Any moneymaking ideas?

Funkylady

Reaction score
This credit crunch is really taking its toll on us isn't it! Can't believe how much prices have risen!
Now that I'm not working anymore, due to childcare costs and not enough family around to watch our little un' we are in desperate need of a little extra cash!!

I've been entering all the competitions online with This Morning etc...(yes Im that sad!!)
I'm that desperate I was even considering online bingo :S.... OH would go MENTAL if he knew I was thinking about that! Has anyone actually ever had any success with these kind of things!?

Would love to hear success stories from anyone.. or ideas as to how to make some extra casharoonie!!

:D

Love
Me and mini me xx

were doing car boots s well and there paying for the petrol every week so worth doing if you have the time!

Car Boot Sale? Ebay clearout?

Maybe stick an advert in your local shop and offer to do people's ironing or typing?

I would risk the online bingo thing TBH! :talkhand:

That is a good idea.. but we actually don't have much junk at all!! We aren't really hoarders so I would struggle to find enough stuff to sell :( :wall:

xx

:shhh: I cant use Ebay cause I get addicted and end up selling stuff I actually need... :rotfl:

:roll: gives me an excuse to go shopping for new stuff though!

use www.quidco.com

It's a cash back site.... if you register on it and then use the link from their site on to whoever you are buying from (ie Next, Debenhams etc) you get so much percent back on your purchases!

:dance:

Avon? betterware? dog walking? baby sitting? Ann summers party planner?
I wouldn't start playing bingo hun! You will lose more than you make.
Tbh times are tight for most of us, so people are less likely to spend money on avon etc
I do questionaires for ciao.co.uk. I've only made about £80 in 4 years, but I have had a few free products.

Yeh, in reality, Im not gonna do the bingo thing! Im just money hungry at the moment.. but Im not daft.

My friend does Avon so she kinda covers most of our group of friends....

I wouldnt mind the ironing idea, cause I actually do enjoy that! Not sure how I would put the word out though??

I just feel kinda guilty as well, with my OH working all hours god sends, then taking on another job on the doors at weekends... I feel like I'm not doing anything to help!

Thank you ladies xxx

One of my neighbours does ironing and she just printed out some leaflets and posted them through peoples doors... She collects and delivers too, if people want.

She gets quite a lot for it too, I have used her on occations when I have been busy (usually when I have a panice when the inlaws are coming to stay!!) and she charges approx £10 per black bag, but she does have proper prices per item - thats just an average

SarahH said:
One of my neighbours does ironing and she just printed out some leaflets and posted them through peoples doors... She collects and delivers too, if people want.

She gets quite a lot for it too, I have used her on occations when I have been busy (usually when I have a panice when the inlaws are coming to stay!!) and she charges approx £10 per black bag, but she does have proper prices per item - thats just an average

oh sounds good! I may try that! :)

Thanks hun x

Network marketing is a great way of earning extra cash. Companies such as Virgin Cosmetics, Ann Summers etc. There are lots out there to choose from. I have been doing it a while now and will be full time at it from September when Caitsy goes to school. My only advice would be to pick a company with a product/service that you believe in and then you will find it a doddle :)

I'm hoping to get an evening/weekend job in a shop. How about something like that? Or a Pub?

Its quite easy work, ok the pay isnt great but its all money and hopefully staff discount. I'm hoping to get hours the DH doesnt work so that we can share childcare and not have to pay for nursery.

Try www.slicethepie.com

You get paid to review music tracks, it's a bit of a ballache as first as you have to review a fair few to get up to a reasonable amount of stars but I manage to earn about a fiver a day without too much trouble. Thats £150 a month. Some of the tracks that are available are complete tosh though so you do have to get creative in the short reviews.

Also are you any good at writing short stories? loads of mags will buy stories like take a break etc look at http://www.theshortstory.org.uk/ this website lists the magazines which will buy short stories, always worth a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back