December babies - when are you finishing work?

lottietat

Reaction score
Those of you mums to be in December, when are you planning on finishing work? I am due 29th December, but thinking about the weather and possible snow, I plan to finish 9th December. Do you think this is too early? I am hopefully going to take 12 months off.

Hey I have finished now due to spd but officially from oct 15th x

I'm due 24th Dec but can pretty much finish when i like as i am a temp and not entitled to any maternity pay. I was thinking of seeing how i feel but i imagine i would want to work at all for the last two or three weeks

I am due 30 December and am starting maternity leave on 25 December, but am taking the 4 weeks before that off as annual leave, so end of November really. Can't wait!!

I am due on 25 December and was planning on my last day at work being 9th December x

I'm due 17th jan with twins but consultant has said early to mid December for c section at 35 weeks. I'm a hairdresser and have gone from 5 days to 4 for a long wknd but reckon consultant will advise me wen to finish xxx

im due 17th december and last day at work is Friday is 2 Dec but from the first week of November i'll be having every wednesday off (using annual leave) so that i dont get too tired, only have to do two days then 1 day off :) xx

I'm due the 12th Dec so am taking 2 weeks off before as AL. Last working day is 25th nov so I have 2.5 weeks off before baby due. Can't wait to finish work for 6-7months :)

Im not due til begining of Jan but looks like will be earlier possibly before christmas. I'm going to start my maternity leave at the begining of november purely because I have to drive over a moor to get to work for 3.5hrs 4 days a week and as we had heavy snow at the begining of november last year the moors were unpassable til pretty much January.
It works out in my favour to go on maternity leave that early as I'm will be getting £10 a week pay less than what I get now and it costs me £20 a week in fuel.

I have also been offered a new job in spring working for the vet who treats my horses, being his equine nurse for his new equine veterinary clinic that is being built and will open in spring, so I cant really lose.

We're dairy farming, and once this season's calves are reared - by end of October I hope, I'll be calling it quits!!!! Due 17 Dec.

Last edited:
Im due 14th dec but finishing 28oct as Im using annual leave :)

I'm due 26/12/11 and my last working day will be 09/12/11. They make us leave two weeks before baby is due because of the industry we're in (steel making).

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back