Could this be a faint positive or just an Evap line?

bright_star

Reaction score
Ok so i am new here. Thought the users of this forum may be able to help me.
DP and I decided a few weeks ago that we'd TTC and then due to personal reasons i changed my mind. I had not taken the pill (mini pill) for about 4 or 5 days and started taking it again. We didn't use anything else so knew there'd be a slim chance i'd get pregnant.

Well i've started with some symptoms and i'm not sure if i could be. Dry nipples and the appearance of montgomery tubercles (had both these symptoms when preg before especially the MT). I have also been feeling queasy and my sense of smell is more sensitive than usual.

Well i tested a few days ago and it was definitely negative. I did another this morning and there was something on the 'test' line. It looked like 2 dots or blotches. I thought it may be an evap line but if it was would the whole line not be visible?

This is starting to play on my mind and i want to test again but know i should wait a few days.

Is there a chance it could be a faint positive??

Last edited:
Hi brightstar and welcome to the forum.
It's hard to comment really. What's the test like wen you hold it up
Against a bright light?
Are you able to post a picture so we can see?
X

I'm going to say, no... it doesn't sound like a positive so just wait a few days and see how it goes :)

From experience i'd ignore anything that isn't a crisp, clear line.

Do you know if you are late or when you ovualted?

Hi brightstar and welcome to the forum.
It's hard to comment really. What's the test like wen you hold it up
Against a bright light?
Are you able to post a picture so we can see?
X

It looked sort of like a faint line, with these 2 darker dots, but i wondered if my eyes were playing tricks on me :lol: I could see it better in natural light but i can't take a photo as my camera is broken and my mobile takes rubbish photos.
I held it up against 2 other tests that i had taken a few days ago and they definitely didn't have these 'dots' but that what's confusing me the most. They are not a complete line. The test has faded a bit now too.

I would have just dismissed it and thought it was neg if it wasn't for the symptoms i am having.

I'm going to say, no... it doesn't sound like a positive so just wait a few days and see how it goes :)

From experience i'd ignore anything that isn't a crisp, clear line.

Do you know if you are late or when you ovualted?

I'm not too sure. I was breastfeeding my DD so i never had any periods at all and stopped feeding in september. I then had a period at the start of October, then some more bleeding a week later. Then i had another period at the start of November but nothing since. :eh:

ive had the exact same thing happen to me today! i done a test, and theres a faint line on there you can just about see .. im trying to get peoples opinnions on it .. i dont wont to get my hopes up too much thou just incase. :|

I agree with Louise. You can get faulty tests, so please test again tomorrow or next day - good luck!!

I would give it a week chick and then test again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back