Could this be it?? or am i not that lucky

Riot_Grrrl

Reaction score
i know i know this is my 4th baby..but as i've had 3 inductions my labours have been a bit bizarre and i don't really know what to expect when 'going on my own'....for the last couple of hours i've been having definate tightenings which started out with no pain whatsoever but has now progressed to..'oooh (biting lip)' if you get me :oops: ? i havn't timed them and are pretty irregular, the contractions i've experianced in the past have been oxytocin induced and been HORRENDOUS from the offset and constant..so this is all new to me. Could this be the start? or is this what braxton hicks feel like? any help girlies will be much appreciated :) oh btw i am a little concerned because once i'm actually in labour (past labours) things happen very quickly and i deliver as soon as waters break. thanx xx

i cant help love as this is my first baby and i have no idea what it feels like, but i wanted to wish you all the best and i have my fingers crossed for you, hopefully this is it :hug: keep us updated

It does sound promising. I started that way with both my spontaneous labours (2nd and 3rd). I'd have a go at timing them casually just to keep an eye on them and just stay comfy.

Waters can go differently with different labours. With my first, they were broken for me, with my 2nd they went minutes before I delivered but with my 3rd, they went before I'd had any significant contractions then I started painful regular contractions and delivered 2 hours later.

Are you having a home or hospital birth? If you are at home it may be worth letting delivery know so they can maybe send someone to check you. Sometimes it can take a while for someone to get to you so it's better to call earlier rather than later. If you are going to hosp then maybe wait until you are more certain then give them a bell.

Hope this is it! Good luck x

:pray: Hope so hun, i can relate to not knowing what sontanious labour feels like but when I have said this to my MW et al they have just gone :? :wall: :wall:

Yeah that's how it starts!! I really hope this is it starting for you and you get to experience a natural labour :pray:

Oooh keep us updated! Thinking of you!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back