Anyone thought about when they are finishing work yet!

Spammy

Reaction score
Know it's early at 16 weeks but I had a chat with my boss about this this week. It got me all excited!

My due date is 5th July and I'm finishing 1st June. Which will give mr just over 4 weeks. 6 if baby is late. Do you think this is too early? I work as a PA for the NHS and although an office job, it can be very stressful and I can't finish soon enough! Also luckily I get lots of holidays and get to tag them on the end so still get 9months with baby.

When is everyone else thinking of finishing?

I'm about the same, due 11th July and planning to finish the start of June, like you I can't wait to leave! Think I'd rather leave earlier than later anyway!

Seems about right to me spammy. I finish next Thursday, so will have just about 3 weeks till due date. I thought I would be ok working this far as I have an office job but I am sooooooooo tired this month has been really hard.

My job is quite stressful, I'm senior admin within the children and family court system and it's even really tough goin getting up and into work then trying to stay awake!

Wish I was finishing tomorrow but still have 4 days next week :(

I was thinking of taking 2 weeks annual leave starting around the 21st may and then having mat leave start from 4th june due on the 6th but think this might be a bit too much maybe finish around 14th may... its so hard x

I was going to take holiday to start with too, but then one of the girls I work with suggested I take it all at the end as the full pay comes in handy after just being on stat mat pay. So I decided to start my maternity leave straight away and then take all the holiday at the end.

Luckily I can do it that way because my holidays run April-April.

yeah mine run from april to april too but seeing as i want to go back in jan i wanted to save a couple of week for later on, will see what work say x

I am finishing on the 30th April, I am taking 3 weeks hols beforehand and my maternity will start on my due date :) and there is nothing they can do about it :)

Nope haven't thought about it much lol :)

I'm practically counting the days down already!! Ha ha. Only 4 full months of work to go!!! Woo hoo!

I finish at 37 weeks and unfortunately can't bank annual leave as I'm a teacher, so although I do have great holidays I don't have a say about when I get to take them!! Was hoping to time baby for Oct but got behind schedule and am due April instead!! lol At the moment I'm doing 55 hour weeks and am pooped but hoping to wind down a bit after Feb half term, and have been given the last week out of class to write my kids reports so will be sitting behind a desk then for 4 days which will hopefully be easier. I have six working weeks left and am counting every day!!! Cannot believe how quickly it's flown by since September!!

Never too soon to be planning when to leave work!

I am due 1st July and am suggesting Mat leave to start 18th June, I want longer off with bubba. Hopefully I will have a week or so of holiday to use before this as I would love to leave sooner!

Being a temp I only get holiday for what I work, but at least I now get Statutory Maternity Pay like everyone else :)

I'm due 15th June so am going to leave an 17th may and take 4 weeks holiday. I'll have 10 months off including holiday, id like a year but they only pay us for 9 months. I'll prob ask for 2 weeks of my holiday to be paid prior to my maternity as I actually have more than 6 weeks to take.

I am literally counting down the days! x

I'm a self employed illustrator/animator, so I get to choose quite freely when I take leave. I've told my agent I'm unavailable from 5th May, with my due date being on June 19th because my work can be quite stressful at times and I'm already exhausted at only 18 weeks. I'll probably return to work quite soon after baby is born, though, as I work from home and will probably be able to take on smaller jobs in the earlier months. x

hey hun im finishing work on 2nd march, but using holiday first as they run mid march to mid march following year

i have some hols left from last year and the new hols which takes me to 5th may and im due the 4th, and maternity starts after and im taking the year off so wont be back till may 2013 :) ohhh that sounds good lol :dance:

with my second baby i left at 35 weeks which was a about right as is was starting to feel really tired then and he came on time too so i still had arond 8 months with him, plus hols when i went back :)

start thinking about it now if you decide a date and feel its too much nearer the time, get ur doc to sign u off till maternity starts xx

I work with my OH as we have our own business so am quite lucky that I can choose my own hours and when I stop work. We've bought one computer home as I plan to start working mainly from home from about March and then will work pretty much up to when I feel comfortable, but will be able to stop for breaks when I want. I then plan to just help out with the accounts, so end of month, etc so I can be with the baby. Like you girls I'm counting down the days :) xxx

Hi hunny! I was planning mine the day I got a positive lol!!
I'm really hoping to work until 37/38 weeks but I don't think I'll be able to. I'm a nanny with 3 kids so the thought of a hot may school hols and 3 kids doesn't appeal so may leave around 35/36 weeks instead.

Also girls did you know whilst your on matt leave you are still entitled to annual leave even though you haven't worked? So if your matt leave role over into the next holiday year you can still take them.
Even if you'veno holidays left before you leave you'll accumulate holidays on matt leave that you can take at the end if you like?

Hope that made sense?
X

I'm due 17th April and am hoping to work until the end of March. It won't leave me much 'chill time' between finishing work and my due date and towards the end of the month i'm probably going to be worrying about going into labour in my office (imagine that!) but i always said i wanted to work for as long as poss and have more time off afterwards.

Plus i'm sat behind a desk all day and actually cope better at work than i do when i'm running around at home! xx

I have just agreed today with work to finish on the 4th May due 7th June. I'll use a couple of weeks holiday and some Mat Leave but I'll start to shorten my weeks with holiday days as I'm sure I'll be tired x

Thanks for all your replies girls!! It makes it feel really real talking about leaving work doesn't it!!!

I did know that babybo. One of the old women at work was moaning bout how unfair it was the other day. Ha ha. I told her it's just as if you were on long term sick. You still get your years holiday!! Its one of the reasons I'm finishing a bit earlier. Cos with holidays on the end I still get plenty of time with baby.

Ooo it's so exciting!!

My due date is 13th May, and I think my last day at work will be 30th March. Our holiday runs Feb-Feb, so I've got 5 weeks worth to use up before I go on mat leave. Maternity leave will then start 1 week before due date.

It might seem early (34/35 weeks) but I'm already struggling with the commute at 24 weeks! Plus with hip/back pain that I can only assume is going to get worse I think earlier the better :)

I'm definitely planning on taking a year off, plus a week or so holiday so I'll be returning around end of May 2014. Lovely!

NB: you also accrue bank holidays whilst you're on mat leave, which I've been told I can add on to the end of my mat leave (9 days) - am assuming this is the same for everyone?

Oh I didn't know about the bank hols! Brill even more time off!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back