• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you believe .........Post your stories and opinions

Melly+2

Reaction score
........ in ghosts. Just a random subject but id love to know your views. I do definatly, is there anyone else? Any stories would be wicked as i love to hear em all im very facinated with this kind of stuff :hug:

Yep i defo do! :)

Not long after my uncle dave died i heard a man (from the heavy steps) walking up the stairs at my mum & dads house and it got to the top of the stairs and stopped. I thought it was my Dad messing around so had a look and there was no-one there.

Also my brother got a missed call on his mobile from the home phone one time when he was in the shower and there was only him in the house.

Nothing ever bad, it was as though he was saying goodbye. Love u uncle dave xxx

i don't believ in ghosts but i do believ that people come back as sometimes i swear i see my nan and she has been dead 11years nearly

With me i have a wierd sense in houses, then others i dont feel anything if you get me. Mine, my bfs old house felt really wierd to me but my mums new house i dont :think:

hehe when a house feels wierd i dont sleep well, like ours i have to sleep with the light on
:shock:

im scared of the dark so believing in them makes it worse

I don't believe in ghosts. (Over the entire existence of human kind, surely someone would have found some concrete evidence by now :think:)

However, my step dad died in the bungalow I live in and to say he was a good man would be lying! Every now and then when I'm on my own I feel like someone is standing behind me. Whenever I turn around as quickly as I can, there is no-one there. You know that feeling when suddenly there is someone behind you and you're actually surprised when you turn around that no one is there. Well it's like that. Luckily I don't believe in ghosts or I might be scared!

i beleieve in ghosts which may exist around us. But i hate the word ghost. Its a bit of a silly word :lol:

ive never experienced ghosts but i have never seen the hanging gardens of babylon but i know they are there.

I believe in ghosts but I don't believe in Most Haunted :lol:

I defo beleive in them!!

I have had so many experiances that they must be true.

* When I was younger I lived on the family farm that had been in our family since my great great great gandparents. Next to the farm house there are two other houses, my parents and my aunt and uncles, if you were to walk from these to the farm house you would pass the main drive to the farm house with big white gates but if you kept walking (only another 20 steps or so) there was the big close next to the byre... well anyway, when I was little I refused to walk there as I always said I saw 2 men and they were harmless just scared me... well I described them one day years later and my dad and uncle just about pooped themselfs as I had described my grandfather and the shephard perfectly and they had both died in the 1960's

* When I was in having Arianna just in the final stages of having her my Dad was at home and woke up through the night (we hadn't called him to say how close I was) he woke at 1.10am and said he just paced the floor until 1.40am - Arianna was born at 1.32am - I am 100% sure it was my Mum (who passed away 5yrs ago) telling him his granddaughter was about to arrive.

There have been loads more... my Mum was the same when she was 14 she was taken into hospital as her appendix burst, after the surgery she was a still a bit dopey with the drugs but she said she saw a tall man in uniform guarding her bed... again she described it to my nan (her Mum) and it was my Mum's Dad who died in the war while my Nan was still preg with my Mum. He was in his RAF uniform.

im glad im not the only one my bf makes me feel like a right nutter :twisted:

Urchin said:
I believe in ghosts but I don't believe in Most Haunted :lol:

LOL ditto!

Ive seen my grandad who died when my mum was little, ive seen my childhood cat, and ive had visits from my nan.

Im quite open minded, which I think you need to be to see/feel one in the first place!

I walked into a friends house once and immediately felt this very dark suppressing presence, I got goosebumps and this really horrible feeling that we were being watched, I told my friend about it and she said she had been seeing things "out of the corner of her eye" and when she turned the landing light out she always felt like someone was behind her. She moved out pretty soon after and her new place doesnt have the same feeling atall.

I think that buildings can carry the energy of strong characters or events, weve all walked into a flat or house we're viewing and its just "felt" right or wrong without us knowing why, I think that this is connected to spirits....a house with a "bad" atmosphere/energy can make us feel like we are being watched and perhaps see things that arnt there?

So I do believe in ghosts - I have to because I have seen them, but I dont think every wierd feeling can be put down to a "presence," more of a left over energy which can easily be cleansed from the property.

I don't know whether I do or not. Mum seems to think they do (spirits she says, whether that's the same I don't know) but I've never seen/felt anything ever but perhaps I'm just not intune with that kinda stuff. I certainally don't dismiss the theories and stories I hear but I suppose I'm on the fence with it. I do believe in "something" but quite what I'm not 100% sure.

I very much like to keep an open mind on the subject. So far I've seen little to suggest that they do but you never know.

I do get angry when vulnerable people are taken advantage of by fakes willing to give them something to believe in though. :roll: And stuff like 'Most Haunted'. How can they make so many series out of NOTHING? It's so dull.

Mind you, if I was a spirit, Derek Acorah and Yvette Fielding would be the last people I'd want to appear to :lol:

Minxy said:
Mind you, if I was a spirit, Derek Acorah and Yvette Fielding would be the last people I'd want to appear to :lol:

Hehe im with you there hun that show is poo i used to believe it was real till ppl told me other wise :shakehead:

I never thought I would believe, but then I moved in with my O/H and his Mum before we bought our own place and the wierdest things happened:

1. I walked out of the bathroom onto the dimly lit landing and started talking to someone standing in front of me who I though was my mother in law only for the person to dissapear after about a second!!!

2. O/H and I were lying in bed and his yorkshire terrier was lying on the bed too, then something caught my eye coming up the stairs next to our bed but when I looked properly I couldn't see anything, the wierd thing was that the dog looked too and her head followed something right up the stairs and straight into the bathroom which is opposite the top of the stairs, then she jumped off the bed and stood at the bathroom door barking!!!

3. Me my O/H and his mom were watching the Green Mile when their parrot started growling (he usually does this to the dogs if they get too close to the lounge door but the door was shut) then about 3 seconds later a vase fell off the mantle piece!!!!

Other strange things happend too in that house but this post is long enough!!!
Anyway, now I am a firm believer!!!!!

was in the living room with my mum once and we went into the kitchen for a drink went back in and the plug switch for the telly had switched to off only my mum and me in the house :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back