Could this be it?

AliCat

Reaction score
This evening from about 5-5.30pm ish I've been having tightenings of my bump on a regular basis. I haven't timed them, but my bump keeps going hard for a bit and sometimes accompanied with period pains.
This afternoon I could feel Isla's head really low down and movements that I could even feel inside my vagina (sorry, TMI). I haven't had a show or any signs of my waters breaking, but I'm wondering if this is it now??? :shock: I'm scared!!!!!!

Oooh I hope so hun!! I have my phone on and I have credit lol so thats good! Try not to be scared! :hug: :hug: You will do just fine hun! I didnt have a show until on my way in the hospital I went to the toilet and thats when I had one! That might have even been the second time I went in (with Joseph I went back hom then back in again in the early hours) and they broke my waters for me so although you havent had them "signs" doesnt mean anything! Im so excited!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:cheer: :cheer: I hope this is it for you hun, I'll be watching out for news!!

Where are you Ali?!?!? We need an update!!!

Thank you girls!! I'm still here and still intact. Had the pains all night, and rang the delivery suite at the hospital about 9.30pm and spoke to a midwife who advised me to chill out at home and have a bath then go to bed. Didn't take a bath (I have a heart monitor strapped to me now for 5 days and don't want to keep taking it off) but I went to bed. Hardly slept at all, must have managed to snatch 3-4 hours sleep. Had the tightenings and period type pain all night, but it was like they came in waves. I'd have a succession of 5 or so in one go, then everything settled down then they would start up half an hour or so later. I felt my last bad pain at about 2am and managed to drop off after that only to wake again. All night though I've had this constant pain and discomfort in my lower back and lower bump which is still there now. I've got up early coz it was driving me mad, but I honestly don;t know what the hell to do with myself!! My bump is very low and it feels like baby's head is on my cervix and the discomfort is there all the time. All other pains have stopped :wall:
I was hoping to have had the baby by the time my mum drives up from the midlands today - she's staying with me for a few days this week.
Been bouncing on my birthing ball, but that feels too uncomfy due to te low down pressure......argh I just want this baby out now!!

Awww Ali you have my sympathy mate :hug: been like that meself for days and its really startin to do my soddin swede in now :hug: xxxxx

How exciting!

You sound just like my friend last week and she had her baby on Saturday morning!
Get out walking, I took her round the shops, round the park and round some woods.

Fingers crossed it all kicks off soon!

Hi guys still in one piece,no baby yet. Mum is staying with me for a few days so won't be on here as much. Hope you are all well?

Oh how exciting.. doesnt sound like its gonna be long!

Claire x

I hope it won't be too long now! Mum is really hoping that baby will make an appearance while she's staying with us....
I've been having a few niggles this morning, like pressure on my cervix and bump going hard at the same time. It's sort of regular, but I can cope with it. Will have to keep an eye, but I don't think anythings going to happen just yet :wall:

Sounds exactly the same as what i've been experiencing - it's so frustrating, I just wish it would continue into Labour or stop completely, I keep getting my hopes up then..........nothing!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Good Luck & I hope things progress for you very soon. x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back