Do you miss being pregnant?

Gill09876

Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm loving motherhood and my precious bundle of joy and happier than I've ever been but after the birth I couldn't help feeling slightly sad that the pregnancy journey was over, it was the best time if my life, from the scans, to the antenatal classes, to the shopping for my pink nursery, the baby shower, my lovely midwives who took care of us who I will miss and as mad as it sounds I loved being on the ward with the mums and babies, it was such a lovely atmosphere and the staff looked after us so well.

I would love to re-live it. Ah maybe in a couple of years!

Does anyone feel the same?

Thanks xx

Honestly... No i don't miss it lol i didn't have the easiest of pregnancies. I had gestational diabetes with my first which meant constant hospital visits which at first was ok but soon got tiring. I had very big babies because of it and by 7-8 months could not do a thing!

I did enjoy the movement side of it watching them kicking me but other than that it was aweful for me lol

I had the worst pregnancy ever but I still miss my bump everyday. Miss feeling him wiggle and kick and miss how confident & beautiful I felt with my big bump!

Definately miss it .... Miss the excitement of it all, those first precious moments. Still enjoy every single moment with my little man and I too can't wait for it to happen all over again (minus the awful awful birth this time ha) !! But in a few years .... Xx

No, don't miss it at all, except for perhaps the kicking - that was incredible. I had two difficult pregnancies - pre-eclampsia/emergency c-section plus a bleed at 22 weeks with my first and gestational diabetes/polyhydramnios/hypertension with my second. I love my two babies but have no desire to be pregnant ever again!!!

Yup I'm with Ella! Hence having the implant put in, i never want to go through another c-section ever again.

Yes so much I had two close so was basically pregnant for two years. I used to look up at the shower laid in the bath and see my big bump and love it, today I looked up and just saw my big belly and wasn't so happy! xx

I missed it and look at me now :lol: Always said I would wait a few years before having another. My daughter wasn't even 1 before we conceived this one. She will be 18 months when baby is born xx

I missed it and look at me now :lol: Always said I would wait a few years before having another. My daughter wasn't even 1 before we conceived this one. She will be 18 months when baby is born xx

I was the same I always said 'having two close is my worst nightmare' five months after DD was born I found out I was pregnant again xx

Yup I'm with Ella! Hence having the implant put in, i never want to go through another c-section ever again.

Yep, amen to that!!! lol. I went straight back on the pill and OH is having his little op this year :)

redbear - I feel like I've been pregnant since 2011! 21 months between mine, nowhere near as close as one of my work colleagues who had 13 months (!), but still close enough.

I had an easy pregnancy & don't miss my bump, he's right here with me! I do miss the excitement of it all though, want to get my body back before number 2 though & defo won't eat so much next time!!!! Lol x

Yeh I have a 14 month gap, I had four real months not pregnant in the middle found out on the fifth, I have had two birthdays, Christmas's, Halloweens everything! xx

Not a chance, I'd always said I wanted 2 but after one with being horribly projectile vomiting sick all the time, constant migraines and a bottom bit that could've been left incontinent am saying no thank you. Not with a tiny age gap and not with a big one. Pregnancy is not for me and the healing down below even less. I would never want a c-section and I would never want to risk a fourth degree tear... So am left with very little options. But I'm very happy with just having the one, I dislike my post pregnancy body and do feel like I looked better with bump but looking at my mothers' or grand mothers' for that matter am quite happy to eventually get back in shape with what am left with and not inflate myself again..

No!! I hated pregnancy but would do it'll over gain for Hannah. I loved labour and birth though, would love to Do that gain lol x

I hated being pregnant both times because I worry so so much but my daughter was a lazy baby and hardly moved. I miss being pregnant soooo much! I want another one close in age as there's a 3 year gap with my son and daughter id like a 12 month one next hopefully lol xx

I didnt enjoy the end bit but now its over I do really miss it, I think I miss that anticipation of going into labour etc, cant wait to do it again even after a horrendous birth xxx

I do for a short while then I feel happy that I don't have pee every 20 minutes, I can lay on my front, breathe properly etc etc!!! Lol x

I miss it terribly. My daughter is 10 months old and I genuinely love every minute with her but since the day I left hospital I missed being pregnant :( I get seriously jealous everytime I see a pregnant lady. Like someone else said, I was so confident with my bump, it was the happiest I've ever been with myself! It's only my head telling me to make the most of my daughter before number 2 which is stopping me ttc again!

Yep I miss it!! I had a nice pregnancy apart from bleeding in tri 1. Had anterior placenta so I feel like I missed out on movement as hardly felt anything and Emily ended up breach so also feel like I missed out on labour experience (mad I know) as had to have planned section!

Id like two kids and wouldn't leave it long as I'm an old crone now and it took two years to conceive Emily (never thought would happen) I'm just worried I won't have such a nice experience as no pregnancies are the same :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back