Could I be pregnant - took norethisterone and now no period

Looby

Reaction score
Hi, I came off the pill about 2 or 3 months ago and was due to come on my period around the 19th August. I was going on holiday that day and so wanted to prevent my period. I took two pregnancy tests in the week leading up to this (one a week before which won't of worked because it was a test that detects up to 4 days before missed period (didn't realise, thought I'd got a 7 day one) then took another one 4 days before which also came back negative). As they were negative I expected my period to come so went to the doctors for norethisterone to stop it. I am now back from my holiday and took the last tablet saturday morning, it is now wed and no period. The doctor said I would come on two days after stopping the pills. I have been back off holiday since Monday morning and have felt ill since with a bad stomach which started while I was away and have a constant dull headache and feel dehydrated. Could I be pregant but was too early for the tests to detect? Am also worried as to the effects of the norethisterone if I am. Any advice much appreciated, thanks!

Not all pregnancy tests can show a positive result web if they claim to say find out 4 days before you af. As it all depends when implantation happened it can happen very late for some women, do the hcg levels would not of been present. I'm not sure about those meds as iv never been on them mayb give your doctor a ring?, those stomach pains could well be your af leave it a couple more days then test again, but u assume not all women would have a peroid 2 days after meds. But if your worrie give doctor a call xxx

Hiya
I have taken it before and it took 3 days for period to return. The only way to know is to do a test and see. It has only been 4 days since stopping so it may just be taking a bit longer, maybe call doctor aswell if concerned. x

Last edited:
I've taken it before too and my period showed up bang on two days after my last pills. I would do another test, if BFN then wait it out a few more days. Some people have said they didn't get their period for up to 2 weeks after stopping Norethisterone. If you're worried, give your GP a ring. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back