December Mummies :-)

@em1994 lovely photos I looked into getting an early scan but it’s £75 plus £25 twin surcharge !

@Roo87 unfortunately it’s the last day of the half term so my husband can’t come but I’m really looking forward to telling my eldest as she’s been praying for twins for about two years now. She also asked Santa for twins last year so that her Christmas present sorted this year :)
Sounds lovely we’ve had an hour in the garden already but I’ve reached my limit so we’re having some tv time but I think I’ll try and take the boys for a walk after lunch.

I slept for 5 hours last night instead of my usual three and it’s made some difference today as although I still look like crap I’ve actually played with the boys this morning.

My scan is Monday can't come quick enough the wait is killing me lol

Got my first midwife appointment tmrw 1hr long, hope il be booked for a scan earlier :-?

Got my first midwife appointment tmrw 1hr long, hope il be booked for a scan earlier :-?

Hope your appointment goes well.
I’ve woken up with no pregnancy symptoms today so I’m really worried.

Hope your appointment goes well.
I’ve woken up with no pregnancy symptoms today so I’m really worried.

Try not to worry - I think your symptoms should be starting to ease off as the placentas are taking over. I’ve not had much for the last week & a half x

Try not to worry - I think your symptoms should be starting to ease off as the placentas are taking over. I’ve not had much for the last week & a half x

I spoke too soon. Sickness is back luckily managed to keep it in this morning as I almost was sick whilst driving. X

Question for the twin Momma's, at around 8-9 weeks, did you have any symptoms or signs that you were definitely having twins?

I won't get my first scan until 10 June but my uterus is already peeking out over my pubic bone at 8 weeks 5 days. Just curious.

Question for the twin Momma's, at around 8-9 weeks, did you have any symptoms or signs that you were definitely having twins?

I won't get my first scan until 10 June but my uterus is already peeking out over my pubic bone at 8 weeks 5 days. Just curious.

Nope noting different to my singleton pregnancy’s. It was the biggest shock ever x

Hd my midwife appointment just went through everything and blah blah, took blood test etc etc have to have diabetes test wen am 12 weeks and another around 5 months pregnant. Will get scan appointment through soon
Feel horrible today nausea is still at its best :(
Midwife: “this ur first pregnancy”
Me: no 5th
Midwife: :shock:
Me: i no shock
Midwife: you look sooooo yng
Me::D

Hi everyone, just new here, first time pregnant and I am 7+5 today. We had an early reassurance scan on Monday and all looked good, measurements were correct for my dates and baby had a good strong heartbeat of 144. I've luckily felt quite well so far which I know I cnt complain about after reading how badly some of you poor things are suffering, a part of me would like to have a few more symptoms so that I feel more pregnant though! Does the worrying ever ease up at all, I still check for anything whenever I go to the toilet!

All going well I should be due on December 28th.

Can I ask what country are most people from as I know appointments and things can vary between different places?

I hope everyone is doing well :smile:

Hi everyone, just new here, first time pregnant and I am 7+5 today. We had an early reassurance scan on Monday and all looked good, measurements were correct for my dates and baby had a good strong heartbeat of 144. I've luckily felt quite well so far which I know I cnt complain about after reading how badly some of you poor things are suffering, a part of me would like to have a few more symptoms so that I feel more pregnant though! Does the worrying ever ease up at all, I still check for anything whenever I go to the toilet!

All going well I should be due on December 28th.

Can I ask what country are most people from as I know appointments and things can vary between different places?

I hope everyone is doing well :smile:
Hello
I am from UK
Am 7+3 days today due date December 30th
Your lucky with ur symptoms as am dying
:( want it to ease abit but looks unlikely

Is this ur first pregnancy??

Hello
I am from UK
Am 7+3 days today due date December 30th
Your lucky with ur symptoms as am dying
:( want it to ease abit but looks unlikely

Is this ur first pregnancy??

Hi!
I am from Ireland so I think the system is fairly similar, we booked the early scan privately ourselves and then I am scheduled for my 12 week visit on June 17th with the hospital, as far as I am aware though it is not guaranteed that I will have a scan at that date unless clinically indicated.
I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so horrible, hopefully it will start to ease soon. These first 12weeks seem like the longest ever, especially since we found out at so early.
Yes it is my first, is it your first? Do you feel like you are showing yet?

I knew at six weeks we we’re having twins from an early scan, I’m not sure I would have guessed. My sickness has been much worse this time and I’m getting a big bump already but aside from that not much different, I’d say the tiredness is the same and my boobs are still little & not feeling much :). Wouldn’t it be great @Elfs Mummy if there were 3 sets of December twin mummies! X

Last edited:
I knew at six weeks we we’re having twins from an early scan, I’m not sure I would have guessed. My sickness has been much worse this time and I’m getting a big bump already but aside from that not much different, I’d say the tiredness is the same and my boobs are still little & not feeling much :). Wouldn’t it be great @Elfs Mummy if there were 3 sets of December twin mummies! X

December is definitely the month for twins !

Congratulations @AimLG - great to have another December mummy! I'm 8+1 today, due Xmas day. I've not been suffering as much as most people, haven't actually been sick, just nauseous most of the day til about 3pm and pretty tired.

This is my 2nd and i deffo think the first trimester is the worst for worry - it feels so long. Time from my 20 week scan just flew last time and I felt great up to 37 weeks ish.

Finally got my midwife appt through today for next Wednesday so thats a relief, that'll be 9 weeks so back on time!

I've got a question for the mums who've done this multiple times...when did you tell your older children? Our son has just turned 3 - I'd originally planned to wait until after 20 week scan to tell him so it was a shorter wait for him. But we will be telling family & friends after 12 week scan... he picks up on so much, I'm worried he'll work it out (or someone will say something to him) I might be overthinking it but any advice appreciated! X

My wee girl asked me today if we could have twins ( she doesn't know I'm pregnant) and I was like no sweetheart we'll only make a wish for one baby when the time comes :)

I'm living on slushies right now, can barely eat in this heat but so thirsty and trying to cut caffeine so I'm digging slushies, the fruitier the better! How's everyone else getting through their days?

I've got a question for the mums who've done this multiple times...when did you tell your older children? Our son has just turned 3 - I'd originally planned to wait until after 20 week scan to tell him so it was a shorter wait for him. But we will be telling family & friends after 12 week scan... he picks up on so much, I'm worried he'll work it out (or someone will say something to him) I might be overthinking it but any advice appreciated! X
Last time our youngest figured it out (she's a wee genius, if I do say so myself) but then when we lost the baby at 12 weeks her whole world ended, she was traumatised. So we won't be telling her until as late as possible. I'm thinking if we get a gender scan at 16 weeks we'll tell the girls then.

Hi!
I am from Ireland so I think the system is fairly similar, we booked the early scan privately ourselves and then I am scheduled for my 12 week visit on June 17th with the hospital, as far as I am aware though it is not guaranteed that I will have a scan at that date unless clinically indicated.
I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so horrible, hopefully it will start to ease soon. These first 12weeks seem like the longest ever, especially since we found out at so early.
Yes it is my first, is it your first? Do you feel like you are showing yet?

This is my 5th pregnancy lol should get used to this by now, first 12 weeks is so crap for me and its the same all pregnancies no difference what so ever,
Am showing just abit trying to hide it till after my 12 weeks scan as my previous pregnancy to this one ended in a Miscarriage at 7 weeks, so trying to hide from everyone lol hibernating till 12 weeks gone,
I have 3 children 8,7,4 years old
Am 35 years old and am feeling every pain and aches right now :(

Last time our youngest figured it out (she's a wee genius, if I do say so myself) but then when we lost the baby at 12 weeks her whole world ended, she was traumatised. So we won't be telling her until as late as possible. I'm thinking if we get a gender scan at 16 weeks we'll tell the girls then.
Same here, my last pregnancy we told the kids and they were so excited and told their friends and school teachers then i had miscarriage at 7 weeks then had to tell everyone i miscarried, cant be dealing with all that again so its best to wait and make sure everything is okay b4 telling the kids, altho my yngest has already told his nursery teacher “mummy vomiting all the time” i was asked if am okay lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back