Settled routine gone to pot after injections - is it linked?

andreag

Reaction score
Hi
Charlotte is 13 weeks old, and had her second lot of injections last week. She also has a bit of a cold but nothing too serious. we used to have a good bedtime routine with bath, feed and bed. she would either fall asleep feeding and stay asleep, or else i could put her to bed awake and she would fall asleep herself. However, since the cold and injections, she has been really difficult to settle at night - screaming for england. I think she is overtired, on monday she wouldn't settle and i resorted to bringing her down to rock the pram, and was asleep in mins and didn't wake up for 7 hours - she hadn't even had her feed!. when she wakes for her night feed, she is rfine and will go back awake and get herself off to sleep. The thing is she is sleeping much more in the day than before. The HV says not too worry as when she is awake, she is bright and alert and happy. I would feel better though if anyone else has had a similar experience, and if so if it resolved itself overtime?
Thanks
andrea

I have found that all sorts of things can unsettle a routine and things like injections, illness, teething and growth spurts are the main ones. It seems just as you have it sussed the poop hits the fan! :lol:

This is still the case with my son who is now nearly 23 months old and I have been assured this will happen for the next 18 years or so :wink:

The main thing is - try not to worry too much and stick to the routine that suits so there is continuity for baby - they will settle again until the next thing pops up to put a spanner in the works. I know I was (and on occasions still am) such a worry head and way way too uptight as I was so eager for everything to be right and perfect - but have now learnt that it cant always be perfect so try to go with the flow and relax more about everything. (having said that - lets see how I am with baby no 2! lol). Hope things settle down soon for you.

:hug: :hug: andreag :hug: :hug:
I've been thinking it's possible, as Isaac seems to have changed at bedtime after recently having his 3rd imms, though he was fine after his 1st and 2nd :think:
I do hope it all settles down for you, and I, both andreag, very best wishes :hug:

hi ya

Freya was terrible after her 1st ones for about 3 nights then settled again. the 2nd ones are due now and i keep delaying it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back