***December 2016 mums***

One of my work colleagues came up up to me earlier and rubbed my tummy and he said Awww wee baby how lovely, I'd just had my lunch pretty sure he just rubbed my food baby as I was bloated after eating haha

Hows everyone feeling ladies??

Last coupld of days I've been feeling so much better I still have the sickness a little at night but nothing too horrible.
Today this is the first day since feeling ill I have started cleaning the house properly!! I can't wait until it's all shining again!.

Yay.

I keep thiking I may be feeling little movements but then straight after feeling pressure I'll hear a big gurgle in my tummy or let out a fart so think it's still just wind and gas at this stage. I can't wait to not feel bloated now!

Happy Friday ladies xxx

Hi ladies.
I am feeling loads better now...more energy and the sickly feeling has now gone..thank God! Just been away for our last holiday as a family of 3. I have felt a few wiggly movements but it must tire baby out as I don't feel them very often. Can't wait for the big kicks! Xx

Last edited:
Hey, can you add me please :) I'm 13+1 today and due 17/12. I'm not exactly sure what everyone classes as tri 2. I've read different things; 13 weeks, 13+3 and 14 week. Either way I'm not far off lol xx

Can you add my due date for the 16th please :).

The 2nd tri starts at different times in different countries so it gets confusing. PF lists tri 1 as being weeks 1 to 13. Just to confuse things more if you are starting with week 1 it means your 1st week starts when you are 0 weeks pregnant so that means your 13 week starts at 12 weeks pregnant. So I think on PF tri 2 starts at 12 weeks?

The last two days have been a nightmare, my little boys asthma is playing up again on Saturday night we had to bring him to the emergency department he was started in nebulisers and steroids, thankfully they let him home around 1am, then I had to get up yesterday morning at 6am, back to the hospital for a 14 hour shift on 4.5 hours sleep and hardly any food from the previous day, the day ended with me with my head down the loo again and it's been a few weeks since that's happened, totally exhausted, thankfully I'm now off work for a weeks leave so hopefully some time to rest

Hope you and your little man are both feeling better. I find rest is key to keeping the sickness controlled. Overdoing it and not getting regular meals etc definitely makes things worse. Sometimes you don't have much choice when you have other LOs though. I am fortunate that OH has been able to take a lot of time off work to look after our two. I dont know what I would have done otherwise.

Last edited:
Hi all, finally starting to feel better which is good! Although when I went to my scan the sonographer put my date back from 15th to 19th now I'm worried I'm going to fall on Christmas Day!! I know I should not be worrying about this and should think myself bloody lucky but I really do not want a Christmas Day baby!! Or near Christmas! Ideally I would prefer it in early December!!!! But they say a lot of pregnancies run over especially when it's your first!!!!

I have been worried about a christmas baby too. I dont mind in theory but it would be a practical issue because our MW is away for Christmas so it would probably put an end to our home birth plans. She was at both our other births and my MC and we really get on well so I'd be sad not to have her this time. The hospitals that are a possibility for me have a very medicalised aproach with high CS and episiotomy rates so I'm not keen on them. Our 1st was 10 days over so that would be a bit of a disaster but DS was 5 days early so I'm hoping for an early one again!

Last edited:
Feeling very anxious and emotional today. My cousins baby was born stillborn yesterday, she had complications throughout her pregnancy but such a shock and has left me feeling very low and a lot of anxiety I've decided now I definitely want to find out what we're having so I'm having a gender scan in 2 weeks. I've never felt the need to have a gender scan to help me bond with baby but now I feel like I need it. Also received my appointment for cardiologist today I've been having a lot of palpitations and chest pains so trying not to get any more stressed but just feel like I want to cry today

So sorry for your poor cousins loss. I dont blame you for feeling shaken up. You dont expect something like that to happen in your own family and being pregnant makes it feel even closer to home. The scan sounds like a great idea. It will give you something positive to concentrate on.

Last edited:
Just devestated for her but trying to stay positive for us that it won't happen to me! So looking forward to scan now to find out what we're having

Hi everyone, I did introduce myself in the first tri but didn't really comment much. I promise I'll come and talk more haha would love to get to know you all. I'm due 9th Dec now, it was moved forward from the 14th at my scan. I hop everyone is doing ok! Just when I thought tiredness was getting better me and my little boy have become so feeling pretty crap!!

So so sorry for your cousins loss mummywanabe, that's so sad xx

Nice to have you here with us in tri 2 MrsEB.

I did update in the tri 1 thread but I really belong here now. Finally had my scan first scan on Wed. All good and baby wiggling about like crazy. Only one in there :). Baby measured 14 weeks. By my calculations I'm 13+5 so agrees pretty well.

Last edited:
Anyone started gaining any weight yet, I have a definite bump now although sometime I feel like it looks like I ate all the pies, I had started gaining a little with my son by 16 weeks and I've already had to get my maternity uniform for work but I'm still losing weight (not through choice I just have no appetite and nausea still there Ive lost 20lbs since the start of my pregnancy.
I'm feeling so anxious this time round compared to first time, I just can't wait to feel some definite movement and can maybe stop booking frequent scans at babybond because I'm going to be so skint.
Glad to see so many starting to come over to Tri 2 now, hope everyone and babies r doing well xo

I've accepted I have a bump the last few days, only when I'm standing up though :) I need to go out and buy a suit to wear for work, no maternity clothes provided and my current uniform has a couple of weeks in it at the most. Think it will all be internet shopping as I dint want to spend too much time or money when I'll only be wearing it for around 4 months.
On a plus point I'm feeling much better and more like myself apart from being tired :)

Ok so I've moved over to second trimester now!!! Whoooooooop!!!!

So excited :)

Time is flying by already!

Due date confirmed as 23rd December x

It wont be long until all the December ladies are in tri 2!

I am also having to accept I have a definite bump. I only started showing with my first at something like 27 weeks and now I'm only 14 weeks. I started showing early with my second too but I thought this time with loosing 2.5 stone from the sickness it might take a bit longer. I look a lot thinner, but my bump doesn't! Because of loosing the weight I still fit in my normal clothes but it won't last long. Until now I have been trying to wear things that cover the bump rather than show it off. I think I'm going to have to start going for a more pregnant look any day now. I will just feel a bit silly when strangers ask how many months I am and I say 3 :).

When is second trimester? I'm due 21st Dec and can't figure it out, been silly really. I have got abit of a bump already at nearly 14 weeks, seems to be flying by the weeks eeeek. Cannot wait :)how early do u get braxton hicks from aswell? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back