***December 2016 mums***

They're a lot different this time compared to my first pregnancy, I feel very alone when it comes to health care this time, I think the system is very stretched unless you are over 20 weeks they don't seem to have the time after5 miscarriages they wouldn't even offer me an early scan so that's why I've booked private scans

Omg that's shocking mummy, surely they should keep a closer eye after miscarriages :( I think after first baby they expect mums to kno what's what but makes me nervous. This is baby number 5 for me and feel more nervous about everything, even the fact of baby been born in Dec ( usually my Anxiety is worse during end of Nov/Dec) got the midwife next week, then be the scan st 21 weeks then. So glad I've booked a scan inbetween. Xx

Oh mummy I hope you are ok.

There is no difference in age between me and my twin so age related odds are exactly the same (unless they considered that I was 7 minutes older lol).
I have just thought that I am 2/3 kgs heavier than my last pregnancy and I'm at least 4kgs heavier than my twin, do they use weight as a factor??

Baby frog lovely pic hun

Xxx

Sorry I didn't read your post well. I thought you were talking about a previous pregnancy, lol.

I didn't do screenig tests because I pretty much knew the odds would be high at 36 and it would just worry me. I'm sure 1: 1000 would be super low for me! With DS he had a large NT measurement so we decided on the harmony test. Thankfully he is fine.

Oh btw ladies, mamas and papas have a sale on. I've bought a few neutral stuff for baby, and if you spend over 30 u get a 15 gift card issued late July a think to spend in Aug :) xx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies. Baby is being very well behaved so far and I feel fine. It wouldn't stay still for the sonographer through, although I don't blame it with all the prodding and poking, poor thing!

Sorry to hear about your stress mummy. Hopefully your scan will be hear before you know it and the worry will be over :)

Do you think your bmi might have changed range Tonks (like normal to now being just over weight?) that's all I can think of other than the measurement behind the neck... xxx

Hi Ladies,
How are the bumps coming along? Im 14+ 3 and yesterday i put on a pair of jeans that were fine last weekend and now I can't even do the zip up!

Was looking forward to getting a bump but now just feel like a lump of lard! Its defo not a gorgeous baby bump yet!

Awww bomb I noticed my clothes not fitting a few weeks ago but atm a just look fat. Can't wait for a proper bump. Awww baby frog is this your first baby? I've put all scan pics together from my boys scans and this one and every single one of them look different from each other. 16days till I go for a private gender scan getting impatient on waiting lol xx

Ha we've got ours on the 9th August and it feels like a lifetime away.

Would love to find out earlier but partners being a grumps and making me wait!!!

Ohhh mine at hospital is 6th or 9th can't remember which without looking lol. Only booked as a local place had a deal on groupon. Wish a would be one of the mummy's that waits until baby is born to find out bet it's an amazing feeling. When are you due bomb? Xx

Ohhh mine at hospital is 6th or 9th can't remember which without looking lol. Only booked as a local place had a deal on groupon. Wish a would be one of the mummy's that waits until baby is born to find out bet it's an amazing feeling. When are you due bomb? Xx

Due December 23rd.....so desperate to know what we are having. Funny really as before I was pregnant I was always one of those 'Oh I'll wait and have the surprise at birth'. Haha not a chance!!

There are some local places to us but for the sake of 4 weeks we are going to wait (she says with gritted teeth)

When are you due?

Yeah it's our first :)

We're both wanting a surprise so that's worked out well. I think if he'd wanted to know I would have caved as I'm usually too nebby for my own good ha ha.

I feel massive too, but I know it's just bloating and a week in Tenerife feeding my face. If I breathe right in I defo have a tiny bump under my belly button though! I'm living in leggings and baggy tops until it's common knowledge and I can just let my stomach all hang out ha ha Xxx

Last edited:
I'm due on the 21st Dec, baby will be here before then tho it's a definate c section which am scared about already :( Awww its diff when your preg ain't it weeks feel like years 4weeks seems too far, 16days does. This baby was such a shock that things don't seem real in a way even tho physically it feels very real. Awwwww baby frog it's gonna be amazing when baby is here and they give you a massive suprise of you've a daughter or a son �� As anyone felt baby move yet? Forgot when a did with my other boys. Xx

I'm feeling some movements now! Despite all the weight I lost I am looking very pregnant. Not really any hiding it now. My fundal height is now up to my belly button which is weeks ahead where it should be so I guess that is part of it. For some reason I always measure huge.

I've not felt any wiggles for a couple of days now I've got so anxious and my mood is a bit low today which isn't like me at all! Normally I'm pretty much Mrs positive all the time so not used to this feeling! I just have an awful feeling that I'm not having this baby and I can't shake it just wish Sunday would hurry up for my scan
BunnyN My bump is quite high just below my ribs

I don't feel wiggles every day. I seem to remember it being 20+ weeks until I felt them every day in my other pregnancies.

How about ringing the place that is going to do your private scan and saying you have had spotting and are really worried and see if there is any chance of them fitting you in a couple days early? I don't know if it works for you but they might do it if they are nice.

Mummy I hope all is well, I'm sending lots of good luck your way. If it's making you anxious maybe try the hospital again, you shouldn't need to rely on paying for private scans. Xxx

Phoned the hospital to see if they would see me they said no only if I had heavy bleeding or severe pain, I phoned the private place the only scan time they have any earlier is on Saturday and I have a 13 hour shift that day so I'm going to just have to wait it out, I do honestly think it's partly a bit of paranoia after previous miscarriages and my little boy has been very trying today which has made me very weary, I do feel very alone in terms of medical/midwife care compared to with my son

I'll just keep my fingers crossed you have a very wiggly baby tomorrow to put your mind at ease xxx

I'm hoping tomorrow is a wiggly day for you too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back