

I just get so irrational when it comes to this subject. Tonight was the first night I almost called the hospital but then my OH found the hb and he started wriggling and then I was at ease. I have had a lot of movement but because he didn't move for about 4 hours I just got totally panicked! Thanks for ur replies girls, it's so nice to know I'm not the only one that panics xxx

On Monday when I got home from work I was convinced I hadn't felt any movement all day, when I normally would have done. Looking back now I think it's just that I had a horribly hectic day and wasn't paying as much attention as I would normally do. Anyway, I got in such a panic and was about to ring the MAU at our hospital when I felt a few little kicks. I was still completely freaked out and having a proper panic but wouldn't ring them 'cos I felt like an idiot, but my OH rang them and spoke to them and told me to have a freezing drink, lie on my side for an hour, and ring them back if we were still worried after that.

Since then LO has been going mad in there (or I'm just paying obsessive attention to every single movement), mostly while I'm trying to sleep - think he or she is teaching me a lesson for getting so freaked out!

Hopefully everything will be fine from now on, but if I am worried again (seems quite likely, I worry about everything :roll: ) I'll definitely be ringing them as OH said they were really nice and reassuring when he spoke to them.

I don't like ringing the hospital even though everyone says they are lovely, I just feel like a pest! But baby comes first and I was so close to ringing but then I calmed down a bit and realised I was being silly! Sometimes I convince myself I haven't had movement too! It's so worrying xxx

I don't like ringing the hospital even though everyone says they are lovely, I just feel like a pest! But baby comes first and I was so close to ringing but then I calmed down a bit and realised I was being silly! Sometimes I convince myself I haven't had movement too! It's so worrying xxx
That's exactly how I felt, and I was sure they were going to tell me I was being an idiot, which is why I was refusing to ring them but OH said it was clearly the only thing that was going to calm me down so he talked to them for me - they must have thought I was mad not talking to them myself but never mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back